1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Doodle Prediction

Discussion in 'News' started by Professor Brainiac, Apr 8, 2017.

?

Do you think I am right?

1. Spot on! Be a fortune teller!

2. Mostly.

3. Half and half.

4. Not really.

5. No way. You are a terrible fortune teller.

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. Professor Brainiac
    Artistic

Professor Brainiac Forum Moderator Cast Member Forum Moderator KTTA ATTA Supporter TTR Beta Tester

100%
    Hey everyone!

At this point, I'm pretty sure that a lot of you have seen TTR's new post/video. If you haven't, it's here: NEWS - The Doodle Hunt Has Begun! | Toontown Rewritten Forums

From the looks of this video, doodles are coming soon. This is remarkably similar to TTO's introduction of doodles, where toons where out hunting doodles (note: in TTO, when Fluffy was finally "caught," Minnie found him outside of some shop in Minnie's Melodyland. This will most likely not help you find him now, however). Some people may agree or disagree with me, but from the looks of this, doodles are coming soon. This will, of course, have mixed reactions within the community.

There are some people (me included) who miss and actually like doodles. (If you care about why I like doodles,
    )
    Then, there are the people who think that doodles are absolutely useless, are a waste of time, and only exist to lag the game even more. Both sides have compelling arguments, so please don't turn this thread into a debate. But when doodles are finally released, here's what I think will happen.

1) TTR blog is updated with new post saying doodles are now available to purchase (a week or two behind schedule, most likely)
    2) Immensely heavy lag within the game, due to an influx of players on the server, causing the game to crash way too much.
    3) Surge of posts on TTRForums saying "I can't get into Toontown!"
    4) Doodles caused more lag than TTR expected, maintenance updates most likely to follow.
    5) Within two weeks, people will realize how useless doodles are and completely ignore them (unless TTR revamps them to make them more worthwhile/easy to train)

We'll see how this plays out :D

• Like Like x 4
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 3
  2. Adorkable Mousie
    Innocent

Adorkable Mousie Cute Adorkable Toon :D TTR Beta Tester

100%
    I'm kinda excited to see how this plays out since I've never experienced doodles before, but at least it'll give me something to do since I'm getting close to being maxed on haunted within a month or two probably. I'm a maxing maniac so I'll probably max it out even if it is relatively useless lol :p

3. Professor Brainiac
    Artistic

Professor Brainiac Forum Moderator Cast Member Forum Moderator KTTA ATTA Supporter TTR Beta Tester

100%
    often I find myself with nothing to do on TTR so I may just spend hours training my doodle if I'm bored with nothing to do

• Like Like x 1
  4. CommunistKitty
    Psychedelic

CommunistKitty Elite Toon ATTA Supporter TTR Beta Tester

100%
    I absolutely miss doodles, I have fond memories of friends and I training doodles on TTO. :) I can see both sides to the argument however. Of course they may cause lag at first, but doodles are definitely not a complete waste. Especially for Tuless toons! I'd love to see their return in the near future.

• Like Like x 3
  5. Professor Brainiac
    Artistic

100%
    Actually, one of the reasons why my main is toonupless is because I thought TTR would have doodles. Of course, this was before I knew about SOS cards and unites and doodle accuracy, but I had gotten super attached to my TTO doodle, so of course I want another one on TTR.

For each toon. :oops:

• Like Like x 1
  6. featherwolf
    Cloud_9

featherwolf Elite Toon
    ATTA Supporter TTR Beta Tester

100%
    Seeing as they've added a doodle already (Fluffy) it wouldn't be a stretch to say they're probably testing to see if TTR is ready for doodles.

7. That Soundless Horse
    No Mood

That Soundless Horse that pessimistic soundless horse TTR Beta Tester

100%
    from what I remember, DDL doodles are good, heck, my toonupless on tto had a brrrgh doodle and it saved me and my friends multiple times in buildings.
    but, I'd like to see doodles, because a maxed out doodle will do more then almost every group toonup when 4 people are in the battle
    (the only group toonups that do more in a group of 4 is juggling, and high dive. heck, bamboo cane only does 23 compared to a doodles 22, as well)

• Like Like x 3
  8. Phenomena
    No Mood

Phenomena Elite Toon
    ATTA Supporter TTR Beta Tester

100%
    I'd like to see doodles, largely because the game will feel more complete in terms of having its original features.

I would like to see them tweaked though as far as the training difficulty and what they can do for you in exchange for jellybeans.

Having challenges is good, but at the point where doodles are most useful, Toons are already faced with many that are time consuming in themselves. I think making it too hard & too long of a road hasn't helped motivate many players into training doodles on top of grinding gags, suits, and other stuff + by the time the doodle is maxed & "in its prime", you needed that several yesterdays ago.

9. Professor Brainiac
    Artistic

100%
    I think the only difference with that is that Fluffy is an NPC, so you don't have to treat him like a separate entity. As far as it seems, the only thing he does is randomly spawn anywhere in Toontown, then play a dialogue when someone finds him, and respawn elsewhere. With other doodles, there's a lot more of an issue because each doodle is it's own entity. The way Disney's doodles worked is that if you had a doodle, the doodle would be treated as another character, and the server would have to calculate its movements and state of being constantly. Disney, of course, had enough engines to run Toontown with this, but TTR doesn't which is why they couldn't originally implement doodles. They've spent a lot of time trying to revamp doodles so that they're not as heavy on the server.

Hopefully they're successful :D
    Yeah, DDL doodles were the best (which is why they were the most expensive
    And I really would like doodles to get implemented soon, even though most people won't take the time to max them. I feel like at some point, I may just spend hours training my doodles and anyone who's bored on TTR can come with me to train them... :D

look for a thread soon :p
    This is why I really hope TTR rewrites the leveling system. I know maxing gardening is a pain (4 months of repetition), but with doodles it's not even a guarantee each time that the doodle will level up. And from the videos I've seen, every time you max the bar, it adds one point to the doodle's boost. So getting "Speak" from 11 to 22 at that rate will take forever.

Also I had an idea I posted so long ago about doodles, and I wonder if it would be cool. I'll try to find it :D
    EDIT: Found it!

Last edited: Apr 9, 2017
    • Like Like x 1