1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

CFO Fight Strategy?

Discussion in 'Cashbot HQ' started by Jimbo, Jun 11, 2016.

1. Jimbo
    Cheerful

Jimbo New Toon

Hey guys, I just got my Cashbot Suit and completed my first CFO since TTO, and I've noticed that the is no real strategy to the actual battle against the CFO. In the VP and CJ there are people stunning from the back or stunning the cogs, but there's no real strategy to the CFO besides "scramble to throw goons and then try to pick up a safe before he awakes." I was thinking for a while and I noticed something while watching videos that could make a strategy. Im not sure if this is still in the game, but previously if you threw a safe right in front of the CFO's carriage any goons that would spawn would immediately be destroyed. We could use this to our advantage to make a better strategy then there currently is. Here's the steps (this is just a theory):

- Start the round, four people on the magnets as normal
    - The four people stomping goons run to one side of the carriage
    - The two people on the magnets on the opposite side of the stompers throw one safe infront of the carriage to keep goons away from them
    - The two people on the side with magnets throw their safes to the two whose carriage is blocked
    - The two with the safes prepare the safes to throw at the CFO

After this the round goes as normal, the two whose side has goons will be the Stunners, while the people on the ground are the Stompers. This makes it so that the goons can't run rampant, one major problem. The Stunners will take the goons, which all pile up on their side, and throw it at the CFO, and the people on the close carriage side, the Hitters, will throw the safes once they see that the CFO is stunned.

This strategy would fix a few of the problems, such as where goons run rampant and normally damage the people on magnets, the problem with everyone trying to stun and then scrambling to throw a safe, and the problem of someone accidentally throwing a safe at the CFO and giving him a helmet
    Tell me what you think of this strategy, it's just an idea, nothing has been tested for it. If you have any advice or other ideas please tell me! Thank you!

2. Phenomena
    No Mood

Phenomena Elite Toon
    ATTA Supporter TTR Beta Tester

100%
    Hi there,

I wouldn't recommend blocking doors for the following reasons:

1. Glitches. Safes can get stuck so far under the CFO that no goons come out at all, which is not a good thing; you need goons to do the initial damages and stun. If that happens, you will either have to disconnect or attempt to dislodge the safe to release the goons and continue the battle (no guarantee that you'll be able to). I don't remember this being an issue on TTO, but have seen it happen a few times on TTR.

2. Goons tend to pour out more from one side in the beginning. If you block a door -- even if it doesn't do the glitch -- you may interfere with stunning the CFO thereby contributing to helmets falling from the ceiling, which happens when you wait too long to hit him with goons. You can keep the goon population manageable by throwing goons at the CFO, even if he has a helmet if you are unable to get it off for whatever reason (such as being bad at it or unable to reach a safe). You can't really go wrong throwing goons even though the damage they do isn't as great since hitting him with them prevents game-generated safes falling and will never give him a helmet - this is especially good for those who are just learning how to crane.

My idealistic strategy for the crane round in the CFO would go something like:

1. Stompers stand between the cranes in a kind of diamond formation so that every side is covered.
    ...Patience grasshopper! The goons will come and you won't be bored for long...
    2. Two Goon Craners (GC); throw goons to keep the CFO almost continually stunned and prevent helmets from falling from the ceiling.
    3. Two Safe Craners (SC); throw safes when the CFO is stunned or remove helmets if they put any on by accident when stuns wear off.

I made a rough sketch to show what I mean on the positioning. A group wouldn't need to match the diagram exactly, just so long as it's every other craner concentrating on one type of object to throw and each one has two stompers guarding them on either side. An exception to a GC picking up safes would be to throw them to whichever SC needs them since there's no point in holding onto them if they chose to throw goons.

I just think it would help to:

a) create and maintain a balanced flow to throwing goons and safes.
    b) reduce the chances of craners taking goons from each other, surely that annoys many even when it's not intentional.
    c) possibly reduce the chances of accidental helmets being put on again when someone is already trying to remove one.

Again, it's an idealistic vision. I'm sure most CFO's don't/won't play out like this for a bunch of reasons such as differing skills, cooperation, etc. But it does seem to work well if everyone is on board and willing to try. If they don't want to, that's okay. This is all based on a full group too. Going short changes it, especially with 4 or less toons. In that case, I might play "musical cranes"; I hop from crane to crane depending on availability, the proximity of goons and safes, & what I need at the time. Along the way, I disable goons. If no one is stomping, I'll alternate between craning and stomping.

Just for the record; my main is maxed, two others are Robber Barons, and others are on their way. The only thing preventing them from being maxed already is life, time constraints, and focusing on other toons/areas of the game. I just find the CFO rewards super useful, especially in the CEO, so work on maxing it before other HQs.

cfo-crane-strat.png

3. featherwolf
    Cloud_9

featherwolf Elite Toon

100%
    I've noticed that safes do stop goons from spawning, but that's not good for craners on that particular side. It might be useful when the red goons come as they can get kind of spam-y, but other than that it just hinders things.

I did a CFO earlier where I craned for one of the first times since TTO and struggled because I had no safes and no goons. Either that or I was trying to aim while goons were attacking me.

4. Megabutter
    Cold

Megabutter Elite Toon

100%
    One of these days I really need to do a solo or duo CFO... that sounds like fun.

It's honestly just too easy with eight toons. I've seen runs done in under a minute before.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Phenomena
    No Mood

Phenomena Elite Toon

100%
    Duo is super fun! :) Not so much if you aren't prepared with a stock of good rewards, but if you are, definitely go for it!

Last edited: Jan 20, 2017
    • Like Like x 1