1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Encountered a Fatal Error

Discussion in 'Toontown Rewritten Bug Reports' started by Tiny Bubbles, Apr 10, 2019.

1. Tiny Bubbles

Tiny Bubbles New Toon

Last night I started getting the message "Encountered a Fatal Error. Details Saved to Crash.txt" every time I attempted to launch the game. Before I go on I will add I did email the TTR support team regarding this issue. I thought I would post here in case someone had this similar error and found a solution before they are able to get back to me.

Between my husband and I, we tried everything that is suggested on the troubleshooting page (uninstalling and reinstalling the game, running as administrator, checking accessibility with our antivirus software, checking compatibility modes, plus more).

The Crash txt message that comes up is :
    WindowsError: [Error 1450] Insufficient system resources exist to complete the requested service
    File "<string>", line 41, in run_launcher
    File "launcher\launcher.py", line 124, in start
    File "fsm\FSM.py", line 64, in request
    File "launcher\launcher.py", line 188, in enterCheckForUpdates
    File "launcher\launcher.py", line 372, in enterPatch
    File "launcher\launcher.py", line 202, in enterGetCredentials
    File "launcher\launcher.py", line 232, in enterSubmitCredentials
    File "launcher\launcher.py", line 288, in enterLoginResponse
    File "launcher\launcher.py", line 391, in enterLaunchGame
    File "subprocess.py", line 710, in __init__
    File "subprocess.py", line 958, in _execute_child

One thing to note is, this happened after my game crashed due to a brief internet drop. Although I have lost connection for internet drops before, this is the first time I have encountered this error and been unable to immediately log back onto the game.

My PC is a gaming PC and only about 6 months old. It has lots of RAM, fast CPU, lots of free disc space, updated drivers for my graphics card and I am able to log onto and play other games without an issue. My laptop, that is over 5 years old plays TTR without an issue (although it can't play some of the other games I have easily).

I would much prefer to play on my new desktop, so any help would be greatly appreciated!

2. Tiny Bubbles

Tiny Bubbles New Toon

I wanted to add that we were able to copy the TTR game folder from my laptop onto my desktop. This did not fix the issue.

3. Tiny Bubbles

Tiny Bubbles New Toon

Sorry for another post, but there does not seem to be an option to edit my previous posts. I wanted to add that I was able to fix my issue after doing some online searching of 2 different issues I experienced.

The first thing I found was a suggestion to uninstall McAfee antivirus program since it often interferes with some programs. Although we use Malwarebytes, my PC came with McAfee already installed. We thought it was turned off, however we found it had turned on at some point. After the uninstall, I was finally able to log onto the game.

However, the game crashed once again after a few minutes and I came up with a different Fatal Error. This time it said "the requested file could not be found". I was also notified through Windows Defender that there was a Threat on my PC. Every time I would try to launch the game now, I received this fatal error message and the same Threat identified through Windows Defender. Once again I did some google research and found that many anti-virus softwares identify some of TTR's programs as a threat and they need to be excluded. Thanks to the swift response from Thomas from the support team, he confirmed that what we were seeing was not a threat and that we needed to exclude the TTREngine.exe program (which is what we had done). As a result, I am able to log onto TTR without and issue.

I am hoping this information is helpful to someone who may be having either of these issues.