1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Banned for something that happened nearly 2 months ago.

Discussion in 'Suggestions? Complaints? Comments?' started by Rigel, Jan 14, 2017.

1. Rigel

Rigel Guest

Ok so I received an email from TTR saying I'm banned for greening one person on the 9th of DECEMBER.
    I greened this ONE person because she was harrassing me and calling everyone rude names. I don't think the staff have even thought about any of this. The toon I greened also got people who weren't even there to mass report be, also making alts. This is also bannable, yet these I don't think will be touched.

This is clearly a case of completely abnormal moderation in my opinion.

I emailed them back, but they probably won't answer.
    Any advice?

Last edited by a Resistance Ranger: Jan 14, 2017
    • Like Like x 2
  2. Loveless
    Chatty

Loveless Something in you lit up heaven in me KTTA ATTA Supporter TTR Beta Tester

100%
    Train up a new account

You never left the 115 laff zone from what I remember anyway

Don't you have a 46 laffer or something on a different account, task on them

• Like Like x 4
  3. permanently? if it's permanent that's a bit far and i'd do something

• Like Like x 1
  4. Mighty Crash
    Stressed

Mighty Crash Strongest Toon in Town TTR Beta Tester

100%
    Well I'd suggest to email them first stating your issue, if the only response you get is a salty post master pete,
    just go through with @Wittlepurriwinklemaus ' plan :/

5. Rigel

Rigel Guest

Yeah, I'm just gonna train Rug (My alt) he's 46 laff and an uber.
    I still think though, that the mods or whoever done this report, should have looked into this a bit more, isn't false reporting also bannable?

6. Mighty Crash
    Stressed

Mighty Crash Strongest Toon in Town TTR Beta Tester

100%
    It takes longer to gather evidence for but yes.

• Optimistic Optimistic x 2
  7. Loveless
    Chatty

Loveless Something in you lit up heaven in me KTTA ATTA Supporter TTR Beta Tester

100%
    Ive never heard of an instance where false reporting was taken seriously

It is supposed to be taken seriously tho

• Like Like x 2
  8. Megabutter
    Cold

Megabutter Elite Toon

100%
    It is except no cares, or has ever cared.

• Like Like x 3
  9. Snakebite

Snakebite Guest

Dang, this makes me question how bad TTR's moderation has gotten... I hate how their support gets an automatic postmaster pete that doesn't even respond to me, the support is so bad... Sorry you had to deal with that false ban.. Are you going to still try to get your toon back and have the ban unlifted?

• Like Like x 2
  10. CommunistKitty
    Psychedelic

CommunistKitty Elite Toon ATTA Supporter TTR Beta Tester

100%
    This upsets me greatly, i'm really sorry to hear that happened to you. It makes me angry that some truly terrible people are unscathed by TTR moderation, but one action such as that is considered ban-able. You would think they would do more research into the chat logs and such before terminating someone but then again they don't get paid for this, so I doubt they seriously look into it.

• Like Like x 3
  11. HappyKat
    Curious

HappyKat Elite Toon ATTA Supporter TTR Beta Tester

100%
    yea speaking of support it takes a while to reach me like one time i couldnt get into my Toontown launcher and i emailed the support they didnt get back to me till like 3 days later which i finally figured out how to fix it by then i told them thanks for the help and that was that.
    oh.. don't get me started with the moderation staff there problem already that needs to be worked on and manage properly. just saying

• Like Like x 1
  12. Brady

Brady New Toon

i got a report email today telling me that they were 'monitoring my account' and 'happened to notice' a violation for things, including profanity

sad thing is, the majority of the things that were under the 'profanity' part were crap, or things that were already censored, so there was no reason to be so big brother aggressive.

it just shows that TTR mods are using this as a way to feel superior, especially with instances like yours.

Last edited by a Resistance Ranger: Aug 30, 2018