1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

“Fighting back” in TTR

Discussion in 'Main Forum' started by Loveless, Jun 5, 2018.

?

Should fighting back be non-bannable offense?

1. Yes

13 vote(s)
    59.1%
  2. No

2 vote(s)
    9.1%
  3. Maybe so

7 vote(s)
    31.8%
  1. Loveless
    Cold

Loveless Stuck in my glory days KTTA ATTA Supporter TTR Beta Tester

100%
    As I’m sure you all know Greening is a bannable offense no matter what. This means that people can be banned for greening a toon that was attempting the green the others. This also applies toward ditching in facilities. Personally it’s been awhile sincerely I’ve encountered a greener or ditcher, but I think greening to avoid being greened yourself is OK. But I guess leaving is sometimes faster than using rewards/greening.

• Like Like x 3
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 2
  2. FantariaTempesta
    Pensive

FantariaTempesta Forever Tumbling Down (x3) ATTA Supporter TTR Beta Tester

100%
    Seems fair, but feels like a wasted endeavour. I don't think it should be banworthy.

• Useful Useful x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  3. Cheyenne Sweet
    Bashful

Cheyenne Sweet Gag Trainer

60%
    I don't think it should be a bannable offense, but at the same time, it is a bit of a slippery slope. There is the question of where you draw the line and how you can tell if someone is a greener vs. just an inexperienced player. Sometimes people are falsely accused of being greeners, so what if somebody greens them thinking (or pretending) they're a greener?

• Like Like x 7
  4. Adorkable Mousie
    Innocent

Adorkable Mousie Cute Adorkable Toon :D TTR Beta Tester

100%
    If toons are being intentionally disruptive by not being a team player and using low sound on low cogs or anything else being a pain in the tookus, then yeah I support others greening that toon. They're better off not having that toon being there, and I feel TTR mods should at least let us be able to defend ourselves and keep the others alive with single tu's so the greener doesn't get anything and has to use a reward or a doodle (lol) to heal themselves and everyone else. It's honestly pretty rare these days to run into a greener from what I've seen, and most of the ones I've seen are terrible so they pretty much kill themselves anyways.

Last edited: Jun 5, 2018
    • Like Like x 1
  5. Aiyman
    Cynical

Aiyman Elite Toon TTR Beta Tester

100%
    Personally, I feel like it should be a non bannable offense, but at the same time, it will be pretty pointless, since most Greeners aren't that good anyway. I feel like disconnecting is more of a win-win. The Toons can leave and move on, and the Greener gets people to leave. But eh.

6. Petallities
    Aggressive

Petallities The One Teen With Issues™ KTTA TTR Beta Tester

100%
    I agree. Fighting back shouldn't be bannable because then it could possibly teach the greener a lesson, lmho.

• Funny Funny x 2
  7. King T
    Daring

King T Elite Toon TTR Beta Tester

100%
    greening isn't something you should get banned for in the first place

• Like Like x 1
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  8. Czarcasm
    Spaced

Czarcasm Elite Toon ATTA Supporter

100%
    I think it should be allowed to green people who are attempting to green everyone else. If you want to be a trash person, I will give you trash results

9. Dathlua
    Happy

Dathlua Gag Trainer ATTA Supporter TTR Beta Tester

35%
    I'm going to have to disagree and say that it should definitely stay put as a bannable defense. The reason is that you must consider who is behind the screen. Toontown is designed for everyone of all ages to play and you can't always determine their intentions. Even if the intentions are negative, Toontown is a teamwork game. Lead by example, and if worse case scenario you are about to die and can't be saved just disconnect before you become sad. Besides, if you show them it doesn't bother you they might even stop. Just make sure to report it to support if you bear a solid assurance that the intentions are negative with as much evidence as you can. There would be no desire for them to repeat their actions against other toons if that is the case :)

• Like Like x 1
  10. Starry Eyed
    Lurking

Starry Eyed Gag Trainer ATTA Supporter TTR Beta Tester TTR Alpha Tester

35%
    I completely agree. If you notice someone trying to green, gather all of the evidence needed, disconnect, report and move on. "Teaching them a lesson" just makes them madder, and it likely won't stop the person from doing it. Reporting gets them out of the game. Plus, now you're putting yourself as "judge, jury, executioner." Now you can green someone who might genuinely just be bad at the game and have the excuse "I thought they were greening me." Being the judge of a situation is a moderator's job, not the players'.

• Like Like x 1
  11. That Soundless Horse
    No Mood

That Soundless Horse that pessimistic soundless horse TTR Beta Tester

100%
    I mean, yeah.
    A lot of greeners won't stop until either
    A - they need to leave
    B - they get disconnected
    C - they die (go sad)
    usually of the times B is rarely gonna happen unless a storm is happening near them
    I doubt they'd do a greening if they only have 1 hour lol
    So yeah, greening a greener should exist and be encouraged. I don't really care if it makes me sound like a vigilante or judge jury and executioner, if they're greening you, they're wasting your time and you shouldn't need to be in a run for 9 hours because someone is trying to green, rofl. (but most are bad so not like it matters)
    Is it a slippery slope? Yes, a reason it will never be allowed is simple.
    A - they get triggered at anything greening and would drop everything just to ban a greener rofl
    B - I do agree on some arguments with them actually. Somebody could see someone not use juggling ONE turn whilst a lure happens and say "well thats greening!" when It isn't. If something like this were to happen, a clearer definition on greening would be in place, and I believe they would need at least 3 mods to check it out before making a judgement on it, and perhaps other people as well, it's better to get both perspectives in then just 1 big biased slope.

Last edited: Jun 13, 2018