1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Cash Ubers

Discussion in 'Cashbot HQ' started by Phenomena, Apr 6, 2017.

1. Phenomena
    No Mood

Phenomena Elite Toon
    ATTA Supporter TTR Beta Tester

100%
    So I saw some mostly derogatory posts about Cash ubers, which contained a few misconceptions, but a new thread seemed to be in order since this isn't about low toons in the VP. For the sake of this discussion, they exist and I'm not going to be debating over the term itself. Please note that the bold quotes may or may not be verbatim what's been said.

"They get carried by high toons."

BULLions! If someone is able to contribute to victories in meaningful ways despite having lower laff in comparison to regular Toons, no one is carrying them. The term "carrying" seems to 'enjoy' the same level of misuse as "greening". So as it pertains to Cash ubers, please define "carrying".

To define 'meaningful':

+ gags are just as powerful as a high laff toon
    if not more with all the people who run around having high laff yet still haven't maxed all of their gags these days
    + adept at the strategies
    + can stomp goons and operate the crane

"Cash Ubers max SBHQ"

I don't agree with any guides or comments that suggest Cash ubers max SBHQ. I'd agree that this reduces the riskiness for Cash ubers due to the laff boosts and SOS cards. It's more challenging when you can't rely on rewards from the VP, particularly when you're used to having that resource. I seldom use my cards, but it's nice knowing I have some back up options if the need arises on my main.

So like Sell ubers, Cash ubers should avoid doing anything that would give them additional laff boosts beyond what is required to get up to their 6th gag track and complete the Cashbot disguise. No fishing (unless absolutely necessary for tasks), no racing, no golfing, and no gardening other than planting an organic track (optional) - one jellybean flowers are fine if you just want decoration and don't harvest them.

3) It's a bit more challenging to be a Cash uber than you might think.
    • For one thing, players on TTR aren't as quick to heal others as they used to be on TTO, as mentioned elsewhere. Like regular / high laff Toons, Cash ubers don't always go with people that know what they're doing, but it is riskier for them to board with randoms considering that reluctance to heal, not to mention the higher population of TUless.
    • They are more vulnerable to taking hits from goons than higher laff toons, especially the ones that do a lot of damage and that risk intensifies when the vault gets overrun by giant red hat goons due to bad stomping and/or craning.
    • And again, they shouldn't have SOS or laff boosts from Sell.
    As for not participating in all uber runs, some do - if you don't and never will have a cash uber, you can't really say what they do all the time. If there aren't enough all-uber runs scheduled, they can be arranged. If I had my Cash uber all ready to go, I'd say bring it on. :p

• Like Like x 1
  2. Sweetener
    Spaced

Sweetener teen idle KTTA ATTA Supporter TTR Beta Tester

100%
    I don't really see the point of it when you aren't going to be dying from anything besides bad gameplay nor do you have to deal with gag conservation, seeing as you have all 6 tracks.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Phenomena
    No Mood

Phenomena Elite Toon

100%
    Can't rule out bad RNG for sadness - it's not like that's unique to SBHQ. The Cash uber I played originally did go sad from gags failing at times, so there is some risk from the cogs, even though Cash ubers are a bit more durable than Sell ubers and have 6 tracks at their disposal. Tthey could choose not to train all of them so there could be 2-5 trackers. There is still some level of gag conservation and the player can stock less than they can hold (typically 70) to be even more conservative - maybe do 30, 40, or 50.

4. Sweetener
    Spaced

Sweetener teen idle KTTA ATTA Supporter TTR Beta Tester

100%
    Why have a toon with max cash and that deep in December go to waste by stayin at that laff to retain the uber status though?

5. That Soundless Horse
    No Mood

That Soundless Horse that pessimistic soundless horse TTR Beta Tester

100%
    The problem I have with people saying Cash Ubers exist is that, they can already survive 3 trips. The uber was low laff, and high gags, and meant that if you should be prepped to die, and most ubers don't even understand that today.
    I'm not going to force you to deny that cash ubers exist, but I just think it's a bit silly to call someone with 6/7 gag tracks, with 70-80 laff, an uber.
    (another note: the only 6 track uber, was from old TTO. There was a glitch, that allowed you to skip laff boosts, so, you could be at 30-50 laff, with 6 tracks, and techincally, be an uber, but that is a patched glitch, and impossible.)

Last edited: Apr 10, 2017
  6. Phenomena
    No Mood

Phenomena Elite Toon

100%
    Who says I'd be staying at that laff or want to retain uber status forever? Or that I want all high laff toons for that matter? :p

Really, I just prefer the CFO and Unites over the VP and SOS Toons. I never planned to do everything on every toon I make.

@king lollipop junior, yes, there is definitely a pervasive poor understanding of the concept.

The real point of an uber as the term applies to TT vernacular is to
    stack the odds against you and attempt to beat them anyway, not to go sad in the least amount of hits. I've never known many ubers (on TTO) that actually wanted to go sad. They have generally wanted to win just as much as regular Toons, they simply added more risk to their game-play and accepted it as gracefully as possible when it happened.

Constantly drawing comparisons between the different types of ubers who are built to take on different HQ's is basically like saying apples and oranges aren't both fruits because they don't have the same exact skins. With regard to the 6/7 tracks...yes, that amounts to having more to lose when you do go sad, which will be more often than the average regular toon who fights in that HQ despite being able to absorb more damage than a Sell uber.