1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Suggestion 3 Updates Toontown NEEDS That We Can All Agree On

Discussion in 'Main Forum' started by Roboburger, Mar 26, 2019.

1. Roboburger

Roboburger Gag Trainer

35%
    There are many updates to Toontown Rewritten that we all want, but as shown by the TTR staff, big changes are hard to come by. That's why I am requesting these 3 things we can all agree on that TTR can implement.

1. Restock SOS animation needs to be faster: You don't need to kiss every single toon. Either kiss one toon or kiss all at once or just make it faster. I have many a times chose to not use a restock SOS toon just because I know the 60 seconds that it takes to use one is probably going to slow us down more than just not having any sound gags. Same thing with the Cogs Miss and Toons Hit SOS.

2. Doodles should be easier to train: Seriously. Either increase the % chance of a trick working or increasing the rate that the doodle bar fills up. As they are now, doodles are almost completely useless. This is not a hard change to implement, but it would be nice to have doodles be more viable in the game.

3. Make golf courses harder: Golf courses suck in BBHQ because they are long with 0 challenge. The mini-golf restocking gags is useful to help reduce the time spent in there, but I feel like the toonup for completing golf or the mazes is way too much. The only healing on the golf courses should be toons using toonup. This will add just a little bit of variety in gag choices during the run and remove the overwhelming feeling on safety and boredom on back 9s.

If you read through this, comment and let me know what you think.

2. Sweetener
    Psychedelic

Sweetener Stuck in my glory days KTTA ATTA Supporter TTR Beta Tester

100%
    Toontown is meant to be a grind not super hard, so I’m not really sold on messing with the cgc’s cuz ik they’ll make it worse somehow LOL. Yeah I don’t think anyone would be against SOS using cane or juggle w/e instead of individually hitting a toon.

• Like Like x 2
  3. Sir McQuack
    No Mood

Sir McQuack Elite Toon KTTA ATTA Supporter TTR Beta Tester

100%
    Agreed. Whenever i use a Melody or a different restock, i don't like me and my team having to wait for the SOS toon to kiss each toon individually.

Training doodles is a pain in the butt and making macros and other 3rd party programs to automate the process bannable doesn't help in the slightest, so i agree with this as well.

I've only done Front Threes, but this is a interesting opinion. Sure, the difficulty increase would be nice, considering the game becoming easier since it's release in 2003 (if you don't know, back in 2003 the game was a bit harder) but in my opinion, the golf courses are fine as they are now.

Here's my own suggestion:
    Increased difficulty. Basically a option in the menu (or a district) which makes the game go to 2003 difficulty (i.e. losing a suit part when you go sad in the VP, buffing up the Sellbot Factory cogs) as well as increasing the difficulty on other things that weren't present in 2003.

Last edited: Mar 29, 2019
    • Like Like x 4
  4. Djcloud84
    Asleep

Djcloud84 Cog Crusher ATTA Supporter

35%
    golf courses, is something not to mess with tbh. maybe fix the maze cause its a cheap design, the golfing thing i actually like, its very different from the other bosses respective "grinding areas". Also, in my eyes Doodles are virtually useless. They do so little for loads of effort. And, sure sos stock could be made slower buttt..... I would rather wait a minute or two to get my gags, then have to wait a year for a new update. The TTR team has goals, and priorities and small things like that aren't worth their unpaid time. Rant over
    --- Double Post Merged, Mar 29, 2019, Original Post Date: Mar 29, 2019 ---
    I like that idea! I bet something already exists tho like someone remade the game, just harder.

• Like Like x 2
  5. Roran

Roran Gag Trainer ATTA Supporter

35%
    Agree on restock and doodles, hard pass on the golf courses. Those are already unbearable enough as they are without ramping the difficulty up.

6. Roboburger

Roboburger Gag Trainer

35%
    I don't think I was clear enough on the golf courses. I meant to get rid of the auto toonup for completing a maze/golf in the golf courses that's it. Not a major change, and to be honest, I only included it so I could say 3 things instead of 2. It wouldn't really add any difficulty; it would just add slightly more variety in gag choice.

7. That Soundless Horse
    No Mood

That Soundless Horse that pessimistic soundless horse TTR Beta Tester

100%
    cant even use macros anymore. the order the tricks are in change every time you open speedchat now. No normal person would ever max a doodle trick without a macro, even then, only jump beg and play dead are the only viable tricks if I recall.

I agree with all 3 points regardless

8. Sir McQuack
    No Mood

Sir McQuack Elite Toon KTTA ATTA Supporter TTR Beta Tester

100%
    Really? I've never noticed.

ahahahaha
    TTR: Releasing unfinished updates and making the game more tedious since 2013.