1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Do you like Donald's dreamland?

Discussion in 'Donald's Dreamland' started by Violet175, Jan 3, 2015.

?

Do you like ddl?

1. Nooooo

4 vote(s)
    5.3%
  2. LOVE DDL!!!!!

30 vote(s)
    39.5%
  3. It's ok...

17 vote(s)
    22.4%
  4. Yeah, I enjoy it

25 vote(s)
    32.9%
  1. Nameless_
    Tired

Nameless_ Gag Trainer
    TTR Alpha Tester

35%
    I love the playground music for it and the nighttime setting is really cozy. Definitely one of my favorite playgrounds in the game.

2. rem
    Lonely

rem Elite Toon KTTA

100%
    ddl was the longest and most fun in my opinion. no words can describe the amount of fun it was the first time you ever go into ddl. you finished the stupid lil old man.. youre going to be 100 laff soon even though its 3 parts youll forget about it bc how fun it is. i really like the music too and the setting. i love the city fits ddl so much and it helps to be walking around ddl at night time.

• Like Like x 2
  3. Whisker Loopy Writer
    Amazed

Whisker Loopy Writer Elite Toon
    ATTA Supporter

100%
    I love DDL, especially the playground music. :)
    --- Double Post Merged, Dec 1, 2015, Original Post Date: Dec 1, 2015 ---
    I agree. The part about 'LOM being stupid' made me laugh. :)

4. Vaan

Vaan Gag Trainer

85%
    DDL is a mixed bag.

You earn your cash suit there and likely have your sell suit by the time you get there. Your gags are also likely to be getting good. In that way, you can begin working sell and cash with decent gags and get a preview for what is to come after finishing with tasks: the huge grind that is working HQ's. I've always found this part of DDL exciting as it's a taste of life as a post-task toon.

On the other hand, DDL is extremely long and grueling. There are frustrating tasks that require large numbers of specific cogs, and it seems like it never ends sometimes. You also can't work law and boss, so sell, cash, and buildings get stale quickly. And it gets stale long before you can see the light at the end of the tunnel.

They also completely do away with shopkeeper tasks at the end of DDL. I've always found it odd that the final tasks of Toontown, where we become the strongest toons, do not have any involvement from shopkeepers, Flippy, or any NPC's. I know Toontown doesn't really have much of a story, but it would have been nice to have dialogue with some NPC's, congratulating us on becoming more powerful and encouraging us to find a way to permanently stop the cogs. The HQ officers don't even talk to us, they just say what our rewards are and send us on our way. I don't know, it's just something I've always thought about and found strange.

• Like Like x 4
  5. TVFace
    Daring

TVFace Elite Toon

100%
    Yes, The tasks are awful but i like the music and the beanfests. And Cashbot HQ too! And it has alot of buildings, and i met a lot of friends there and maxed a lot of my gags there.

6. Miss Candy
    Fine

Miss Candy Elite Toon
    KTTA ATTA Supporter TTR Beta Tester

100%
    I think the playground design is very beautiful, but I wish we could have more time in it,it is such a fun playground for me:sleeping:

7. CatInTheMorgue
    In-Love

CatInTheMorgue Elite Toon TTR Beta Tester

100%
    No, gloomy and the tasks are horrible what with all that running around

8. super pedalswirl
    Amused

super pedalswirl Cog Crusher KTTA ATTA Supporter TTR Beta Tester

35%
    i love ddl. ddl is like when you get old you retire but instead of retiring you still do factories, cogs, bldgs ect. but it relaxing not like having all these store owners be like bring so and so here and that person is like do 400 cogs on this streat. its like defeat 400 cogs but like over time its just calm and none pushy

9. WonderfulUnknown
    Goofy

WonderfulUnknown Gag Trainer

60%
    It's my favorite playground! The nostalgic music, the lively CFO and not to mention the daily beanies that that goes on. However every task is tedious ha ha. It's also the playground where I decided to get my act together and trained all my gags to max and phew that took a while!