1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Suggestion Best way to control the game!

Discussion in 'Main Forum' started by bulldozerman185, Nov 30, 2018.

1. bulldozerman185
    Aggressive

bulldozerman185 Cog Crusher

85%
    With the release of the new Options update, Toons now have the option to reset the controls to however they see fit. You can continue to use the games default controls if you wish, but in my honest opinion, this is my last day of using the arrow keys to get around.

In almost every mainstream MMORPG ( and even most non-mainstream MMORPG's ) these days, your default controls are "WASD keys to move, Spacebar to jump, and hitting Enter to call up the chat."

Seeing as this control scheme dates back to 2008, with the launch of Wizard101, it's safe to say this has become the defacto way to play an MMORPG these days. "MMO Game Design 101", if you will.

So for those of you who are interested, the next time your in the game, go into your "Options" menu and reset the controls so you move around with WASD, jump with the spacebar, and hit the "Enter" key to call up SpeedChat+. Don't worry about disabling "Automatic SpeedChat+", it turns off automatically when you reset any control to what was previously a chat key.

It may be a little awkward at first, but keep in mind: If another MMORPG catches your attention later down the road, these are the default controls you'll have to adjust to if you want to play. Better to learn them now so you'll be prepared.

With all that said, have fun out there, and stay safe!

• Like Like x 4
  2. That Soundless Horse
    No Mood

That Soundless Horse that pessimistic soundless horse TTR Beta Tester

100%
    wasd master race

• Like Like x 1
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  3. Fishtacollahma
    Amused

Fishtacollahma Also Know as Ricky Mcroll
    TTR Beta Tester

100%
    When multi tooning however (if you are using toontown multicontroller ) you need the default controls so you can set the key binds within the controller itself for both toons. If they are not default then keys will not work when multi controller is activated. At least there are a couple of keybind options in the multi controller for the more important keybinds.

Last edited: Feb 4, 2019
  4. Dathlua
    Happy

Dathlua Gag Trainer ATTA Supporter TTR Beta Tester

35%
    I've been debating for quite some time on whether I should use an alternative for easier control of my game. Although it was a little awkward at first, your idea has been working well for me. Thanks for the suggestion!