1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Annoying Elitist Toons

Discussion in 'Main Forum' started by firebunnyboo, May 28, 2018.

?

Are these people annoying?

1. Yes

20 vote(s)
    71.4%
  2. No

8 vote(s)
    28.6%
  1. Rollie209
    Cool

Rollie209 Elite Toon KTTA ATTA Supporter TTR Beta Tester

100%
    XD I'm with the edgy name part. There was this one toon who barely got his suit and this one cat called "Dying Hope" was picking on him every time he used a gag. He chose a drop gag first and then she used lure at the last second. Then she was like: uhh what was the point of that? He kept on apologizing to her every time he made a gag choice and then I just got tired of it and I was like: Your depressed behind needs to be quiet and let him enjoy the game. Then she stayed quiet for the rest of the VP

Last edited: Jun 15, 2018
  2. That Soundless Horse
    No Mood

That Soundless Horse that pessimistic soundless horse TTR Beta Tester

100%
    I feel personally attacked
    0/7 on that one, I rock the amazing sound outfit, oxfords,
    Let's see
    Silent Neigh:
    don't think thats edgy, isn't really that deep, and isn't meaningful, just a pun from a song lol
    What about Royal Blue Horse? #HorseRepresent!
    I'm usually doing 3 things at once on tt, so it isn't usually ignoring if I'm talked to, but really depends on situation.
    lol im not spending 99 hours on golfing fishing gardening and uh racing
    I'm soundless, you think I can get groups on my own, lol no I wouldn't be soundless if I couldn't use a multi-controller.
    on the final two, I rock royal blue on all my characters except one thats toonfest blue.
    subjective, but I usually assume I'm the one who knows most about soundless strategies when I'm the only soundless in run, isn't anything personal, I took the time to learn them when I went soundless lul
    depends on mood, most of the times I'll just go "we didn't need the extra fog, no big deal, just don't forget next time) or something like that, if im mad i'll go "ok" lol
    one is tuless/lureless, and I use speedchat to answer questions because i'm nostalgic lol, I don't care about grammar and punctuation playing a game that's built for 10 yearolds, but I try to make it legible (don't really care if they don't use the right version of your, etc)
    man i only hit 1/2 on that one, I'm off on my elitist game today :(

but hey elitists aren't really a big deal imo, if they exist all they can do is go ? or spam "...." and even then, ignoring them via toon panel works.

not sure how the sudden increase of people hating elitism happened, people loved the elitists when Frizzy Milton and Lefty uploaded regularly on tto. But hey, if you don't like elitists, good for you, you can have that opinion lel

Last edited: Jun 16, 2018
  3. Mousemallow
    Sweettooth

Mousemallow Elite Toon
    ATTA Supporter TTR Beta Tester

100%
    I was wondering when someone would talk about these people, lol. I see them literally everywhere and this seems to be such a common occurring theme especially with the outfits? It just baffles me. Also, bonus points if the name is in latin or something.

4. Some Random Toon
    No Mood

Some Random Toon Gag Trainer TTR Beta Tester

60%
    Mmm.

Elitist: "Yes, I ~~wasted half of my life on a game while being rude~~ finally maxed my fourth Toon! I am also superior to everyone else! BOW TO ME AND LICK MY BOOTS CLEAN, PEASANTS."
    Normal Toon: Lol, no-lifer.
    Elitist: Screeching that raises in pitch, eventually becoming inaudible to the human ear.

• Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 2
  5. Megabutter
    Cold

Megabutter Elite Toon

100%
    Ahhhh, reading this makes me miss TTR :p

6. Iced or Paladiknight
    In-Love

Iced or Paladiknight Gag Trainer ATTA Supporter

35%
    uggggh this 110 laff cat tried greening my alt yesterday, but i used a wedding cake last second and another toon used a tu unite so i survived. it wasn’t bc of bad gameplay, they were literally bored ://

but tbh we’ve all been through that elitist phase... i was terrible back then sry to literally everyone that knew me

7. Fluffabunny
    Thinking

Fluffabunny Gag Trainer

35%
    Haha, I did a cfo with two people (I mean literally 2 people because one had 4 toons and one had 3) who checked off pretty much every one of these except the bad attitude. They were very friendly and the battle went pretty fast since one person craned and almost killed the cfo in one stun. I have noticed there seem to be a lot of high-laff toons who dress similarly and I'm not sure what's up with that... but I don't really mind.

8. Violin3607
    Thinking

Violin3607 Cog Crusher

85%
    Anyways, I don't really consider myself an "elitist", even though I fit a lot of these descriptions. <3

9. Cvalho

Cvalho Cog Crusher ATTA Supporter

35%
    What I don't get is why would you take a game that you throw pies at robots so seriously! Not everyone wants to play like how you're wanting them to play. Completely and uttermost ridiculous.

10. Violin3607
    Thinking

Violin3607 Cog Crusher

85%
    I admit, I take this game more seriously than I should, but I agree, some people play this game like it's life or death.

• Like Like x 1
  11. Tristin
    Cheerful

Tristin Cog Crusher

60%
    I'm definitely not an elite toon by any stretch, hahah. Not maxed on any toons, did not even max on TTO - I have max gags on 1 toon, but not suits. I prefer to have lower toons with me - some don't get the same experiences that higher toons do because of the elites, and it totally sucks. New toons also get waaaay more excited about being in VP or CFO for example, which gives a better vibe all round. Elites do it all the time so it's no fun to do with them - particularly when they shop.

It's sad that there's a stereotype of Holly's in VP not inviting lower toons. I make sure to invite at least 2 and up to 4 if there are a few hollys about because I know it's easy to keep them alive with maxed gags.

Elites make me crinnngee
    (I do like the black pants, but I also love to be rainbow too :hearteyes:).

As for the names, I think people just like to sound edgy in general. LOL. I just have Tristin and Haunted as my main two toons, one a green cat and one black cat.

Also, on the subject of cats, I think it's kind of a catch 22 with them. They're the most common toon so it's kind of standard that all the stereotypes would apply to them, haha! I do have a dog toon and a bear toon as well but I haven't played them yet. :dizzy::dizzy:

I don't like taking rude toons though, and I find the longer I play, the more rude toons seem to get. There's so many myths that people seem to believe as well that higher toons just think are pure sillyness - like 'glue' however whenever I have told people this, I've had a right backlash saying I'm wrong. :laughing::laughing::grin::grin: I definitely experience rude toons more than elites. There should be threat like this for them. :tearsofjoy:

12. twinkleberry
    Cheerful

twinkleberry Elite Toon
    ATTA Supporter TTR Beta Tester

100%
    Just came back to this thread to say that an elitist toon (a black cat that 100% fit this description) was trying to green me in the CEO because I went AFK during the feeding round due to an emergency (my dog jumped into the pool and got stuck, lmho). They complained about how "bad" and "useless" I was with "not helping the team" afterwards.

Like, hello? Your bad, elitist attitude was the only thing that wasn't helping the team, not my 180 second moment of AFK-ness.

13. Tristin
    Cheerful

Tristin Cog Crusher

60%
    Had a few instances recently with 'elitist' toons and the whole unspoken rule rubbish they come up with.

Apparently it's 'tradition' (never heard of this tradition) that if you spawn the cogs by stepping on a skull in a DA Office to use a level 7 gag. I strongly disagree with anyone having to do this or feeling forced to do this by a high or 'elitist' toon. Especially because this depends on a few factors - first of all that the toon actually have maxed gags but also whether that gag will do enough damage anyway. It's more a waste of a level 7 than it is just to use up gags you otherwise wouldn't be using. If anyone does observe this rule, please don't expect people to agree with you on it. I've done a few runs with lower laff toons that don't have many level 7s and I just feel like it's a way to bully them so high toons can save gags they don't really need. I have the world over of restocks as a higher toon, and I would assume so do the other high toons. Just no reason for it, in my opinion.

I've been coming across a lot of silly rules now that I am spamming the bosses. A few of them make sense but some just seem to be a way of bullying the toons with no experience, and I find it pretty unfair of them to get annoyed or frustrated with lower toons just for not being 100% sure. Lower toons probably don't even know a lot of these unspoken rules if they haven't done the runs before. It's just getting a bit of a downer to play at this point with people constantly being rude to low toons. It isn't just me this has happened to - I've been on a few runs where it just seems they bully one toon the entire time and it makes me really sad.

To top it off, I was in a DA office today and was told off by elite toons for not using a fog for one round when I was 'paired' with someone. Thanks for telling me who or what I was paired with because it was never made clear to me that this is what they had decided. None of them said anything until I didn't us a fog, even though I chose the trunk before two other toons chose theirs. They had plenty of time to change it. If someone had told me I was randomly paired up with someone then fine, but they literally had not said a word before this so I assume they knew each other. All of them were 110 laff+ too, they just came accross as pushy and arrogant except for one blue dog who was actually just playing normally.

The only rule I've come across that does make sense is the rule of when to fire in the cannons at CJ - that one I didn't know beforehand but do now however all the CJs I have done we've always had 10+ toons on the jury anyway, so it's never been an issue either way whether someone fired before this. But this rule doesn't really hurt anyone either way.

I think I've come across so many rude toons recently that I'm considering not playing a bit just to get away from the hassle, hahah!

14. Violin3607
    Thinking

Violin3607 Cog Crusher

85%

• Like Like x 1
  15. Tristin
    Cheerful

Tristin Cog Crusher

60%
    The pairs strat isn't an issue in itself, I'm fine to do it and don't mind it, it was more the fact that no one told me we were doing it this way (all of the D Offices I'd done before this people went straight into doing it with 1 fog rule). They didn't say anything at all until I didn't choose a fog, even though I was second person to choose it leaving two other toons to pick it instead, however they choose to specifically get annoyed at me for not knowing that :

1. They were doing it a specific way
    2. That they had specific partners picked out and didn't tell me. How do I know who my partner is when y'all don't even seem to be doing it consistently?

I mean I could see from the way they were playing that they were using two fogs, so I knew they weren't doing 1 fog rule, but I'm not sure how I was supposed to know who to fog with and on which turns, because literally no one had said anything until I didn't fog on one of the rounds - which any of them could have made up for. Sadly I'm not a mind reader - had they said something I would have been cool with it. I went along with them after the told me, but had they told me from the start it would have avoided the whole situation.

96 is min for a D office, however not all toons that have high laff have high gags. I personally train mine to max before I reach 90, however some people just seem eager to go further with lower ones. Not my style, but to each their own. :p 100 laff also is not really a 'high' toon. I usually consider anything high to be around 120 laff. You can get to 100 just doing toon tasks, but it takes time to get the rest, so you can usually tell if someone has less experience or not with where they are from the 100 mark to max. Obviously there's always going to be exceptions to that though. :x That, or I watch too much DJ, haha.

That being said I think most people do watch up on stuff anyway. I watched all the boss fights before going into any of them. But I also don't think it should be an expected thing. Some bosses (CEO in particular) can end up being quite long and I think for the most part some people just prefer to play and learn than watch someone else do it. I personally learn better by doing.

-----------------------------

I'll always disgaree with the level 7 gag thing though. If it's a toons first time doing puzzles (and particularly the younger generation who didn't do minesweeper, haha!) they are going to make mistakes if they don't really know what to do. I know there's videos and stuff on it but again we shouldn't have to expect people to know. New stuff is fun and exciting and videos just aren't the same as doing it for the first time. Part of what annoyed me in this particular D was that the minesweeper puzzle, no one seemed to know how to do it! There was a green monkey who did half of it, and because he didn't know he stepped back and asked someone else to do it because he didn't want to use a gag if he stepped on the cogs - he'd already stepped on them in a previous minesweeper puzzle and used a wedding cake which I think was why. I think he was reluctant to be told to use another 7 again so decided not to carry on.

I was in one D office the other day where a red cat kept hopping on the puzzles while another toon was trying to do them but kept getting them wrong and another toon (a dog) was saying to green her if she kept doing it and threatening to stand on the skulls on purpose if she kept doing it. It was pretty cringey to watch from both of them! He also threatened saying that he would step on the cogs if we tooned her as well. An overreaction, if you ask me, but just an example of people taking things a bit too seriously. ._. He was real aggressive too..

--------------------------------

No one shuts up about the 21/22 second rule, haha! It's hard not to know that one but it's a handy one. There's at least 3 toons every time that will shout it. I'm not too fussed if people don't do it, at the end of the day it's just a game and as long as they're having fun, more power to em, but I do follow the strats if people are clear about which ones they're doing/want to do.

I find it real weird that a game that has a bunch of different ways to play is seeminly always limited. There's a lot of 'my way or the highway' in TTR (and probably in other servers too from the YT comments I've been looking at!) and it does make the game less fun because it's all so repetivite. :p Toontown is so easy anyway that if someone makes a mistake it usually isn't massively detrimental and is easy to come back from.

Maybe it's just me, but I play to relax and I'm not fussed what people do unless they're purposely trying to ruin someone else's experience. There's no one way to play, and I think that's part of the fun of it.

16. Violin3607
    Thinking

Violin3607 Cog Crusher

85%
    Not trying to argue with you btw :) I'm too worn out from grinding law to do it anyways haha. I do agree with most of the stuff you say. As for the 96 laff thing, I still don't see many people without maxed gags. And I don't consider 100 laffers high toons either, but by the time they're doing D offices they hopefully know what they're doing (I don't mean they need to know all the unspoken "rules", just basic strats). Anyways, I like the level 7 rule, speeds things up a lot, but if you don't that's perfectly okay with me! It's true that many people shout out the 45 22 rule or whatever variation they use of it, but I still say it sometimes because some people have just gotten back from a TTR break/new at it and forgot the numbers, or something along those lines. I agree that people take this game too seriously, I admit I occasionally rage if I get disconnected and lose all my progress or something, but some people treat it like life or death. Just a game!

17. Adorkable Mousie
    Innocent

Adorkable Mousie Cute Adorkable Toon :D TTR Beta Tester

100%
    The one fog rule has thankfully died for most of the game except for the CEO of course where it actually makes sense. Toons usually use the gags necessary to kill off the cogs within one to two rounds depending if they're sounding or not. The pairs thing in the da office on the first set is just a nice way to know who's going to use fogs on that particular floor, so less time is wasted in choosing gags and making the run faster.

The level 7 thing or a sos for setting off a puzzle is a nice gesture for making a mistake. It's not like it's hard to get a level 7 back, especially throw or sound that is used every often, or is grown on a tree in the estate so it's easily replaced.

• Like Like x 2
  18. Tristin
    Cheerful

Tristin Cog Crusher

60%
    I think people have differing opinions on the one fog rule. I've seen it mainly used in mints and CEO. I don't mind doing it, but I have seen a lot of talk about doing it when for example you have 3x 11s and it won't get them and that it seems a little pointless for those rounds.

Personally I see why people do it and it's not a bad technique, but I do think there's more fun ways to do it. I prefer either to lure or to sound until they're all flashing. That does mean using more fogs but that's not really the end of the world. I follow through with what people prefer - I'll do 1 fog if they make it clear at the start that that's the way they want to do it, but I did have another CEO group that refused to do it, so I guess it depends on what the group want. It makes sense in mints as well though when there's usually only one 11 and plenty of toon ups along the way, I'd say. I think the first CEO I ever did one side did one fog and the side I was on didn't. We still made it out within the same time so it didn't set us back at all. I think the best way to play is just to make sure you're communicating with everyone properly.

As for the partner thing, it's cool by as me along as they make it clear who your partner is and aren't inconsistent like the run I was talking about above. :p After telling me who it was, they still didn't follow it. :p Hahah. I don't know if it's because they ran out or something, there wasn't any communication in the group as far as I was aware.

19. Petallities
    Aggressive

Petallities The One Teen With Issues™ KTTA TTR Beta Tester

100%
    Since I never properly replied to this thread and it's bothering me, I'm gonna redo my response, whoopee.

• Wears at least one of these
    - Square glasses (I love these glasses a lot, of course I do)
    - Feather tether (Mhm..)
    - Striped shirt (Stripes are my aesthetic.)
    - Black shorts (Until we get a Vampire Skirt, I'm wearing these.)
    - Heart antennae (Sometimes..)
    - Sword on back (Mhm)
    - No shoes (It bothers me now, I need my converse sneakers.)
    • Has some edgy, deep, "meaningful" name (None of my toons have any names)
    • Usually a cat/black cat, duck, or dog. Can be any species but most commonly those (I'm a cat)
    • Ignores people when they are talked to (Never! I always at least say 'Hello' back.)
    • Has 4 maxed toons (I'm still working on my main..)
    • Cannot live without toon multi-controller (I usually multi-toon without this program.)
    • Almost always will have different colored legs from their body and/or big legs (Sometimes I make toons with colored legs cause it matches their theme, but I wouldn't do it for my main toon.)
    • Common in these toon colors
    - Blues, mostly dark shades (N/A)
    - Cream (Taco is cream.)
    - Black (Making a black cat soon.)
    - Maroon (I honestly never liked this color.)
    - Light brown (If you mean coral, then yes, I have two coral toons.)

• Is superior to everybody that is lower laff than them (Never.)
    • When somebody makes any sort of mistake, even small mistakes, they will get very mad and scold you for it. Ex: Using a gag you weren't supposed to, then they will spam question marks, use the angry emotion, or say "really?" "umm..." "....." (We all make mistakes in the end, why does it matter?)
    • Hates inviting lower toons to cog bosses (I don't mind.)
    • Has (a) toon(s) that are throwless or squirtless (or both) (I have a squirtless.)
    • Always uses speedchat to answer questions, or they will type with very good grammar and punctuation (I'm a grammar freak, and I love the speedchat phrases.)
    • Commonly toonupless, maxes gags at a low laff (My deer is technically toonupless, and she also has almost-maxed gags)

• Optimistic Optimistic x 1