1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

12/13/2013 - Daily Alpha Giveaway: The Final Countdown

Discussion in 'TTR Posts' started by Lisosaurus, Dec 14, 2013.

1. Lisosaurus
    In-Love

Lisosaurus Gag Trainer

60%
    Daily Alpha Giveaway: The Final Countdown
    Posted by Sir Max on December 13, 2013 02:00 PM

OooooooooooOOOooOOOoooooohhhh boy. This is it, fellas. The final day. We are literally in the final countdown. I can hear 80's music all around me. Such intensity!

[​IMG]

You can feel the tension in the air. What will today's feedback question be? What website is hosting the secondary contest? What lucky toons are going to get their paws on the last 20 Alpha Keys in the Giveaway?

Well, my curious friend, I have an answer for all of those in order of randomness. Random counter says that I'm going to answer #2 first: We're hosting the secondary contest. In fact, we are merging the giveaway into one full thing and randomly picking 20 lucky toons to receive keys!

Now, I've been reading some of your complaints. You're "never entering another key contest again", you say. Well, sadly, you toons who said that just lied. "You can't force me to enter!" you may say, but we just did.

That's right. Everyone who has entered since the beginning of these giveaways was just entered into this final one. That means if you entered all 10 days of the giveaway, your name is in there 10 times. If you entered 3 days of the giveaway, your name is in there 3 times. Basic Math. (Whichever one of you thinks that Toontown has no educational value, consider yourselves wrong. Hooray for math!)

Now, for the question. This is the final one, so make it count! "What can Toontown Rewritten do to make the game better for you, personally? Not the game as a whole, but you." It can be big or small, a tweak or a huge feature.

This has been an awesome experience, and I love reading your feedback every day. No matter who wins tomorrow, I hope that all of you had fun doing this. Toons of the world, checkoutthesewinners!

Daily Alpha Giveaway Winners:
    The people listed below were randomly selected from the entries to win. Head on over here to enter for tomorrow's giveaway!

Today's Question:
    "What kind of tools can Toontown Rewritten make to help other sites?
    (Examples: Toon stats, Top Toons display, Invasion tracker API, etc.)"

1. Tomasina
    With Top toons you can add Top Doodles, like most laff given, most tricks done, etc.​
    2. Kenoch
    An Invasion Tracker would be vey helpful. I've used it countless times in the original Toontown.​
    3. Dippy Skippy Nuttymuffin
    Put up some advertising on TTR website for other websites.​
    4. Baron Zooblecrump
    API for toon update for websites. Top Toons for buildings destroyed, most bots destroyed, etc.​
    5. Weird Zany Rufflespeed
    ...I think it'd also be cool if the game server could output some in-game information directly to the Toontown Rewritten site itself. Features like invasion trackers on the Toontown fansites were useful and it would be nice to have that built directly into the Toontown Rewritten site.​
    6. Knuckles
    Invasion Tracker!!!!​
    7. Odieboy
    A tool that can help Toontown Rewritten release to another website is a tool that can track invasions, like the good ol' invasion tracker website, but make it official! Nobody will be banned for using it!​
    8. Avada Kedavra
    I really have no idea...​
    Once again, we borked up and forgot to push the question. These toons still entered in the time period, but he answered the question "Of all of the suggested features you have seen, which one do you want the most?" instead. Sorry!
    9. Elijah
    More animals to choose from, and animals to have tales.​
    10. Cookie
    My most wanted feature would probably be the idea of bikes or another form of transportation for the tasks that require a lot of walking around.​
    "Eddit or Reddit?" Contest:
    Reddit:
    I asked redditors of /r/Toontown to put their art skills to a test and make a version of "Snoo" based off of Toontown. These below are my favorites. Keep an eye on /r/Toontown, as the moderator (/u/Mysteryman64) and myself will be choosing one of them to use as the subreddit's logo soon!

1. Mellowbit [​IMG]
    2. Greenitthe [​IMG]
    3. Vyradia [​IMG]
    4. Derpygoose [​IMG]
    5. Annelle [​IMG]

Toonblr:
    June and Josh hosted a Tumblr ("Toonter") contest yesterday to see some of the fanart that you guys can draw. They asked for five different categories, and picked a winner from each. NOTE: These are just for fun, not in-game designs.

1. Mischief and Science - Toon Trooper Symbols
    [​IMG]
    2. Gale Slash - New Cog Emblem
    [​IMG]
    3. Shiba-ty - Shticker Book Redesign
    [​IMG]
    4. Slendytoon - Friends GUI Redesign
    [​IMG]
    5. "Cogs Make Me Uncomfortable" - New Shirt Design
    [​IMG]
    TTRForums Backstory Contest:
    TTRForums was interested in what kind of fanfiction the community could come up with, asking everyone to write a story about how an NPC earned their job. These don't relate to TTR, just a fun story to tell. And a key to win!

1. Footballtoon
    The Discovery of Lord Lowden Clear
    ...Postmaster Pete was in awe. “Oh my lord, Lowden…what is this?” Pete gradually asked, his head still turning, stunned by the visual in front of him. Lowden answered, “Well, I’m working on designing a Cashbot suit. I’ve been studying how the Sellbot suit parts worked, and have managed to come up with a working Cashbot form of the cog suit. I just need the gloves to complete it...​
    2. Fire Lord
    The Tanley Parable
    ...This is what Toon 427 did every day of every month and every year, and although others might have considered it cog-like, Tanley enjoyed every moment that the orders came in. And Tanley was very happy. Then one day, something very strange happened. Something that would forever change Tanley. Something he would never forget...​
    3. Mayday Parade
    Loony Louis' Story
    ...Binky sprayed me with his seltzer bottle and decided to move on to the next exercise. Which was the best thing I've ever seen. It was a mini Cruiser Clown Car! It was equipped with horns, and even wheels shaped like pies...​
    4. Thing
    Johnny Cashmere's Accidental Success
    ...He always dressed a little different than the other toons. He wore a shirt and a pair of shorts like every other boy toon, but his entire outfit was strangely colored...​
    5. Awkward Pineapple
    Inflatable Wrecking Balls
    ...Bruce was different, though, he would not let the cogs change him. As he left his house, he said bye to a few of his neighbors, but they were too busy acting loony to notice...​
    6. Obsidian
    Detective Lima, On The Case
    ...They stormed each neighborhood and claimed it as their own. Lloyd Lima did all he could to protect his citizens from these robots, AKA "cogs", but in the end, they were all run out of Lureville...​
    7. Princess Hulagadget
    Whispering Willow's Voice Training Secret
    ...I can still remember how things were, back when Donald was still awake. He had called me, telling me about his new Dreamland, and asking me if I'd like to open up a shop there...​
    8. Slendy Toon
    Vidalia Vavoom: The Love that can Never Be
    ...Years pass as Vidalia's task to toons is to recover and deliver the special love note to Snooty. She knew it was time to confess. It's been almost 10 years since she's known him...​
    9. Remedy
    Flippy's Audition
    ..."I'll make them wacky! Fun! Excited! Toonier than toonier can go!" Flippy exclaimed, jumping onto a table. "I have the enthusiasm of all the toons combined." ...​
    10. Chariot
    Leo's Fenders - The Pie, The Yesman, The Mouse
    ...The robot walked up to the Toons, with a very creepy grin on its face. It had a metallic suit on, and had excellent posture for a robot, if Leo did say so himself...​

• Like Like x 1
  2. Moon
    Spaced

Moon Gag Trainer

35%
    What... A... Twist...

3. Ivy
    Artistic

Ivy Elite Toon

100%
    Congrats to everyone who wins and good luck :)

4. Princess Hulagadget
    Confused

Princess Hulagadget Cog Crusher TTR Alpha Tester

60%
    Why don't the links to the stories work? I wanted to read the other winning stories... :(

• Like Like x 1
  5. Yippie Crinklepretzel
    Artistic

Yippie Crinklepretzel Gag Trainer

35%

I can't view any of the stories as all of them say that you do not have permission to view this thread and then it shows sign up or log in lines and I already have a account. Before I registered I could read them, but I want to read them again but I made an account and I can't! Can someone PLEASE HELP ME!??
    --- Double Post Merged, Dec 14, 2013, Original Post Date: Dec 14, 2013 ---
    I need help I can't read the stories because when I click the link it says " You do not have permission to view this thread or perform this action"

Can an admin please help me!? Or fix this :(
    --- Double Post Merged, Dec 14, 2013 ---
    You're not the only one :( They won't work for me either!

6. Princess Hulagadget
    Confused

60%
    It won't work whether you have an account or not. The stories don't show up in written posts either when looking at the posts of the user who wrote the story. I'm pretty sure they were deleted, but I do hope they're retrievable. I'm glad I saved mine in case they aren't...

• Like Like x 1
  7. Yippie Crinklepretzel
    Artistic

Yippie Crinklepretzel Gag Trainer

35%
    You're right, I hope so too.

8. Enter
    Tired

Enter Moderation Manager
    Cast Member Moderation Manager ATTA Supporter TTR Beta Tester

100%
    I hope they get the new update out soon, I'm so hyped up to see who won :D

• Like Like x 1
  9. Princess Hulagadget
    Confused

60%
    Why do these links lead to error pages? :(

Is there any way to retrieve the stories that were written on this site for the contest?

10. Sir McQuack
    No Mood

Sir McQuack Elite Toon TTR Beta Tester

100%
    I took all of the links on the post on TTR's site and put them through the Wayback Machine, and to my amazement, all of them were saved!

The Discovery of Lord Lowden Clear: The Discovery of Lord Lowden Clear | Toontown Rewritten Fansite
    The Tanley Parable: Shopkeeper Story: Tanley Parable | Toontown Rewritten Fansite
    Loony Louis' Story: Loony Louis - From Clown To Mechanic | Toontown Rewritten Fansite
    Johnny Cashmere's Accidental Success: Johnny Cashmere's Accidental Success | Toontown Rewritten Fansite
    Inflatable Wrecking Balls: Inflatable Wrecking Balls: A Horror Story By Scratchy Mouse(Awkward Pineapple) | Toontown Rewritten Fansite
    Detective Lima, On The Case: Detective Lima, On The Case | Toontown Rewritten Fansite
    Whispering Willow's Voice Training Secret: Whispering Willow's Voice Training Secret | Toontown Rewritten Fansite
    Vidalia Vavoom: The Love that can Never Be: Vidalia Vavoom: The love that can never be | Toontown Rewritten Fansite
    Flippy's Audition: Flippy's Audition | Toontown Rewritten Fansite
    Leo's Fenders - The Pie, The Yesman, The Mouse: Leo's Fenders-The Pie, The Yesman, The Mouse | Toontown Rewritten Fansite

• Optimistic Optimistic x 1