1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

TTR Bug encountered a fatal error. Details saved to crash.txt

Discussion in 'Toontown Rewritten Bug Reports' started by lampeczka, Jul 2, 2015.

1. lampeczka

lampeczka Gag Trainer

25%
    Just yesterday I logged on TTR without any problems. But since this morning gives me this error: "encountered a fatal error. Details saved to crash.txt". I checked threads about this issue and no action indicated there does not help. Please help me.

2. Rory

Rory Gag Trainer

25%
    Hi,

I'm getting the same error. I had to delete TTR a few days ago (it was working fine apart from the usual freezes etc) and today I decided to download it again. First time it worked but got stuck after clicking my toon, so I decided to reinstall the launcher, but I'm not getting this "encountered a fatal error. Details saved to crash.txt"

In crash.txt there is the following:

SSLError: [SSL: CERTIFICATE_VERIFY_FAILED] certificate verify failed (_ssl.c:581)
    File "<string>", line 41, in run_launcher
    File "C:\Users\Jeremy\git\pylauncher\build\start\out00-PYZ.pyz\launcher.launcher", line 123, in start
    File "C:\Users\Jeremy\git\pylauncher\build\start\out00-PYZ.pyz\fsm.FSM", line 64, in request
    File "C:\Users\Jeremy\git\pylauncher\build\start\out00-PYZ.pyz\launcher.launcher", line 157, in enterCheckForUpdates
    File "C:\Users\Jeremy\git\pylauncher\build\start\out00-PYZ.pyz\fsm.FSM", line 64, in request
    File "C:\Users\Jeremy\git\pylauncher\build\start\out00-PYZ.pyz\launcher.launcher", line 371, in enterPatch
    File "C:\Users\Jeremy\git\pylauncher\build\start\out00-PYZ.pyz\launcher.launcher", line 201, in enterGetCredentials
    File "C:\Users\Jeremy\git\pylauncher\build\start\out00-PYZ.pyz\launcher.launcher", line 228, in enterSubmitCredentials
    File "C:\Users\Jeremy\git\pylauncher\build\start\out00-PYZ.pyz\httplib", line 1001, in request
    File "C:\Users\Jeremy\git\pylauncher\build\start\out00-PYZ.pyz\httplib", line 1035, in _send_request
    File "C:\Users\Jeremy\git\pylauncher\build\start\out00-PYZ.pyz\httplib", line 997, in endheaders
    File "C:\Users\Jeremy\git\pylauncher\build\start\out00-PYZ.pyz\httplib", line 850, in _send_output
    File "C:\Users\Jeremy\git\pylauncher\build\start\out00-PYZ.pyz\httplib", line 812, in send
    File "C:\Users\Jeremy\git\pylauncher\build\start\out00-PYZ.pyz\httplib", line 1216, in connect
    File "C:\Users\Jeremy\git\pylauncher\build\start\out00-PYZ.pyz\ssl", line 350, in wrap_socket
    File "C:\Users\Jeremy\git\pylauncher\build\start\out00-PYZ.pyz\ssl", line 566, in __init__
    File "C:\Users\Jeremy\git\pylauncher\build\start\out00-PYZ.pyz\ssl", line 788, in do_handshake

I don't understand why this was working before and not now? Anyone experienced and resolved the same issue?

Thanks

Rory

3. QLM1717
    Cheerful

QLM1717 Elite Toon KTTA TTR Beta Tester

100%
    You can either run as admin or if that doesn't work uninstall and reinstall the launcher.

4. Rory

Rory Gag Trainer

25%
    Thanks for your quick reply, I really appreciate it.

Running as admin doesn't solve the issue. Reinstalling the launcher doesn't either, as I tried that earlier (it also takes hours and I don't think that's the solution).

Any other way around it?

Thanks

Rory

5. QLM1717
    Cheerful

100%
    None that I know of except if the graphics card on your computer is really old and doesn't work.

6. Rory

Rory Gag Trainer

25%
    Well it was working the other day, that's what I don't understand?

If it helps: when it worked a few days ago, when I opened the launcher it would check for updates. Ever since, it has had an error on the tv screen bit saying "Unable to check for launcher updates". I don't know if this issue is related or if it's something else.
    Also, I just typed in my username and password in incorrectly when signing in to the launcher, and it didn't even come up with incorrect user/pass, the error just came up.

Thanks

Rory

7. QLM1717
    Cheerful

100%
    Oh. It might take a little for it to update. It does that to me too. If it doesn't update then I don't know what to do. Also, I believe admin helps with lag too.

8. Rory

Rory Gag Trainer

25%
    Nope it still does't update.

Okay well I'll see if anyone else has a solution. Thanks anyway :)

Rory

9. QLM1717
    Cheerful

100%
    Your welcome. Hopefully it works and you don't have to buy a new computer.

10. Rory

Rory Gag Trainer

25%
    Ha ha that would suck.

11. Prof. Trickypretzel
    Gloomy

Prof. Trickypretzel Gag Trainer

60%
    I have had this issue, with the "crash.txt" thing but I just ignored it as I could just re-log back in. It might be something with the computer you have, mine still lets me log back in after opening a new TTR game browser. I'm not sure of the solution, though, or the "crash.txt" document.

12. That Ape

That Ape Gag Trainer

35%
    I'm getting the exact same crash.txt file suddenly, so you're not the only one out there seeing this message!

13. 8kows

8kows Gag Trainer

25%
    Me too. Have tried uninstalling, uninstalling and manually deleting all ttr files, running as admin, restoring previous versions, changing the compatibility. So far nothing has worked.
    It was working fine until about a week ago and then I started getting the error message. I've emailed support but have not heard back yet.

14. little cheesyknees
    Angry

little cheesyknees Gag Trainer TTR Beta Tester

25%
    New computer 1 month ago. Toontown worked fine. Tried to play today and I am getting the same message. Fatal error. Uninstalled and reinstalled launcher. PLEASE fix!!!

15. Djcloud84
    Angry

Djcloud84 Cog Crusher ATTA Supporter

35%
    Maybe your not uninstalling a part of the launcher so try to delete it all

16. LukeToon
    In-Love

LukeToon New Toon KTTA ATTA Supporter

40%
    What you should do is install malwarebytes and scan then delete the viruses found. I know this is stupid but It worked for me plus it makes ur pc kinda faster too. When you go to malarebytes.com you want to wait till a think pops up saying free download. Press it then it will go to a page then it will download. Idek what will pop up next but when you download it press scan. it takes up to an hour or like 20 or 30 minutes.

17. Tristin
    Relaxed

Tristin Cog Crusher

60%
    I have recently been gifted a new laptop and the issue I had with the crashes was due to my integrated graphics card running as the default. Toontown does not seem to like it at all. Changing the processor to the NVIDIA has eliminated all the crashes.

upload_2019-1-6_17-32-38.png

Seems to have worked for me and I have no further issues. Not sure if this is exactly the same as your issue, so it may not help.

My crash log was not helpful. What may be more helpful is the following IF you're running Windows 10.

Right Click your start Menu Icon to get this menu

upload_2019-1-6_17-34-1.png

Go into Event Viewer > Custom Views > Administrative Events

If you check the time you crashed at when you do, check this log and it will give you details on what failed when your game crashed.

upload_2019-1-6_17-35-8.png

This was the error I was getting. I googled the ig9icd32.dll and that .dll is the integrated Intel graphics driver failing. Now that I've changed it to the NVIDIA I have had no issues since.

This is only for Win10 though. When I was playing on Win8 with my old laptop I never had any crash issues - just lag issues because it was a notebook and not powerful enough for gaming. :p

If this helps even one person then that's a start! :)