1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Cheddar Confesses All

Discussion in 'Main Forum' started by cheeseesweet, Aug 13, 2019.

1. cheeseesweet
    Spaced

cheeseesweet New Toon ATTA Supporter

40%
    First real post on the forums, ere we go. Note that I have no idea if this should go anywhere in specific, so if it should lemme know.

August 12th-
    I was doing mint after mint to get some tasks done as I'm on the brink of getting my CB suit. See, earlier that day I was told that at some point I would need to get ready to see my family for my belated birthday party, but was never told what time it would be at.

After hours and hours of playing I finally get a text from my grandmother to get ready out of nowhere, when I was expecting the party had been cancelled considering it was almost 8 at night. So I was a little miffed already.

Luckily we were near the end of the mint, the final battle actually. After a long while of letting the 3 other toons train (much to my disapproval as the last training team I was in got me killed) I decided to end the final fight quick with a wedding cake. The dog training trap protests, shouting "Nooo" over and over. I do not pull the gag back and say I am not going to (the countdown was too close for me to really do so and do damage anyway and I didn't want us getting hit hard because I didn't attack) I get called shady by what I remember being a cat training lure. Could be wrong. And then I have the 3 other toons jump down my throat, saying that I'm the rude one despite having been the main one attacking and healing when their gags missed or didn't kill. I thought you weren't supposed to train in a mint anyhow...

I tried to tell them that I had to hurry; training for one more round would take a lot of time, and they retorted that if I had to I shouldn't have done a mint. I didn't know I had to get ready and leave on such short notice! Of course, they didn't believe me and kept nagging, and here's where I got mad. The dog tried to train trap on the last remaining cog (Quicksand, if I recall) and I cancelled it with marbles. The other 2 took the cog down and I was soon out and logged off to go to my party with my family.

I also said to them that they would have plenty of other times to train, never mind the fact I let them train the whole time and that really it wasn't a big deal. They kept nagging and nagging, saying I was shady and awful and the worst person ever.

I did say "Y'all are babies lol" after the whole thing was over, which I'll admit was perhaps a bit stinky on my part.

Tell me, where do I stand on this? Was I completely in the wrong for wanting to end the very last fight with a wedding cake? I'm confused as to how this makes me the worst person ever.

2. Adorkable Mousie
    Innocent

Adorkable Mousie Cute Adorkable Toon :D TTR Beta Tester

100%
    I honestly feel it's rude and selfish to train at a mint without everyone agreeing to a training run before starting the run. Most people just want to get the run done quickly for bucks, especially at a bullion mint where people may need tons of bucks for their suit and it takes a good chunk of time as is with no trainers.

It sounds like the other toons established it as a training run, and you silently agreed with the training by sticking with the run and helping them train up to that point, so it's no surprise they got mad at you for throwing the wedding cake and taking away their chance at getting more xp. For me if the majority of the group feels the need to train I leave and find another group if I didn't agree with it in the first place, and save some frustration in the process.

3. cheeseesweet
    Spaced

40%
    That's fair. Do know it was a coin mint and I did say "Don't you think it's dangerous to train in a mint?" I was ignored. Perhaps I should have disagreed more vocally, but do know I tried.

4. Aero
    Mellow

Aero New Toon

40%
    No you did nothing wrong. It's rude in itself to assume everyone will have the time and patience for gag training outside of a building in an invasion district. Doesn't even make sense to train in a coin mint. Some people like myself will go online for a quick run before they have to go to work or in your case, a party. It's frustrating in those situations.

Just the other day I was in a dollar mint grinding and I had to deal with a mouse that was obviously training trap. Took so long, one of the members left out of impatience. What annoys me the most is when people blatantly deny what they're doing. When I asked if she was training she tried mitigating and deflecting, saying she wasn't training, but 'just really liked to see trap in action.' If that was the case then she could have at least used a TNT and try to one-shot one of the enemies instead of throwing out quicksand and trap doors and getting us hit. But go figure, because when I saw her experience points she wasn't maxed.

And I don't think you should feel bad about defending yourself with that comment. Everyone gets petty and annoyed when people act entitled and waste time. You were being mature and patient until you finally got sick of the nagging.

• Like Like x 2
  5. cheeseesweet
    Spaced

40%
    I'm glad to know, at least a little bit, someone understands my plight-- I'm also glad to see at least one person didn't find me unreasonable here. Takes a little bit of the remaining anger off.

• Like Like x 2