1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

TTR Bug Can not log in [Windows Launcher]

Discussion in 'Toontown Rewritten Bug Reports' started by King Curly Bageltoes, Mar 16, 2019 at 11:41 AM.

1. King Curly Bageltoes

King Curly Bageltoes New Toon

"Looks like toontown rewritten crashed! Make sure to check your log file for fixing." etc. I have not found a fix for my issue yet. I've tried multiple things, I have Microsoft Visual C++ 2010 Redistributable Package and uninstalled newer versions. I have .NET Framework 4 and no newer versions of it. I've run the Engine as well but it loads too quickly for me to read what is being outputted. I still encounter this error. If I uninstall toontown and reinstall it, I can log in. But after that point when I logout, I can not log in again. I even uninstalled old Toontown files from when I uninstalled and reinstalled before but it doesn't seem to make a difference. I've tried logging in 10 times at least, per day over the course of a few days. And I never get in without it opening the screen, immediately closing out, and giving me this error. What should I do?

2. Dyno
    Amused

Dyno New Toon

I, too, am having the same issue. I've tried on two different computers with the same result. I tried uninstalling and reinstalling the computer and again, same result. I'm at a loss! I was really looking forward to a little toon time tonight but alas, I'm unable to connect :(.

3. Dyno
    Amused

Dyno New Toon

AHA! I have found a solution.

• First, make sure you're logged in with admin rights on your computer.
    • Then, open a Windows Explorer window.
    • Drill down to this directory: C:\Program Files (x86)\Toontown Rewritten
    • Find the Launcher.exe file.
    • Right click on the file and select Properties (at the bottom).
    • Select the Compatibility tab.
    • Under Compatibility mode, place a check mark where it says Run this program in compatibility mode for: . The drop down menu below it should say Windows 8. Make sure you leave it at that.
    • Click Apply (at the bottom right) and then OK.
    • Close all of the windows and run Toontown. If you catch a fish you've been missing, please tell me what bait you used.
    I might add that you remember the location of this just in case they make some changes to the program that brings it back around. If it stops working, reverse these steps by going in again and unchecking compatibility mode. I would like to note that I upgraded this OS from Windows 8 to 10 when they offered their "free" upgrade (read: Free until you might need to reinstall the OS then you're stuffed because yeah, buy it or weep).

Happy Tooning!

4. King Curly Bageltoes

King Curly Bageltoes New Toon

This did not work. I followed the steps exactly and there were no changes to the issue and how the program ran.