1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Bad Experiences In The VP Lobby?!

Discussion in 'Sellbot HQ' started by Master Tubby Glitterquack, Jul 1, 2015.

?

What are some bad experiences you had in the V.P lobby?

Poll closed Jul 11, 2015.
  1. Someone hopping off at 0 in the elevator leaving you trapped

6 vote(s)
    60.0%
  2. When no one gets on the elevator and you're like come on let's go!!!

5 vote(s)
    50.0%
  3. If you're low suit but actually have maxed gags or good gags, people don't bother checking your gags

4 vote(s)
    40.0%
  4. When someone joins your boarding group then they leave at the last second

6 vote(s)
    60.0%
  5. I seriously don't know!

1 vote(s)
    10.0%
  6. What's the VP Lobby?

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  7. I have very good experiences and times in the VP Lobby

1 vote(s)
    10.0%
  8. Etc.

4 vote(s)
    40.0%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. If you guys had other experiences, I wanna know!

2. Miss Coconut
    Cloud_9

Miss Coconut Elite Toon TTR Beta Tester

100%
    One time a group of cold callers started calling the Hollywoods selfish for only inviting Hollywoods when we actually had 2 cold callers (with 100 laff) in our group. Then, in the elevator they started calling us really mean names. Everyone just laughed it off.

Another time I decided to leave a boarding group because the highest toon other than me only had an unmaxed birthday cake and the rest had cream pie. Those toons started calling me a greener and I was like um, we're not even in a battle how can I green standing in the VP lobby?

3. hollowstars
    Cheerful

hollowstars Cog Crusher

10%
    Whenever I go into the VP lobby I always try to make my own group so I don't end up in a group full of toons who only want high toons. I try to mix my group of lower toons and higher ones, but make sure that we're okay to survive. Sometimes though, when I get on the elevator with my group, I get a bunch of toons who have been "waiting for hours" because their gags weren't high enough (I honestly do think level 4 and 3 gags are too low to be using in VP when there are lots of level 11 and 12 cogs, but those toons don't understand I guess, or maybe have never been in a VP battle before), come over and tell us to die and that we're snobs or whatever. I've been angrily whispered at many times saying that they're not begging they just want a group. I feel rude telling them that they probably won't survive or will cause a loss for their team if they go in the way they are and should probably train a little more. At least level 5 gags would be good, in my opinion anyway.

It's a really important decision to make for who you want in your group, especially for those people with hard-earned level 7 gags. It would be a shame to lose them in battle just because we invited toons with level 3/4 gags into our group. I always feel really rude but I don't want to go sad and lose what I worked really hard for.

4. Prof. Trickypretzel
    Gloomy

Prof. Trickypretzel Gag Trainer

60%
    Some bad events for me:
    1) disconnected twice yesterday to VP
    2) greened yesterday in VP for no reason
    3) seeing that I can't really do anything for those toons that have like lv 4 gags that want to VP when they might know there's a lot of damage that could come
    Those were the usual, to-be-expected parts of that. Also, the lag just makes it worse.
    I thought hopping off the elevator resets the timer?

• Like Like x 1
  5. hollowstars
    Cheerful

hollowstars Cog Crusher

10%
    I think it does the first time, but if they do it again it won't reset.

6. Miss Coconut
    Cloud_9

Miss Coconut Elite Toon TTR Beta Tester

100%
    If you hop off at the very last second (right when the timer goes from 1 to 0), the timer doesn't reset and the elevator doors close.

• Like Like x 1
  7. hollowstars
    Cheerful

hollowstars Cog Crusher

10%
    As of right now, I can officially say that I've had an even worse experience in VP.

There was a horse who was with us, level 50 holly, who acted like he was better than us. I thought it was because of his suit, but no. He said it was because he was an adult and we're just a bunch of kids and that he used proper grammar all the time while we let ours slip. Unfortunately he still came into the battle with us. While we were fighting, he said it's impossible to solo and use a Madame Chuckle SOS to survive, because that's what our SOS was and somebody said it was good for soloing, which I agreed to. The horse disagreed, and said nobody uses Madame Chuckle in a solo. I had just done so and survived, so I told him I had. He said that I made him laugh, and that if I were going to lie I should lie better. When we got to the skelecog battle, I asked why he was so arrogant, and he told me because I'm just a kid and he's an adult. The horse kept calling me "kid" and "child" and it was incredibly annoying, especially considering Toontown IS a game made for kids by Disney. Then he said he was bored so he "might as well" green us. Unfortunately for one toon, she didn't have really high laff so she went sad, but me and a mouse I was with had over 100 laff so we made it through, although just barely. We refused to heal him because we didn't want to be greened and lose our level 7 gags, so he left. The mouse used his level 7 lure and I used my last Flippy SOS card in order to keep us alive. The people on the other side came over to help us and apologised for the fact that the horse was acting so awfully, and thankfully we made it through the entire battle and got our promotions.

Too bad for him I took screenshots of the entire thing and sent them to the TTR staff with his information (toon, laff, etc.).

Ooh, I didn't know that! Thank you!
    I don't plan on doing it but it's good to have a better understanding of it.

• Like Like x 1
  8. MasterCrazyCrunchyMonkey

MasterCrazyCrunchyMonkey Gag Trainer

25%
    This one time! I walked in the sellbot hq as a two face ready for my mingler promotion, the minute I stepped foot in the their I had about 5 invites so I accepted one! And joined without checking gags etc! Turns out the group was full of low level toons lower then 50 laugh with level 4 gags, me being me stayed in and thought we could do it! I kept everyone alive on my side and the others on the opposite all went sad! After the first round we only had 4 tooms left and they all disconnected! So I had no choice but to leave
    -_-

9. A Person
    Spaced

A Person Elite Toon

100%
    Sorry, necro-posting :(
    I just had to get this off my chest.
    So I was in the VP lobby and I was invited and ofc I joined. Nothing wrong. Some 40 laffer wanted to join, so the leader accepted them, and then promptly kicked them out saying they were low laff and gags. Everyone left the boarding group and I did too. I asked for an invite, and then one of the 40 laffer was like “Funny how that works out.” So obviously I was really confused. The holly in the group invited me and then kicked me out. He whispered saying,” Shouldn't have kicked my 40 laff friends.”
    Tbh, I was furious. I told him I wasn’t the person who kicked them because I wasn’t the group leader and I couldn’t. Then I looked, and the real group leader WAS IN THE GROUP, LAUGHING AT ME LIKE, “Shouldn't have kicked them!” I left the VP and didn’t do it for the next month. I went back again, and yay it was fun and I got my mover and shaker suit. :D But I’m still really upset, but hey, talking/typing this really helped!:)