1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Am I high enough to VP?

Discussion in 'Main Forum' started by Bubblegum, Dec 26, 2017.

1. Bubblegum

Bubblegum Guest

Hi Toons! I want to know if I'm high enough to VP yet. Here are my gags:
    Throw: Wedding Cake
    Squirt: Storm Cloud
    Toon Up: Pixie Dust
    Lure: Hypno Goggles
    Trap: Trapless
    Sound: Elephant Trunk
    Drop: Sandbag (I just got it)

• Creative Creative x 1
  2. KittyKatz
    Artistic

KittyKatz Cog Crusher
    KTTA TTR Beta Tester

35%
    You sound high enough to me.

3. MoonLightRiver
    Sleepy

MoonLightRiver Elite Toon
    TTR Beta Tester

100%
    Decent imo

4. BarkBark
    Breezy

BarkBark Cog Crusher

85%
    I think being a team player is one of the biggest things for having a successful VP. The mere fact that you want to know if you'll do well means you'll do well.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Um.. No. Sorry but you need to have foghorn first! Not acceptable if not. I only invite the toons with good gags, sorry! Everything else seems to be mediocre though.

6. Detrevni
    Fine

Detrevni Elite Toon ATTA Supporter TTR Beta Tester

100%
    Should be OK for the VP

7. Prof. Flapjack
    Energetic

Prof. Flapjack Elite Toon
    ATTA Supporter TTR Beta Tester

100%
    Its sad, but a lot of people won't take you unless you don't have max sound. Don't let that stop you, there are endless strategies on how to play with low sound or no sound, and people refuse to learn them because, in reality, sound is OP, and the battles are slower without sound. If it really puts your gameplay experience to a halt, then you should just get sound out of the way and max it or get close to it. It shouldn't take long.

Your gags are actually above average for what you typically see in the VP waiting room (in my opinion.).

Good luck!

not to be rude but this is what is wrong with any cog battle, the requirement of SOUND in cog battles is like a plague.

if you are a person that only uses sound or mostly know only sound strategy, then theres no way you can actually be good at the game. you are going to have a huge problem when you have a team without sound, or run out of sound, you are going to be so confused and going to have to google "which gag fights who" and struggle to keep it on half gag chart half battle in all 20 seconds.

• Like Like x 4
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 2
  8. BarkBark
    Breezy

BarkBark Cog Crusher

85%
    You'll find kind people who will do runs with you without maxed sound. I did VP when I didn't even have sound yet. Sound is not necessary to have a good experience, all it does is speed up the game. If you ever can't find a group message me and we can meet up sometime. That said, there are plenty of people who don't mind, and have the same mindset as me and Prof. Flapjack.

• Like Like x 5
  9. That Soundless Horse
    No Mood

That Soundless Horse that pessimistic soundless horse TTR Beta Tester

100%
    Drop, Trap, Lure, and Toonup are pretty much irrelevant when going to vp, people pay attention to 3 tracks, and usually if Sound plus 1 other is max, it's an instant invite.
    Basically just max up sound and instant invite
    (Yes, drop and trap can be used to deal with the starting 12, but it isn't needed. Isn't that hard to swap out for cake and creams with a bill)

• Like Like x 2
  10. Tooner12345
    Amused

Tooner12345 Gag Trainer TTR Beta Tester

35%
    If you think you can survive a VP with 8 exact copies of your toon you are ready to VP.

• Like Like x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  11. King T
    Daring

King T Elite Toon TTR Beta Tester

100%

if someone wants a fast run (which is the vast majority), they're going to prioritize people with max sound

nothing wrong with that

OP qualifies for the VP, for sure, but their invite potential will greatly increase by maxing sound

• Like Like x 1
  12. Prof. Flapjack
    Energetic

Prof. Flapjack Elite Toon
    ATTA Supporter TTR Beta Tester

100%
    Yeah that's true, but in VPs almost always when there are low levels and 1 or 2 high cogs (level 12), people don't know what to do so everyone just uses fog just for those level 12s. It's really annoying and wasteful. I'm not sure if this is a common occurrence in higher cog bosses, (skill gap) as i'm a low level cog suit in all of them except sellbot.

• Like Like x 1
  13. Sir McQuack
    No Mood

Sir McQuack Elite Toon KTTA ATTA Supporter TTR Beta Tester

100%
    I would say you're ready since VP is a laughable boss.

However, if you got the time, try to train up squirt and sound. You don't have to train up sound if you're only gonna do vp, but when you get to cashbot, you should. Squirt level 7 helps when you need a quick lv 7 to use when your team is hurt or you have no good gags left.

Last edited by a Resistance Ranger: Jan 21, 2018
    • Like Like x 2
  14. Flint Hucklezilla
    Cool

Flint Hucklezilla New Toon

40%
    As I see, your gags are perfectly fine for a successful VP. It probably wouldn’t be a bad idea to max your elephant, but you should be perfectly fine to VP.

• Like Like x 1
  15. Doctor Lollipop McScooter
    Cheerful

Doctor Lollipop McScooter Gag Trainer

50%
    I have elephant trunk for sound, brand new birthday cake and storm cloud, and the third lure gag available. I have 46 laff points as well. I have been doing VPs just fine with that. Yes some toons are nicer than others and do invite the smaller toons. However, there have been plenty of times I have been left behind too!

16. I my password lel but thats my post and lemme update my gags: maxed everything!!!