1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

TTR Bug encountered a fatal error. Details saved to crash.txt

Discussion in 'Toontown Rewritten Bug Reports' started by lampeczka, Jul 2, 2015.

1. lampeczka

lampeczka Gag Trainer

25%
    Just yesterday I logged on TTR without any problems. But since this morning gives me this error: "encountered a fatal error. Details saved to crash.txt". I checked threads about this issue and no action indicated there does not help. Please help me.

2. Rory

Rory Gag Trainer

25%
    Hi,

I'm getting the same error. I had to delete TTR a few days ago (it was working fine apart from the usual freezes etc) and today I decided to download it again. First time it worked but got stuck after clicking my toon, so I decided to reinstall the launcher, but I'm not getting this "encountered a fatal error. Details saved to crash.txt"

In crash.txt there is the following:

SSLError: [SSL: CERTIFICATE_VERIFY_FAILED] certificate verify failed (_ssl.c:581)
    File "<string>", line 41, in run_launcher
    File "C:\Users\Jeremy\git\pylauncher\build\start\out00-PYZ.pyz\launcher.launcher", line 123, in start
    File "C:\Users\Jeremy\git\pylauncher\build\start\out00-PYZ.pyz\fsm.FSM", line 64, in request
    File "C:\Users\Jeremy\git\pylauncher\build\start\out00-PYZ.pyz\launcher.launcher", line 157, in enterCheckForUpdates
    File "C:\Users\Jeremy\git\pylauncher\build\start\out00-PYZ.pyz\fsm.FSM", line 64, in request
    File "C:\Users\Jeremy\git\pylauncher\build\start\out00-PYZ.pyz\launcher.launcher", line 371, in enterPatch
    File "C:\Users\Jeremy\git\pylauncher\build\start\out00-PYZ.pyz\launcher.launcher", line 201, in enterGetCredentials
    File "C:\Users\Jeremy\git\pylauncher\build\start\out00-PYZ.pyz\launcher.launcher", line 228, in enterSubmitCredentials
    File "C:\Users\Jeremy\git\pylauncher\build\start\out00-PYZ.pyz\httplib", line 1001, in request
    File "C:\Users\Jeremy\git\pylauncher\build\start\out00-PYZ.pyz\httplib", line 1035, in _send_request
    File "C:\Users\Jeremy\git\pylauncher\build\start\out00-PYZ.pyz\httplib", line 997, in endheaders
    File "C:\Users\Jeremy\git\pylauncher\build\start\out00-PYZ.pyz\httplib", line 850, in _send_output
    File "C:\Users\Jeremy\git\pylauncher\build\start\out00-PYZ.pyz\httplib", line 812, in send
    File "C:\Users\Jeremy\git\pylauncher\build\start\out00-PYZ.pyz\httplib", line 1216, in connect
    File "C:\Users\Jeremy\git\pylauncher\build\start\out00-PYZ.pyz\ssl", line 350, in wrap_socket
    File "C:\Users\Jeremy\git\pylauncher\build\start\out00-PYZ.pyz\ssl", line 566, in __init__
    File "C:\Users\Jeremy\git\pylauncher\build\start\out00-PYZ.pyz\ssl", line 788, in do_handshake

I don't understand why this was working before and not now? Anyone experienced and resolved the same issue?

Thanks

Rory

3. QLM1717
    Cheerful

QLM1717 Elite Toon KTTA TTR Beta Tester

100%
    You can either run as admin or if that doesn't work uninstall and reinstall the launcher.

4. Rory

Rory Gag Trainer

25%
    Thanks for your quick reply, I really appreciate it.

Running as admin doesn't solve the issue. Reinstalling the launcher doesn't either, as I tried that earlier (it also takes hours and I don't think that's the solution).

Any other way around it?

Thanks

Rory

5. QLM1717
    Cheerful

100%
    None that I know of except if the graphics card on your computer is really old and doesn't work.

6. Rory

Rory Gag Trainer

25%
    Well it was working the other day, that's what I don't understand?

If it helps: when it worked a few days ago, when I opened the launcher it would check for updates. Ever since, it has had an error on the tv screen bit saying "Unable to check for launcher updates". I don't know if this issue is related or if it's something else.
    Also, I just typed in my username and password in incorrectly when signing in to the launcher, and it didn't even come up with incorrect user/pass, the error just came up.

Thanks

Rory

7. QLM1717
    Cheerful

100%
    Oh. It might take a little for it to update. It does that to me too. If it doesn't update then I don't know what to do. Also, I believe admin helps with lag too.

8. Rory

Rory Gag Trainer

25%
    Nope it still does't update.

Okay well I'll see if anyone else has a solution. Thanks anyway :)

Rory

9. QLM1717
    Cheerful

100%
    Your welcome. Hopefully it works and you don't have to buy a new computer.

10. Rory

Rory Gag Trainer

25%
    Ha ha that would suck.

11. Prof. Trickypretzel
    Gloomy

Prof. Trickypretzel Gag Trainer

60%
    I have had this issue, with the "crash.txt" thing but I just ignored it as I could just re-log back in. It might be something with the computer you have, mine still lets me log back in after opening a new TTR game browser. I'm not sure of the solution, though, or the "crash.txt" document.

12. That Ape

That Ape Gag Trainer

35%
    I'm getting the exact same crash.txt file suddenly, so you're not the only one out there seeing this message!

13. 8kows

8kows Gag Trainer

25%
    Me too. Have tried uninstalling, uninstalling and manually deleting all ttr files, running as admin, restoring previous versions, changing the compatibility. So far nothing has worked.
    It was working fine until about a week ago and then I started getting the error message. I've emailed support but have not heard back yet.

14. little cheesyknees
    Angry

little cheesyknees Gag Trainer TTR Beta Tester

25%
    New computer 1 month ago. Toontown worked fine. Tried to play today and I am getting the same message. Fatal error. Uninstalled and reinstalled launcher. PLEASE fix!!!

15. Djcloud84
    Stressed

Djcloud84 Cog Crusher ATTA Supporter

35%
    Maybe your not uninstalling a part of the launcher so try to delete it all