1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Annoying Elitist Toons

Discussion in 'Main Forum' started by firebunnyboo, May 28, 2018.

?

Are these people annoying?

1. Yes

20 vote(s)
    71.4%
  2. No

8 vote(s)
    28.6%
  1. firebunnyboo
    Mellow

firebunnyboo Cog Crusher

10%
    The worst kinds of toons I can ever meet, elitist toons
    Here is a description that any of them will fit:
    • Wears at least one of these
    - Square glasses
    - Feather tether
    - Striped shirt
    - Black shorts
    - Heart antennae
    - Sword on back
    - No shoes
    • Has some edgy, deep, "meaningful" name
    • Usually a cat/black cat, duck, or dog. Can be any species but most commonly those
    • Ignores people when they are talked to
    • Has 4 maxed toons
    • Cannot live without toon multi-controller
    • Almost always will have different colored legs from their body and/or big legs
    • Common in these toon colors
    - Blues, mostly dark shades
    - Cream
    - Black
    - Maroon
    - Light brown

• Is superior to everybody that is lower laff than them
    • When somebody makes any sort of mistake, even small mistakes, they will get very mad and scold you for it. Ex: Using a gag you weren't supposed to, then they will spam question marks, use the angry emotion, or say "really?" "umm..." "....."
    • Hates inviting lower toons to cog bosses
    • Has (a) toon(s) that are throwless or squirtless (or both)
    • Always uses speedchat to answer questions, or they will type with very good grammar and punctuation
    • Commonly toonupless, maxes gags at a low laff
    Anyway, there are probably way more things I could say about them. But these are the most common

• Funny x 5
    • Disagree x 3
    • Like x 1
    • Useful x 1
    • Optimistic x 1
  2. Adorkable Mousie
    Innocent

Adorkable Mousie Cute Adorkable Toon :D TTR Beta Tester

100%
    Alot of these characteristics kinda fit me well, though I don't really consider myself elitist at least compared to others lol, but do have certain expectations depending on the boss/area. I've responded to each of your points below to how it fits me lol.

Here's Mousie in a typical elitist outfit for funsies lol

[​IMG]

• Funny Funny x 3
  3. FantariaTempesta
    Pensive

FantariaTempesta Forever Tumbling Down (x3) ATTA Supporter TTR Beta Tester

100%
    Exactly why I stopped playing. "I'm better than you because [insert garbage reason here]".
    It's just not worth it to argue or play with these annoying hack frauds who feel they're superior in a children's babby game.

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  4. Loveless
    Cold

Loveless Stuck in my glory days KTTA ATTA Supporter TTR Beta Tester

100%
  5. Sanjaya
    Spaced

Sanjaya very distressed eggplant
    ATTA Supporter TTR Beta Tester

100%
    hi there. my toons are Sanjaya, Santana, and Sankara. Sanjaya is fully maxed (137), Santana is 125, and Sankara is 120.

all of my toons have swords on their backs, don't wear shoes, have square glasses, and usually have a flippy or striped shirt from MML/TTC. i wear them because that's what i like to put my toons in. there's not many "cool" clothing styles in toontown so my options are pretty limited.

i run multi-toon a lot, but that's more of a luxury. i usually run by myself to get suit promos and train. i'm not very social and it's just easier for me, however if someone wants to tag along i usually have no objections.

i never ignore someone when i'm being talked to. i don't get talked to often, so when i am i always jump on that opportunity. i'm not one to make small talk but if someone wants to ask me a question or just wants to say hi, i'll say hi back. :)

just about all of my toons have different coloured legs, but again, that's a preference. none of my toon's names are "deep" or "edgy". they're just names i like the meanings of.

i personally don't feel like i'm superior to anyone. we all start at 15 laff and we all face the same tasks and training. being a higher laff doesn't make me any better than the 63 laffer next to me. i'm just farther along in the game.

believe it or not, i make mistakes too. it's part of being human. toontown is a game for fun. the strategy in it isn't that difficult, though it takes a little time to learn all of it. if someone makes a mistake, and we take hits, i don't say anything negative. i usually don't say anything at all. i don't get annoyed. i usually laugh, actually. we'll heal and try again. no big deal at all.

i often bring little toons into VPs. now, i don't typically take a 25 laffer with cream pie slice and squirt gun, but i will take toons in their 50s-60s provided the group has a few other higher/stronger toons to balance it out.

i do have a squirtless toon, but i'm pretty new to that realm of gagless. i've been playing for over 12 years and i was always kind of a purest, but i wanted to try something new.

as you can see, my grammar and punctuation aren't the best. i do usually use speedchat to reply, but that's because it comes off as nicer and happier than "ty", "yw", and so on.

i usually max my toons' gags at a lower laff, and that's really just to prepare them for the bosses, and to also get the training out of the way because, frankly, i hate training. :p

toonupless is my favourite setup, but i don't have a proper toonupless anymore (gave it away). my main toons right now are dropless, lureless, and soundless.

--
    not all toons who look the part are elitists. i like to think i'm one of the nicer high toons. just because i stylize my toons stereotypically, doesn't mean i am stereotypical. :)

if you ever see my toons, feel free to say hi. my real name is Alex. :)

[​IMG]

Last edited: May 28, 2018
    • Like Like x 4
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  6. Miniapollo17
    Cold

Miniapollo17 Social Media Team Cast Member Social Media Mini Mod

100%
    I'll give you a like for being brave enough to post this :p

That's a bit too subjective for a stereotype.

This is a "style" that bugs me so much tbh ;-; Like obviously it's your toon and I'm not trying to dictate what you wear but I rarely think it looks good on a toon (Some manage to pull it off, but otherwise it's basically the "socks and sandals" of TTR :p )

Especially when at worst you add a few minutes tops to your battle (Any more time wasted than that and I'd start checking if you're with a greener tbh). Sure I understand getting annoyed with mess ups in like a back 9 but expecting perfection on every run is a bit extreme. It's why whenever I play TTR I just go with my friends because then you're also focused on chatting with the people you're going in with instead of "I'm just here for my pointz don't interact with me plz"

TL;DR: Some toons need one of these:
    upload_2018-5-29_0-2-51.jpeg

Last edited: May 28, 2018
    • Like Like x 3
  7. Teeth

Teeth Elite Toon TTR Beta Tester

100%
    xdxdxdxdxdxdxdxdxdxdxdxdxdxdxdxdxdxdxdxdxdxdxdxdxdxd

8. Petallities
    Aggressive

Petallities The One Teen With Issues™ KTTA TTR Beta Tester

100%
    Pff- This is so true.

My cream cat named Taco's signature look is a feather tether and a sword, with a striped shirt just cause I thought it looked great.
    I do have a squirtless. :p
    I'm a grammarholic, it's something I do for no reason. Kinda like a habit.
    I don't consider myself superior to others. I usually keep it all equal.
    I do sometimes ignore people just cause I'm somewhat anti-social. But I will talk if I'm in a good mood.
    I love inviting lower toons to cog bosses. They need to learn one way or another.

I'll give you props for this post though, this is ridiculously true.

9. QLM1717
    Cheerful

QLM1717 Elite Toon KTTA TTR Beta Tester

100%
    Darn I have three of those. I'm a cat (because they're my favorite animal), sword on back because it goes well with the rest of my outfit in my opinion (tried dragon wings but it goes into the dino head I use), and I'm blue (but light)

10. Whens Dinner
    Question

Whens Dinner Elite Toon

100%
    lol Omg totally doing this for myself now
    --- Double Post Merged, May 30, 2018, Original Post Date: May 30, 2018 ---
    Here is a description that any of them will fit:
    • Wears at least one of these
    - Square glasses: Lol yes, totally me.
    - Feather tether: Nope!
    - Striped shirt: Nope!
    - Black shorts: Not Black but, dark colored, probably counts
    - Heart antennae: Nawh
    - Sword on back: Haha almost always!
    - No shoes: Really? I feel like this is much more common to non-elitist toons. I've got shoes :p

upload_2018-5-30_10-55-41.png

• Has some edgy, deep, "meaningful" name: Yep. Ghost of Dinners past has two meanings, one, the plain meaning which is all of the former meals you've eaten, is what you become. You're the ghost of your past meals. The second one is, (which is why he's blue) he's the ghost of my original TTO pig, the ghost of the pig I lost when TTO closed, leading my new pig through his many adventures on the town.
    • Usually a cat/black cat, duck, or dog. Can be any species but most commonly those: Hehe Pig Nation!
    • Ignores people when they are talked to: Not me, generally as talkative as I can be!
    • Has 4 maxed toons: Just two :3 on TTO, none on TTR yet!
    • Cannot live without toon multi-controller: Accurate.
    • Almost always will have different colored legs from their body and/or big legs: O_O no no no no no no no no. I can't do these to my own toons. Some toons really do it well but I'm not a fashionista and I can't pull it off ;)
    • Common in these toon colors
    - Blues, mostly dark shades: Caught me!
    - Cream
    - Black
    - Maroon
    - Light brown: Literally my other toon XD

• Is superior to everybody that is lower laff than them: Nawh, superiority isn't laff/gags its ability to always pick the right gag in the situation.
    • When somebody makes any sort of mistake, even small mistakes, they will get very mad and scold you for it. Ex: Using a gag you weren't supposed to, then they will spam question marks, use the angry emotion, or say "really?" "umm..." ".....": Guilty if it's really bad, usually don't have the energy to critique but to friends, I usually will question a gag choice and help my friends become better players. I expect/welcome them to do the same to me!
    • Hates inviting lower toons to cog bosses: Not me :) I love taking lower toons. Makes it a fun challenge! I actually am really terrible towards maxed Hollywoods in SBHQ. I wont take them unless I know them because of the SoS Shopping epidemic!
    • Has (a) toon(s) that are throwless or squirtless (or both): I think its a neat idea but tbh it drives me nuts. I will never not take a toon for lacking a gag track but I mean... technically you have throw and squirt you just choose not to... to each their own! I still bring them with me no questions asked.
    • Always uses speedchat to answer questions, or they will type with very good grammar and punctuation: Pretty good grammar I guess
    • Commonly toonupless, maxes gags at a low laff: Totally toonupless, and maxed gags early XD
    Anyway, there are probably way more things I could say about them. But these are the most common

I'm probably an elitist toon, to some extent. I consider myself to be good at the game, and sometimes when I'm in a hurry I can be a stickler on gags or just stick to my friends who I know can do it right - but most days aren't like that and I just enjoy hanging out with new people and enjoying a little time around the town.

Last edited: May 30, 2018
    • Like Like x 4
  11. Czarcasm
    Spaced

Czarcasm Elite Toon ATTA Supporter

100%
    I just play to have a good time and I'm honestly feeling so attacked right now

• Like Like x 2
    • Useful Useful x 1
  12. Cheyenne Sweet
    Bashful

Cheyenne Sweet Gag Trainer

60%
    Oh, gosh, some of these sound kind of like me, but I don't personally consider myself an elitist. (The good news is that I definitely don't dress the part, at least!) I do often use SpeedChat to answer questions, but that's because it's convenient. I also try my best to type with good grammar and punctuation, but I'm just a nerd. :p I don't think that necessarily makes me better than anybody else.

I try to include lower laffs when I can, but weirdly, some people actually assume that I don't them to come on a run because I'm a higher laff or whatever. Once I was in a shopping group with other Hollywoods, and a lower laff toon said, "I guess we're not invited cuz you're all Hollywoods, right??" So I was like, "Well, if you want to shop, you're welcome to come." In that case, a person was assuming that I was an elitist because I had a certain suit, but if they'd just asked, they would have seen that I wasn't.

Also, I will say that I've been guilty of "ignoring" people when they talk to me, but that's not because I'm trying to be rude, I promise. Full disclosure: I'm actually on the autism spectrum, which means I can be a bit socially awkward and am a little bit afraid of people! Sometimes I won't respond because I don't know what I should say, or because I don't understand a joke you're making and I don't want to look like an idiot by asking for clarification. Sometimes I also won't respond because I'm unsure if a comment was intended for me or for someone else, and I'm afraid I'll make it awkward if I reply to a comment meant for another person. Can these moments of social awkwardness make me look like an elitist? I'm sure they can. But I think that's why it's important to try not to make assumptions; the truth is that we don't always know what people's intentions are or why they act the way they do.

Now, of course, I have met real elitists and I do find them very annoying. :p They definitely exist! My point is that some people may come across as elitists without meaning or wanting to, and sometimes it can be helpful to give them the benefit of the doubt. If you see me around and I appear to ignore you, please don't take it personally! I do try to respond to people, but I'm not super chatty and sometimes my awkwardness gets in the way! I'm not trying to come across as a jerk, I promise!

I completely agree! This is the point that I was trying to make. :) Sometimes people have other reasons for doing certain things.

Last edited: Jun 1, 2018
    • Like Like x 1
  13. Fleashu
    Sweettooth

Fleashu Gag Trainer

10%
    My mouse needs dress up because those are cute as heck.
    --- Double Post Merged, Jun 3, 2018, Original Post Date: Jun 3, 2018 ---
    This is really stupid but can you tell me where you got these clothes? Lol

• Optimistic Optimistic x 2
  14. Teeth

Teeth Elite Toon TTR Beta Tester

100%
    square glasses is catalog in september, sword is halloween, firehat was a couple months ago, floppy shirts are random in catalogs, square buckle/daisy skirt appears in a specific catalog number and the bows are likely from toonfest which is september sometime

• Useful Useful x 3
  15. Sanjaya
    Spaced

Sanjaya very distressed eggplant

100%
    not stupid! most of it is from the cattlelog. the glasses and sword come out later in the year, the fire hat comes with the march stuff i think, the shorts come in the western series and her skirt comes in series 7. the flippy shirts are cattelog only and come randomly so i got those from friends or just being lucky. the bows are from toonfest.

Last edited: Jun 4, 2018
  16. Fleashu
    Sweettooth

Fleashu Gag Trainer

10%
    thank you

17. Prof. Lucky

Prof. Lucky Gag Trainer TTR Beta Tester

60%
    I found 2 pretty nice toons who did some DA offices with me who basically only used speedchat :p. These are a rarity.

18. Cheyenne Sweet
    Bashful

Cheyenne Sweet Gag Trainer

60%
    I don't even know where this stereotype started. I don't think I've ever met any exceptionally rude toons who only use SpeedChat... In fact, I find that it's usually the nicer players who use it, probably because they're usually older adults.

• Like Like x 2
  19. Sir McQuack
    No Mood

Sir McQuack Elite Toon KTTA ATTA Supporter TTR Beta Tester

100%
    some kid ""roasted"" me in a vp when i was like 60-70 laff and was streaming back in 2016 (?)
    when he asked me how many followers i have i said "23" and then he said "that's good"
    the others agree with him
    then he said "because then nobody will see your gags"
    then the others started going "oooohhh" like some kind of sick burn except it wasnt at all
    then i said "shut up" and they went quiet
    the end

it was probably one of those ""elitists"" idk

20. twinkleberry
    Cheerful

twinkleberry Elite Toon

100%
    lowkey me