1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Cogtent Pack Tool[Content Pack Tool for TTR]

Discussion in 'Content Packs' started by Bon, Jan 1, 2015.

1. Bon
    Veggedout

Bon New Toon

40%
    Any problems message me

Before messaging me please read these steps to fix easily made mistakes:

1. You chose the right Toontown Rewritten Directory(file > Change TTR Directory)
    2. Run as Admin

Features
    - Downloads the most popular packs as of[1/1/15]
    - Installs any content pack
    - Doesn't require Panda3D to be installed, program does that for you
    - Only installs enough files to use Multify.exe
    - Unpack phase files to edit and create custom content packs
    - Repacks custom content pack phase files and ready to install
    - Last content pack installed

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

If people are interested in it enough, I will be updating it. :)

Last edited by a Resistance Ranger: Jan 1, 2015
  2. FelixTheMonkey
    Spaced

FelixTheMonkey Gag Trainer

35%
    Can you make a tutorial on how to do it?
    Thanks!
    ;)

3. Bon
    Veggedout

Bon New Toon

40%
    What part? Its pretty self explanatory. For some odd reason I can't get content packs to work on TTR since the new launcher update. Not sure if they fixed it yet.

4. Joanna
    Worried

Joanna Gag Trainer ATTA Supporter

60%
    What does this do?

5. Bon
    Veggedout

Bon New Toon

40%
    Pretty much installs content packs for you. Allows you to download 6 different content packs. Also lets you create your own by unpacking the phase files and repacking easily.

6. Joanna
    Worried

Joanna Gag Trainer ATTA Supporter

60%
    But, what are content packs?

7. Blaise
    Angelic

Blaise Gag Trainer TTR Beta Tester

60%
    I just used this and it worked great for me!

8. madamoiselle--soleil
    Bashful

madamoiselle--soleil Hall of Fame Hall of Fame ATTA Supporter TTR Beta Tester

100%
    They change the entire outlook of the game. So, imagine going into the VP and instead of seeing metal, you see a flowery background and lots of color (of course, I'm just pulling things out of thin air here as I have no idea what the contents pack actually do have), but from what I've seen they're just fun texture packs.

9. Sahara25
    Sunshine

Sahara25 65 laff KTTA

60%
    Is this a hack?

10. madamoiselle--soleil
    Bashful

100%
    Can't be a hack if it's acceptable by the staff.

• Like Like x 1
  11. Bon
    Veggedout

Bon New Toon

40%
    No its just a tool that helps installation of content packs for Toontown Rewritten. It's not NEEDED to install content packs you can do it manually, this program just helps toons along.

12. Freezeflame
    Amused

Freezeflame Cog Crusher TTR Beta Tester

60%
    Is pretty good. Now i must make a pack that gives everything mustaches.

13. toon man

toon man Gag Trainer

25%
    There Is No Point For This To Exist. There Has Been Tutorials on how to do this the manual way. As for creating content packs, It Still Lacks Any Function. It tells you instructions On How To make your own. This seems like A lazy way for you to install And Create Content Packs. On the Internet you want to go as safe as possible even if it is approved by staff. I will download it and Inspect the code using notepad to see if there is any sending to emails Info ( Sometimes Some Info on your PC Is stolen and using some coding, transfered to the email that they like. I Have A few examples That Do not reguard TTR. I can only bring these up if a staff member requests it as I feel it might ban me for talking about things that are not related to TTR. Kinda Like Talking About Servers on MC Multiplayer. There Needs to be more things then a Installer / Creating for Content Packs. And I personally recommend changing the name. It sounds like you are talking about A game that you can play as the cog (which would be interesting) I do not have any recommendations other then just calling it
    The TTR Content Packer Tool. If this did something like change the sound Effects, this might be interesting.

Over all I give this a 3.0/10

14. madamoiselle--soleil
    Bashful

100%
    Or maybe people just want to change the overall look of the game. Maybe it's boring to some people. If they'd like to add the pack then that's on them. Do let us know after you inspect the code if there's something in there that targets someone stealing information, because that would be good information for other toons to be aware of.

15. toon man

toon man Gag Trainer

25%
    I Would do it to change the look of the game manually. Even If this is simplier, it might not be trustworthy. Would It be illegal/banable for people to post a program that could steal your info without you knowing.
    --- Double Post Merged, Feb 4, 2015, Original Post Date: Feb 4, 2015 ---
    Also, It is easy to see if there is a person who is stealing information. Open It Up In A Note Program. And Look At the code and see if there is something suspicious like a website or email. If not, it odds are would be safe. I found this in the code. Odds are is stolen by this URL TTR Customizer

It is named Differently, and has not been edited since May 27, 2014. This Post Should be ether deleted by a TTR Fourms Staff Member, Or Banned For False Posting.

Last edited: Feb 4, 2015
  16. madamoiselle--soleil
    Bashful

100%
    I think you're going a wee bit overboard, but OK. I mean, if you don't want to download it, that's completely fine. I also think that this post is aimed towards Windows users anyway. If you're a Windows user, then I'd say just don't download it and use it. I use a Mac, so I could honestly care less about this pack. I just love to see new ideas being implemented into the game--it's refreshing.

• Like Like x 1
  17. toon man

toon man Gag Trainer

25%
    By the way, I couldnt run the program even if i wanted to. Its weird...

18. Bon
    Veggedout

Bon New Toon

40%
    There is no point in you coming onto MY thread and trolling about who knows what. I don't know where all the "hate" came from but tone it down a bit. Not here to argue.
    He can't inspect the code of an executable file. The most he can do because I've written it in C sharp is use a .net reflector. He's just trolling to try to get my program deleted or make people not want to use it. However,if he does have a way to look at the source, I assure you there's nothing malicious about it. Pretty much copies and pastes from one folder to another. Common sense, if it wasn't safe do you think an administrator would approve it?

Whether is trust-worthy or not it's still your prerogative. Actually, sweet gave me the idea and I put it in the credits(sweet is the one who approved it and checked it out.). If you would next time you go on a raging rampage about something you have no clue what you're talking about, do your homework. Just because YOU don't like something doesn't mean you need to be rude about it. I would appreciate it if you keep your opinions to yourself when it comes to my threads unless its constructive/feedback, thanks.

You need the .net framework to run this as it was written in C sharp.

19. toon man

toon man Gag Trainer

25%
    Bon = There is no point in you coming onto MY thread and trolling about who knows what. I don't know where all the "hate" came from but tone it down a bit. Not here to argue.[/QUOTE]

toon man = I am not trolling. I am explaining how usless this program is. I am being a honest toon. You are the person hating for criticism. So you are here to argue. Stop Lying.

Bon =He can't inspect the code of an executable file. The most he can do because I've written it in C sharp is use a .net reflector. He's just trolling to try to get my program deleted or make people not want to use it. However,if he does have a way to look at the source, I assure you there's nothing malicious about it. Pretty much copies and pastes from one folder to another. Common sense, if it wasn't safe do you think an administrator would approve it?[/QUOTE]

toon man =I Might not be able to look through the code properly, However All I need to do to find a hackable source is to use a note program and look for a website URL or a email. You Might Not know this, but i once busted a Hacker that was stealing info. I even Shut down his video :) watch what you are doing. Some Normal Toons Do not know the Programming Language.

Bon =Whether is trust-worthy or not it's still your prerogative. Actually, sweet gave me the idea and I put it in the credits(sweet is the one who approved it and checked it out.). If you would next time you go on a raging rampage about something you have no clue what you're talking about, do your homework. Just because YOU don't like something doesn't mean you need to be rude about it. I would appreciate it if you keep your opinions to yourself when it comes to my threads unless its constructive/feedback, thanks.[/QUOTE]

toon man = You are such a liar. None Of the Information was in the credits. I checked the Post, I checked the README included. None.

Bon =You need the .net framework to run this as it was written in C sharp.[/QUOTE]

toon man = I Tried Re-Installing and it said I already have it. I am on windows 8. Fix?
    .NET Downloads, Developer Resources & Case Studies | Microsoft .NET Framework

Last edited: Feb 5, 2015
  20. chalkay
    Psychedelic

chalkay Cog Crusher

60%
    Mate, let's just end this as you seem to only be here to annoy Bon. Instead of coming up with arguments to everything said why not just move on from this, seen as Bon has probably put in a lot of work so there's no need for you to stroll in here and pick apart his project in a very negative light. Surely there are better things to be doing than trolling on here.

• Like Like x 1