1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Contest Announcement!

Discussion in 'Contests & Forum Awards' started by Heaven Bound, Mar 17, 2017.

?

What kind of contest would YOU like to see?

Poll closed Mar 24, 2017.
  1. Art contest!

2 vote(s)
    9.1%
  2. Writing contest!

4 vote(s)
    18.2%
  3. I have an idea and will comment it!

1 vote(s)
    4.5%
  4. In-game contest!

15 vote(s)
    68.2%
  1. Contest Announcement!
    Posted by Heaven Bound

Hey, toons!

@angel-monkey and I wanted to hold a contest but wanted to ask YOU toons what you want to see!

[​IMG]

We want to make sure that you toons want to participate and are interested in this contest. While art and writing contests are fun, most people don’t really like to take part in them, which is understandable! This is why we want to ask you guys what you’d like to see!

So let us know by voting in the poll above, or writing a comment below of something that you may be interested in. The contest will be determined by whatever has the most votes. When you guys comment an idea that isn’t listed, we’ll be sure to add it to the poll!

For those of you wondering, there will be prizes! These prizes will be announced when the contest is determined. I know some are you are probably thinking right now, "Heaven, why is that? Why are you keeping the prizes a secret? What’s the big deal!” Well, my friends, this is because our prizes will vary depending on the contest itself. The poll will be open for one week (time open to change), so get your votes in and let us know if you’re excited!​

Last edited by a Resistance Ranger: Mar 18, 2017
    • Like Like x 3
    • Creative Creative x 2
  2. Mackenzie the Big Mac
    Tired

Mackenzie the Big Mac Elite Toon KTTA ATTA Supporter TTR Beta Tester

100%
    Writing contest. :)

• Like Like x 1
  3. featherwolf
    Cloud_9

featherwolf Elite Toon
    ATTA Supporter TTR Beta Tester

100%
    I'd prefer some kind of in-game objective really. I can't draw at all and used to write but can't bring myself to do it anymore so I hate seeing those kinds of contests since I can't participate. :(

Maybe like a best dressed contest? Or toon design contest?

• Like Like x 3
  4. In-game contest would be a good idea! :)
    This is exactly why I made this, to see what kind of contest you guys want.

• Like Like x 2
  5. Professor Brainiac
    Artistic

Professor Brainiac Forum Moderator Cast Member Forum Moderator KTTA ATTA Supporter TTR Beta Tester

100%
    I'm feeling in-game contests too :D

• Like Like x 2
  6. Adorkable Mousie
    Innocent

Adorkable Mousie Cute Adorkable Toon :D TTR Beta Tester

100%
    Yeah I'm not good at writing or art so those are out of the picture. Maybe we can do a golfing tournament of some sort in-game with multiple rounds with the bottom 2 being eliminated per round depending on how many show up. I'm not great at thinking ideas maybe more will come to me later :oops:

• Like Like x 4
  7. Insert Epic Name Here
    Lurking

Insert Epic Name Here afk kween
    KTTA TTR Beta Tester

100%
    I like the idea of an in-game contest, just not sure if I could actually do that (afk kween gotta keep her title valid) maybe it could be a combined contest, with two winners? one for writing and one for in-game, and they both get prizes, but you could only enter in one. that way everyone would get a fair chance:blush:

• Like Like x 2
    • Creative Creative x 1
  8. Loveless
    Chatty

Loveless Something in you lit up heaven in me KTTA ATTA Supporter TTR Beta Tester

100%
    Definitely not the others, so I'm going to go with in-game contest. However, this seems to vary a lot, would it be like a Valley Game-Show (God no) or something a little closer to Forum Fun Day with things like racing across CBHQ.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Well, it depends what everyone including you want. Even if it does end up like a Vibrant Valley game-show, we'll still make it fun.

• Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  10. bakabeans
    Sweettooth

bakabeans Elite Toon
    KTTA ATTA Supporter TTR Beta Tester

100%
    In-game contest is probably the most fair option so yeah. I don't think I'd participate in that though since I'm not in-game a lot, unfortunately.

• Like Like x 1
  11. Crybaby

Crybaby Guest

In-game would be the fairest imo, though a writing or art contest would be really cool :)

• Like Like x 1
  12. Guys, the options on the poll ARE NOT the ONLY contest options. This contest is up to YOU toons to decide, so give us some creative ideas on something you, personally, would enter in! This isn't only between art, writing, and in-game. We want your ideas!!!

• Like Like x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  13. Mighty Crash
    Stressed

Mighty Crash Strongest Toon in Town TTR Beta Tester

100%
    Personally I'd enjoy something simillar to the 'Top Toons' competition back in January the TTR team had.
    It gave me more motivation to play the game for a while.

• Like Like x 1
  14. Could you define that a bit better? Because we could probably recreate something similar on the site.

15. Mighty Crash
    Stressed

Mighty Crash Strongest Toon in Town TTR Beta Tester

100%
    Something like tallying how many cogs defeated, building destroyed, facilities completed (factories, mints, da, and courses), and bosses completed. And whoever has the most in each category would receive a forum medal. But I imagine that kind of information would be difficult to receive in order to calculate the winners.

Last edited: Mar 18, 2017
  16. You aren't wrong about it being difficult, we would need many people (one dedicated "moderator" per group) to help, just to be with people. Realistically, this will not replace or be anything as big as Forum Fun Day, as this was never the intention and I will stick by this. We all have busy schedules, so I would like to make it somewhat simple. :p

• Like Like x 2
    • Creative Creative x 1
  17. Adorkable Mousie
    Innocent

Adorkable Mousie Cute Adorkable Toon :D TTR Beta Tester

100%
    Yeah I would love something like this in maybe a smaller manageable scale for us to do. I wouldn't know how to get the info besides maybe someone recording the whole 1 hour run or whatever we do on video of either cog facilities witb most cogs defeated and facilities completed or doing buildings for most floors cleared. Yeah this is probably a bit too much to manage for the forums, but I would love this sort of race lol :)

• Like Like x 2
  18. I strongly agree, it would just be a matter of having one dedicated person to oversee the group and record the stats (on video or paper, whatever they prefer), tbh boss runs may be easier, but idk

19. Loveless
    Chatty

Loveless Something in you lit up heaven in me KTTA ATTA Supporter TTR Beta Tester

100%
    will we need to sign up

20. Yes, you're correct, but right now the focus is the type of contest. Since in-game seems to be winning, it would be great for more specific ideas such as golfing, first to get a star and shows an event planner wins, etc...

• Like Like x 2