1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Alpha Key Contest!

Discussion in 'TTR Forums Alpha Giveaway' started by Chimney Sweep, Dec 11, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Chimney Sweep
    Energetic

Chimney Sweep Administrator TTR Beta Tester TTR Alpha Tester

Hey guys, I wish you all good luck on the contest! To enter, just click that button on the top right that says "Post New Thread" and write your backstory there! Blue Bear and I, Chimney Sweep, will be reading the threads you create. Remember, have fun with these! Be as creative as you possibly can!

[​IMG]
    • Like Like x 1
  2. Spaz
    Thinking

Spaz New Toon

• Like Like x 1
  3. Ivy
    Artistic

Ivy Active Toon

Student
    Good luck to everyone :)
    • Like Like x 1
  4. Digie McToon
    Breezy

Digie McToon New Toon

Does the shopkeeper have to be a real shopkeeper in the game? Cause I cant remember any.. And I just poseted my made up one D:
    • Like Like x 1
  5. Spaz
    Thinking

Spaz New Toon

Professor Pete, everyone knows this strange man as the Professor of Toontown central, but it was not always this way. Pete once lived in a small just outside of Toontown Central, his job as a dry cleaner was quickly failing. Maybe opening a shop outside of a town was not such a good idea... Toontown was a young city, with very few people. He knew Flippy because he periodically stopped by to see how the job was going. Pro- excuse me, Pete was extremely embarrassed to tell Flippy of his complete failure of a business that he would put some of his own clothes on the drying racks and switch the clothes around every time Flippy showed up. Pete was very low on jellybeans and he realized he could not keep this up. He really wanted to study cogs once he got out of Toonschool but he could not come up with the money to go to Tooncollege, he was also very interested in the creation of gags and knew that he was very low on cream pies, so he could not stay in this condition forever. On his lowest of days he decided to go beg Flippy for a job. He knew this would be pathetic, but it was his only choice. He came into the Toon Hall with legs as shaky as a sleeping fire hydrant and eyes nearly exploding with tears, just like a balloon fish explodes with water. He walked up to Flippy's room and started bawling when Flippy said hello. He threw the UFO beanie aside and begged Flippy from the bottom of his nearly sad heart and asked if he could 'pleeeease' have a job in Toontown Central. Flippy looked him in the eyes and said, "Pete... I know about your wants. I know of your secret want to live in a school house and study cogs and gags. I admire you, my friend. I, as the director of all that is toony, shall allow you to be the School House shopkeeper! You may not see it, but your powers in the Tooniverse are more powerful than you may realize, you can teach toons of your knowledge and maybe you can even go to college!" Pete, all teary-eyed nearly faints and thinks of all the toons and the knowledge he will be passing on. He feels something rising in him, he knows he is the one and only professor of Toontown and his sole duty is to get new toons through Toontown Central unscathed and with ease -cough- and make them give him food and drinks -cough-. He never told anyone of his secret want to live in a schoolhouse... no one knows how Flippy found that out...
    • Like Like x 1
  6. Dumbo520

Dumbo520 New Toon

Hello toons my name is iamf unny and I work in funny funny jokester club in toontown central. When I was a young toon I got my first gag, the squirting flower, and began squiring everyone in sight. Not long after I got my own joke book and I began reading jokes to my friends. My grandpa dog told me I should start a business just to make toons laugh. At the time I thought he was crazy until a life changing experience: while on the street I met a toon named Flippy who seemed down. I began trying to cheer him up by telling him jokes. Before long he was laughing and having a great time. He told me he was sad because of how nervous he was. He was planning on running for mayor in toontown central but was just to scared. I told him a few more jokes and then he went and tried for mayor. It was Flippy who helped me open my store and that is why I am the way I am. I like giving just for fun toon task like big heads because I love the giggles people get when they see big headed toons. In the end I am happy I make people laugh.
    • Like Like x 1
  7. Royal Blue Dog E

Royal Blue Dog E New Toon

Can you post more than one story?
    • Like Like x 1
  8. chump377

chump377 New Toon

Dentist Daniel owns a store in Toontown Central called All Smiles Tooth Repair. Daniel got into dentistry when he was a young bass. One day he was conversing with Flippy and found out that he has a cavity! Daniel raced into action and fixed Flippy teeth free of charge, and that's when Flippy forced Daniel to open his own store in Toontown Central. Ever since he has opened it business has been BOOMING! So come on down to All Smiles Tooth Repair! Call 1-800-Toontastic
    • Like Like x 1
  9. Steve Smith

Steve Smith New Toon

Thank you xD I <3 TT[DOUBLEPOST=1386824019,1386823985][/DOUBLEPOST]
    I wouldn't risk it xD
    • Like Like x 1
  10. Spike Poodlesnooker
    Spaced

Spike Poodlesnooker New Toon

@ People posting their stories in this thread, I believe you're supposed to make your own thread.

Thank you TTRForums staff for holding this Alpha Key event! Glad to see TTRForums growing! :D
    • Like Like x 3
  11. LaughingChocolate
    Amused

LaughingChocolate New Toon

Good luck everyone! Just posted mine ;)
    • Like Like x 1
  12. Noodles
    Cloud_9

Noodles New Toon

The Story of Clerk Clara how she came to be.

Clara was walking down the streets of Downtown Toontown, she passed the old gas station and through the back alley and saw a flyer taped to a wall, on the back of the gag shop, it said - JOB WANTED TOONTOWN CENTRAL GAG SHOP - Clara thought " What is Toontown central… eh who cares I have a good job at Toontown Fast food." Then decided to go back to her small studio apartment, she got out her Teleporter and stepped into her teleported and then arrived at her door, as she looked for her keys in her pocket, she noticed the same flyer on her door. She snatched it off the door and looked at it one more time and then, opened the door and threw it away, immediately after she got in her apartment. She turned on the T.V and a commercial came on it said " Do you like pies, do you want Toontown to be safe? Enlist in the Toontown Army, fight these COGS and help get Toontown safe from the cogs!" Then her favorite show came on "Exploring Toontown" this show was about going to small Toontown villages and towns and helping them with the cogs! It was a new episode Clara had never seen before. The program read - Today we visit the small town of Toontown Central - as she watched, she saw the gag shop, she saw all the nice Toons there! She walked over to the trash can and pulled out the flyer and said" I belong here, in Toontown Central." She walked over to her desk and she searched around in a pile of papers until she found The Trolley Schedule. She looked for the next Trolley headed to Mickeys Toontown Central, it was tomorrow morning at Six o'clock AM! She got into bed and set her alarm for 5:00 AM. " Ri-iiiiiiii-nnnn-ggg" her alarm goes off. She woke up, she got dressed and she ran too the Trolley, she bought her ticket for 40 JBS. She and 4 others boarded the Trolley. Clara fell asleep. She heard a harsh screeching sound, that was the sound of the Trolley stopping, she was forced awake. As her shoes stepped on to the pavement, she said " Wow." She LOVED it! There was a young blue kitten handing out green books with triangles on them. Clara took one and opened it up. It had a map, teleporting to other playground in this big section, there were COG HQ's, those did not exist in Downtown, its to populated, no cog would survive making an HQ down there. It was a small town, but Clara liked the small town better than her Big City. She was walking around, she found an amazing race track, she went in and met the people at HQ and she wandered into Toon Hall. In Toon Hall they had this wacky machine called the " Silly Meter." They're was some super nice scientists that told Clara all about the Silly Meter , how it was made and when it was made. They told Clara to go meet a nice blue dog, they called him the mayor of Toontown he was named Flippy. Flippy was so nice to her! Flippy showed her all around Toontown Central! When she mentioned that she came for a job, Flippy personally went to the gag shop and got Clara the job! Clara has been selling gags and working there ever since! She has loved it! She sometimes misses her big city life. She had her apartment sold to her younger brother " Silly lemon swirl" and Flippy and some of her new Toon friends, helped her go back and get all of her belongings! 4 years later, her dad Tom ( you may know him as Tutorial Tom ) moved down to Toontown Central! They are neighbors! Sometimes her brother will come visit her but she has not been back to Downtown Toontown ever since she moved away. She has loved her job and has been so happy ever since she first arrived in Toontown central, and she says " Ill never leave." Lets hope so, she was voted the best Gag Shop Clerk in Toontown history! Thats why they nicknamed her Clerk Clara! She is truly the best Clerk in Toontown!
    • Like Like x 1
  13. Eric Harrison

Eric Harrison New Toon

A long time ago, there was a toon named Flippy. He was just an average toon, living his life in Toontown. Until one fateful day. An unexpected force came down and rained all over Toontown. It was the cogs, corporate good-for-nothing robots designed to turn Toontown into a sad, corporate metropolis. He quickly ran to the nearest gag stand (they had no gag shops at the time) to get some gags and take down these cogs. He set out for Punchline Place, which had the most cogs. After taking down a few cogs with his many pies and squirt guns, he met a rabbit named Lil Oldman. They took down a few cogs together and eventually became friends. After all the cogs were defeated, (which took quite a while) Flippy and Lil Oldman became well-known celebrities. Everyone wanted Flippy to be their mayor and Lil Oldman to be a helpful toon. They accepted and formed the toon council.
    • Like Like x 1
  14. Obsidian
    Nerdy

Obsidian Active Toon TTR Alpha Tester

Colorguard
    As always, good luck to all other contenders. :)
    • Like Like x 2
  15. Midnight Thunder
    Artistic

Midnight Thunder New Toon

Good luck everyone! :)
    • Like Like x 1
  16. Chimney Sweep
    Energetic

Chimney Sweep Administrator TTR Beta Tester TTR Alpha Tester

Just a notice to everyone posting their stories in this thread, please move your post to it's own forum. If not, it will not be reviewed! Sorry for any inconvenience!
    • Like Like x 1
  17. Cutie Cat

Cutie Cat New Toon

"A Story of Four Toons"
    ~By Cutie Cat

"Logan! You're going to be late for school! Come on!" Pete tried his best to wake up one of his best friends. Pete, an aqua cat, was one of the most intelligent toons in his class, and his classmates would often wonder how he could ever be friends with someone like Logan. Logan wasn't punctual in the least, and he didn't do very well in class because he confused it with nap time. Even though the slate blue rabbit wasn't nearly as smart as Pete, he was fun to be with. Pete loved being with toons like that.

"Come on, Logan. Do you really want Professor Bubble to give you detention again?" Clark, a blue dog, chimed in. Clark was another one of Pete's best friends. He was mostly an average student. He didn't exactly fail the class, but he didn't exceed with flying colors either. Clark, before he'd befriended Logan, had hated him. Even though Pete wasn't smart like Pete he was still very popular among the other students. He'd always wished he could be like that, but then he got to know Logan and came to actually think of him as a friend.

"Logan!" Clara impatiently shook him, "Let's get a move on!" Clara, a red rabbit, took her grades very seriously, and being late for school wasn't one of the events on her well-planned agenda. Clara dreamed of someday being a clerk. She knew that cogs thought they were superior to toons, and she wanted to help other toons to change that. Clara, of course, kept these dreams to herself until she'd met Clark, Pete, and Logan.

"Oh... guys." Logan slowly sat up in bed. "You know... I'm a little too tired to go right now. Maybe I'll come later," he said.

"Clark, you grab his legs, I've got his arms. Pete, you get out the teleporter." Clara commanded.

Clark and Pete had already grown accustomed to this routine, but Logan decided to try something different today. Instead of peacefully allowing his friends to take him to school, he kicked and struggled as much as he could with his low supply of energy. "Really, dude - you need new tactics," Clark said as he chuckled."

"Okay. The teleporter's ready. Let's go." The toons hopped into the teleporter and arrived at school a couple of seconds later. "I think if we run fast enough, we may be able to reach class before the bell rings." Clark told them. In a split second, they were dashing to class, and when they arrived, Clara and Clark dumped Logan into his seat and sat near him with Pete.

"Really, Logan. This is getting old. I believe you should be able to get to class without the help of your f-" The bell cut off Professor Bubble's comment.

"Well, you know what they say - rescued by the bell," Logan said, feeling proud of his remark.

"Do you mean saved by the bell?" Pete corrected.

"Eh. Same difference," Logan shrugged, blushing. His friends burst out laughing, and Professor Bubble sent them a death glare.

"So Logan," Professor Bubble said harshly, "Do you know what the highest gag is on the throw track? I'm sure you do since you feel you can sleep in on a school day."

"Uh. I'll take a guess and say.. um... the cupcake?" Logan shrugged.

"Maybe if you'd pay attention in class, you'd know that the correct answer would be the birthday cake. The birthday cake, after it's been trained properly, does the maximum damage of 100 to a single cog." Professor Bubble explained. "While the cupcake, Logan's answer, does a maximum damage of 6 to a single cog." While the rest of the class was taking notes, Pete raised his hand.

"Yes, Pete?"

"I've been doing some research recently, and I've discovered that the birthday cake is not the highest throw gag of the throw track. The same goes for the other tracks. There are level seven gags that have not yet been-"

Professor Bubble cut him off with a loud, genuine, sincere laugh. "You've become quite the joker now, Pete!"

"No, I'm serious actually," Pete replied with a shy smile, "I believe-"

"You believe nothing. The highest gag on the throw track is the birthday cake, and if you can't accept that, I would appreciate your withdrawing from this school. Are we understood?"

"...Yes sir," Pete replied in defeat.

His friends glanced at him with concern. "Are you alright, Pete?" Logan asked.

Pete nodded. "It was a stupid idea anyway-"

"No it wasn't. And we're going to prove that it wasn't right after school." Logan answered.

"We are sorry to interrupt class. School will be closing early today. Students are now dismissed." A voice informed them over the intercom.

"They've got to be kidding! Is this some kind of joke?!" Professor Bubble exclaimed. His students didn't really mind his reaction to the news. They were just excited to get out of school early for once.

Clark, Clara, Pete, and Logan exited the school only to see a giant crowd gathered in front of Toon Hall. "I wonder what's going on," Clark murmured. "We should go check it out. Maybe there's a clue to why school closed early."

"I am a little curious..." Clara admitted.

"What do you say, Pete?" Clark asked.

"I say, let's go."

"Three against one, Logan. Majority rules!" Clark did a fist pump of victory.

"Whatever," Logan said as he rolled his eyes.

The group of friends drew nearer to the crowd and could see a short, green toon trying to calm everyone down. "Look, we realize that Flippy has been kidnapped by cogs. We are doing the best that we can to get him back. If we panic, we'll be giving the cogs what they want. We're sending our best toons on the job. Flippy will be back in a matter of days! There's no need to worry! Have a toontastic day!"

"FLIPPY'S BEEN KIDNAPPED?!!" Clara shrieked.

"That's a bummer. He was a pretty cool guy," Clark frowned.

"It's rather unfortunate." Pete agreed.

"Rather unfortunate? Bummer? Don't you guys see?! This is Pete's chance to prove he was right about there being a seventh gag on the gag tracks!" Logan turned to Pete. "You need to tell us about you've found out so far."

"We'll need to go somewhere more private. If we talk about it here, other toons will think we've gone crazy."

"You're right. Let's go to my house." Logan already had his shticker book open and his teleporter ready.

When they got to his house, they gathered in his living room. "So what have you been researching?" Clara questioned.

"Well, I noticed that when toons are picking gags, there is a seventh circle where it looks like a seventh gag is supposed to be. I don't think anyone has ever noticed it until now. I think that there should be a way to unlock the seventh gag. So far I have discovered to unlock the seventh gag, we need to something that is extremely strong."

"We can't hire a professional wrestler if that's what you're implying, Pete. I don't have that many jellybeans..." rambled Logan.

"No. I mean a strong emotion. A strong feeling. I'm just not sure. I think with the seventh gag, we should be able to rescue Flippy, but as we stand now, we really don't have a chance. The cogs aren't complete idiots. They probably have the strongest cogs guarding Flippy." Pete answered.

"Why on earth would they guard Flippy?" Clark asked.

"So that we can't rescue him," Clara replied, annoyed.

"We should save Flippy," Logan said.

"Did you not hear a word I just said? We can't." Pete declared.

"Pete," Logan said his name so quietly, it could have been mistaken for a murmur. "If you'd like to know, Pete, then no, I didn't hear a word you just said because quitting before you start is just another form of losing. We have to try." Logan replied.

"When did you get so wise? Or is this a result of watching too many movies on Saturday night?" Clark chuckled.

"It may be a little bit of both. So Pete, where's Flippy being held?" Logan asked.

"Bossbot Headquarters," Pete replied. "Hold on, Logan! Where are you going?" Pete asked.

"I'm going to save Flippy. You're all welcome to come with me, though." Logan replied.

"Logan, please be reasonable. We're only students. We haven't even worked our way up to level six gags yet!" Clark pleaded.

"Clark, I'm leaving now. Are you guys coming or not?" Logan asked.

Reluctantly, his friends followed him as he got his teleporter ready.

"Ready guys?" Logan asked.

"Wait. To be able to teleport to somewhere, you have to have already been there first. How do you have a teleporter to Bossbot Headquarters?" Clara asked.

"Well, remember that time we took a field trip to Donald's Dock?" Logan asked.

"Yeah.."

"I may or may not have explored a little bit," Logan winked. "So, are you all ready?"

"Yeah," they said in unison. When they jumped into the teleporter, they arrived somewhere that they knew wasn't originally apart of toontown. The floor was covered with gray, dull sand. All that were left of the trees were dead branches, and in front of them was a large castle that seemed to be falling apart. Logan took a deep breath. "Okay, let's go."

They opened the door as quietly as they could and snuck past security cogs. "Where should we go?" Clara whispered.

Logan pointed at a door at the end of the corridor. "That way."

The room on the other side of the door, they discovered, was something of a lounge for cogs. Of course, that meant everything in the room was colored gray or dark gray. The toons hid behind a chair and listened in on the cogs' conversation.

"Have you seen that toon that the C.E.O. plans to keep for ransom?" A Big Cheese asked.

"I have. He's just a scrawny little dog. I hear the C.E.O. is keeping his on the top floor of the castle."

"Yes. The C.E.O. thinks that if the toons find out that dog is gone, they will be willing to hand over Toontown to us and allow us to do as we like with it." A Flunky confirmed.

"He is being guarded by Version 2.0. cogs. I hear they have two lives. No toon would be able to defeat those. Not even with their birthday cakes!" A Downsizer said.

"Let's go back to the cog building on Punchline Place. I hear it has more gray vaults than any other buildings."

"Let's go." A Big Cheese commanded.

When the toons heard the cogs leave, the got out of their hiding place. "Did you hear what that? Version 2.0. cogs. They're really serious this time," Clara observed.

"Yes. But we won't let them take over Toontown!" Logan replied.

"Shh! Keep your voice down!" Pete whispered loudly.

"Okay so how do we get to the top floor?" Clark whispered.

"My friend, that's what elevators are for," Logan smirked. They hopped in the elevator, and Pete, after a short hesitation, selected the highest floor of the castle - floor twelve. The whole idea was eerie to him because he knew that if he and his friends were to fail, Professor Bubble would see to it that they'd forever be remembered as horrible, idiotic toons.

A relaxing song played as the elevator rose to floor twelve, and Logan, despite the situation, snapped his fingers to the beat. Just as the cogs had said, four version 2.0. cogs stood in front of an vault that was imprisoning Flippy.

"Don't worry Flippy! We'll save you!" Logan screamed. The cogs moved towards them, and they forced into battle. The toons decided to use sound so that they could affect all cogs at the same time, but it was hopeless. Their bicycle horns all missed, and when it was the cogs turn, they were all left with one laff point left.

"Pete, you said that the level seven gag could be unlocked with something strong," Logan recalled.

"Yeah. So what?"

Logan held out a small cupcake, his last one, and said, "So there is no stronger emotion than the will to protect Toontown." His cupcake glowed in his hand. "As toons, we are entrusted with the task of protecting Toontown from destruction." His cupcake glowed even brighter, and he let go of it, but it still floated in the air. It was glowing as bright as the sun now, and it was visibly becoming something else. When the glow wore off, they discovered that Logan's small cupcake had become a beautiful wedding cake, and his laff had been restored. Without hesitation, he threw the wedding cake at the cogs and they all exploded.

"Now all that's left is to free Flippy," said Logan. "You guys, I think you know what to do."

Clark, Clara, and Pete held out their banana peels, and they transformed into sticks of dynamite. They threw the sticks of dynamite at the vault, and a stunned Flippy came out of the vault. He almost couldn't believe his eyes. Three mere student toons had saved his life and Toontown. "Thank you, toons. You've rescued me and saved Toontown. For your kindness and pureness of heart, you will be rewarded greatly."

"But first," Flippy winked as he got his teleporter out, "let's go back to Toontown Central."

When they all arrived in Toontown Central. Flippy made a speech in front of the same crowd that had been panicking. "Fellow toons, I would like you to know that I am safe and sound." The crowd murmured with excitement. "Before we celebrate, I would like to call up Logan, Clara, Clark, and Pete."If it weren't for these toons, Toontown would have been taken over by cogs. They rescued me and saved Toontown. Pete had a theory that there was a seventh gag on the gag tracks, and he was right. Actually, it was these Level 7 gags that were used to save me. Clara, although a bit doubtful of the whole thing at first, believed in Pete as well as Clark. Logan here, he never gave up. Whenever his friends felt like quitting, like they were going to lose, he said 'no'. And that no is why I am here right now." The crowd applauded them and whistled, but Professor Bubble stood expressionless.

"First," Flippy continued. "I'd like to give Clara and Clark positions as a clerks in Donald''s Dreamland."

"Flippy, we'd rather work as a clerks here in Toontown Central and assist new toons instead of experienced ones."

"Granted," Flippy agreed. "Pete, I'd like to make you a professor at the School House!"

"What?!?!" Professor Bubble exclaimed.

"Real professors don't laugh at a student's theory, Mr. Bubble," Flippy scolded.

"As for Logan, I'd like to make him a shopkeeper in a playground of his choice."

"It's way too hot in Toontown Central. I want to work in the Brrrgh!" Logan said.

Flippy chuckled, "Granted."

"Thank you, Flippy," Logan and his friends said in unison.

"You know, you were acting so wise back there, we should call you Lil Oldman!" Clara giggled. The audience laughed as well.

"Tell you what - I actually like that name!" Logan grinned.

"Toons, I'd like to present Clerk Clara, Clerk Clark, Professor Pete, and last but not least - Lil Oldman!"
    • Like Like x 2
  18. Princess Hulagadget
    Cloud_9

Princess Hulagadget Active Toon TTR Alpha Tester

Having fun
    When is our story do? 12pm TTRT? (3pm EST) Or 2pm TTRT? (5pm EST)
    • Like Like x 1
  19. Rapid
    Pensive

Rapid New Toon

Are you allowed to write it in screenplay/stageplay format?
    • Like Like x 1
  20. Lady Lemondrop

Lady Lemondrop New Toon

Aight. Well. Dentist Daniel owns a store in Toontown Central called All Smiles Tooth Repair. Ever since he was a young Toon, he wanted to have a job that made his name see cool. Like "Dumpster Diver Daniel." Which only makes his name seem cool because it started with a "D," but our dear Daniel didn't care! As he grew up, he had a list of every word that started with "D" to make his name cool. He walked around and tried to see what would speak to him. He kept jumping up and down to see if he could get closer to God so he could hear what He was trying to tell him. He even tried to fly off of trees... When he broke his leg, he realized that "Doctor Daniel" was definitely not gonna happen. Then one day, he had to get braces. He looked REALLY ugly, to be honest. I mean, everyone did, but still. It was pretty embarrassing. At that point, he decided to be... a dancer. But he broke his leg again, so that didn't really work out either. When he went to college, he found out that there was a shortage of dentists. Being such a smart guy with money, he spent $250,000 on dentistry school... And got hired for a job for $2,000 a year. YAY!
    • Like Like x 1

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.