1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Do you think the Cog HQ crasher events will return?

Discussion in 'Main Forum' started by Mousemallow, Aug 10, 2019.

1. Mousemallow
    Sweettooth

Mousemallow Elite Toon
    ATTA Supporter TTR Beta Tester

100%
    I've been thinking about the Cog HQ crasher events we've had in Rewritten, and I wonder if they'll ever be making some sort of return in the future. I know the responses tend to be pretty mixed in how people feel towards these events, but I personally enjoyed the Cashbot one we recently had, as it made farming unites a whole lot easier and included some pretty sweet rewards from tasks.

We do still have some ways to go if the team does plan on going the full way and doing a crasher event for each HQ of course, but who knows, maybe there'll be some sort of mega event where they have districts dedicated to the crasher style of cog HQs; or something like they do a rotation every once in a while for each event.

I don't know if there's been any news or anything about this as I'm kind of out of the loop with any news, so I'm just putting some ideas out there, kind of.

2. ACatNamedArmpit
    Tired

ACatNamedArmpit Gag Trainer

35%
    I really do hope so. Reoccurring crash events will definitely freshen up the game.

• Like Like x 1
  3. affiniteas
    Worried

affiniteas Elite Toon
    ATTA Supporter TTR Beta Tester

100%
    I hope so. TTR is dying at this point, they might as well keep events like this reoccurring for the future to keep the people interested.

• Like Like x 2
  4. Aero
    Mellow

Aero New Toon

40%
    I hope they come out with more, and that the cashbot event in particular is re-introduced. I wasn't playing TTR when it took place and had no knowledge of the event until it already ended. Talk about bad timing.

5. Duck Tape
    Spaced

Duck Tape Elite Toon
    KTTA ATTA Supporter TTR Beta Tester

100%
    I'd rather they focus their strengths on gameplay changes and new permanent content, instead of more temporary events like these.

too bad TTR is too reluctant to make any actual gameplay changes.

• Like Like x 1
  6. ACatNamedArmpit
    Tired

ACatNamedArmpit Gag Trainer

35%
    They could always make the events happen weekly permanently, like Fish Bingo, Silly Saturdays, etc.

7. Sir McQuack
    No Mood

Sir McQuack Elite Toon TTR Beta Tester

100%
    But Operation events are exciting because they rarely happen, so more people flood into the game to get the items or play it for fun before it goes away. Making it a weekly occurence would take away all the excitement and just make it boring, because it's the exact same thing every single time.

Plus, Operation events are designed as temporary events to begin with. How would it work if it was a weekly occurence? They would have to almost completely redesign the entire event just to make it work as a weekly thing. It could be nice to have it return every now and then, like a couple of months would pass by, Operation Sellbot or Cashbot would come back for a few weeks then go back into limbo, but again, it could be a bit stale to see the same event all the time.

Also, i agree with Duck Tape in that they should focus more on permanent gameplay changes, such as the soon to be released Field Offices or simple things like fixing bugs, but a brand-new event (such as Operation Lawbot or Bossbot, or even something minor like a celebration party for Field Offices being finally released) would be cool to see as well.

Last edited: Aug 21, 2019 at 1:18 AM