1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Suggestion Cog Building Finder Tool

Discussion in 'Game Suggestions' started by Fiver, Apr 16, 2018.

1. Fiver

Fiver New Toon

Use case - I often find myself wandering around desperately hoping to find 1 or 2 toons standing in front of a building ready to do battle. What if you could instantly find 3 like minded warriors and be insta-transported to a building? Read on to find out how!

In another MMORPG there is a dungeon finder tool. It quickly allows 5 same-level characters to be transported instantly to a dungeon.

In Toontown I envision the same tool. 4 toons of similar level (+-5?) would be instantly transported to the 1st floor of a building. No fuss. No muss. Rinse and repeat.

Thoughts?

Thank you,

Fiver

2. QLM1717
    Cheerful

QLM1717 Elite Toon KTTA TTR Beta Tester

100%
    Just wondering, how would the +-5 work? Couldn't there could be a chain of let's say 45, 50, 55, 60 laff toons in one building because they chain to each other?

3. Fiver

Fiver New Toon

That is a great point - +-5 is too constricting.

4. Adorkable Mousie
    Innocent

Adorkable Mousie Cute Adorkable Toon :D TTR Beta Tester

100%
    I really don't see a dungeon finder tool working too well in toontown. There would definitely have to be a way to see everyone's gags before entering or else it would be way too easy to just troll others by not bringing any gags, and tools like that encourage toxic behavior anyways, so meh I feel toonhq is good enough as is if toons want to find others to do a building with.

I think a better idea is to have a group finder tool with the whole functionality of toonhq.org groups into the game itself for pretty much anything, and it could also give the option to teleport to the party leader so it'll make it a little easier to find someone on the street for a building for example, as long as they have went to the area at least once. Maybe it would make earning the teleports to cog hqs less valuable, but meh I don't think anyone would care about that lol.

Last edited: Apr 18, 2018
    • Like Like x 1
  5. Fiver

Fiver New Toon

The group finder tool might work just as well - IDK.

BEGIN VENT

What I DO know is that there is a problem (let me know your thoughts on this please) IMO with toonhq. On the weekends at least 3 or 4 times a day I run into ONE person standing in front of a building and they tell me it is full because they have an HQ group.Seriously. They are waiting on a possible person possibly showing up because of a third party site. I believe this is not in the spirit of the game, certainly not in the spirit of TTO. An in-game group finder/dungeon finder tool would go a long way towards alleviating this issue if not solving it altogether.

END VENT

• Like Like x 1
  6. QLM1717
    Cheerful

100%
    I could definitely see the point there if people wait a long time for people on a 3rd party site it could lead to complications. They could try and code the same thing into the game and work real time with toons that are on and not in the middle of something.

7. Adorkable Mousie
    Innocent

Adorkable Mousie Cute Adorkable Toon :D TTR Beta Tester

100%
    Most toons who use it will usually show up pretty quick. It's just usually quick and convient to be able to get the attention of most toons online on toonhq vs trying to shout for a group in the playground that only those at that particular playground and district would see. Mostly everyone playing ttr knows of it's existence at this point, so I really see no problem with it since it makes it easier to get others for a group for pretty much anything.

It's up to the toon if they want to use it or not, but if they do, those who signed up expecting a spot should be able to get it as long as they're prepared for what they're doing. If you don't want to use it it's up to you, but just don't expect others to just let you into the group and kick someone off the group that's on toonhq since that's honestly rude to do that to someone on toonhq.

I think having an actual group finder tool in the game would definitely be better though, with at least the same functionality of toonhq with options to say if it's a shopping group or not for example for the VP.

8. QLM1717
    Cheerful

100%
    Yesterday I literally joined a group and was walking to the building and they kicked me and went in that's the problem

9. Megabutter
    Cold

Megabutter Elite Toon

100%
    Taken-over buildings are different between each district :p