1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Evoking a Theory of Cog Attacks

Discussion in 'Main Forum' started by SnowTT, May 6, 2018.

1. SnowTT
    Amazed

SnowTT Gag Trainer

35%
    I have a curious question to ask: how does a cog attack, such as a pink slip, a power trip, a water cooler, a clip-on tie, or a downsize, affect the toon physically? Or, would it actual induce mental damage upon the toon? What do you think would happen if cog attacks were also inflicted upon a regular, normal human being?

Best Regards,
    Snow

• Disagree Disagree x 1
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  2. FantariaTempesta
    Pensive

FantariaTempesta Forever Tumbling Down (x3) ATTA Supporter TTR Beta Tester

100%
    It'd kill them instantly.
    Same thing to a human.
    :)

3. louisvuitoon&sillydroopy
    No Mood

louisvuitoon&sillydroopy Cog Crusher TTR Beta Tester

35%
    :fearscream:
    This is an existential question lol :)
    Honestly, I don't know how cogs attacks would affect humans, but I'm pretty sure something like Drops Safe, Toontanic, 1 Ton weight, Piano and some Traps as TNT or Train would be even worse than cogs attacks !
    One thing is sure, this game is pretty violent if we look at toons and cogs attacks !

Last edited: May 7, 2018
    • Funny Funny x 1
  4. Lady Coconut
    Goofy

Lady Coconut Elite Toon ATTA Supporter TTR Beta Tester

100%
    This is an existential crisis of the Tooniverse!! And also a very good question, lol. I imagine it probably affects toons mentally more than physically, hence becoming "sad" (or depressed if you wanna get dark lol). It probably hurts their toony little souls to think the cogs want to rid of them so badly they're willing to resort to violence and mental abuse! (Of course the toons aren't too much better with their traps and lures and such :p)
    My question is how do they acquire their attacks: would it be the same as how toons buy gags from the gag shop? Maybe cogs buy their attacks from the factories or buildings. Or maybe they're created with an unlimited amount of attack power, which is also why their damage isn't as much as what toons can throw their way. Hmm a very interesting thought for sure! I can't wait to see what other toons think about it! :D

• Like Like x 1
  5. SnowTT
    Amazed

SnowTT Gag Trainer

35%
    I do think that they could have some bottom-less inventory safe that contains their limitless amounts of gags to wield in battle. Otherwise, how could they stand to fight against a toon for infinity?

I also like your proposal on the potential theory of Cog Attacks. Quite interesting, though, I wonder how so would they be mentally affected. Would it give them a panic attack, a flashback of a remorseful memory, or anxiety over the pressure of real life?

• Like Like x 1
  6. Lady Coconut
    Goofy

100%
    Hmm...maybe it would affect them with anxiety or pressure from the Chairman to take over Toontown (and we all know they're not winning so that could create a lot of pressure in their society). Or maybe, since they're just robots and possibly don't have much free mental will and such, maybe that's why it affects them more physically, hence why they actually explode, instead of just going sad back to their factory playgrounds lol I have never thought too much about this before, but this is really fun just wondering what really does happen inside the toons' and cogs' heads and bodies when we're all in battle.

I wonder what kind of remorseful memories a cog might have....

7. SnowTT
    Amazed

SnowTT Gag Trainer

35%
    For a cog, at least in my hypothesis, I think that the reason they explode is due to too much happiness and laughter which kind of works since laughing has been described as being 'explosive', in order to emulate the vibrant, sudden energy, in the past. Though you have well mentioned that the cogs do require an analysis on how theor defeat would really work, I'm actually more interested in the tools as it's more a matter of charting the unknown interaction of realism and toonish behavior. How the composition of negative energy works and if the effects of a cog attack is really generalized is what I would like to zone in.

• Like Like x 2
  8. louisvuitoon&sillydroopy
    No Mood

louisvuitoon&sillydroopy Cog Crusher TTR Beta Tester

35%
    Yeah you're right ! I didn't realized but Cogs don't likes jokes, as they said in the original Scrooge McDuck intro. They are too serious to play with squirting flower... and they get distracted from their mission : business. Contrary to toons, which are affected by Cogs seriousness (Cogs attacks are Notice, Paper Sheets, Ink, Tie...) and become sad as it's boring/not fun, Cogs explode due to Toons' silliness.
    I think it's a good hypothesis, even if I played during 10 years without asking myself this question, now I feel really concerned about it looool !

• Like Like x 2
  9. Prof. Flapjack
    Energetic

Prof. Flapjack Elite Toon
    ATTA Supporter TTR Beta Tester

100%
    (havent read above comments)

The actual lore reason to your question is that, gloomy, sad, business makes toons, well, sad.

They don't physically hurt toons, since toons cannot die, only be erased if their laff gets to 0 (which is almost impossible unless a cogs disable it since your laff meter saves you right before and you get teleported to the playground).

As for cogs, they cannot handle laughter caused by the gags so they explode after the laughter gets so intense.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Justinbk
    Doh

Justinbk Forum Moderator Cast Member Forum Moderator TTR Beta Tester

100%
    Humans are a lot less durable. As seen in Who Framed Roger Rabbit the source for toontown, while a human character dies from being crushed by a piano and a cartoon character gets run over and lives. Toons do have their weakness though as seen in the movie. In the case of this game, it's more morale damage than anything.

• Like Like x 1
  11. Cheyenne Sweet
    Bashful

Cheyenne Sweet Gag Trainer

60%
    Well, how would you feel if you were to get a pink slip? :p

12. Lady Coconut
    Goofy

100%
    Haha good point! :p I wonder if the cogs actually have emotions to feel some way about it, or if they're just your plain ole average corporate takeover robots with no emotions just the drive to spread their agenda? lol This is so fun!

13. SnowTT
    Amazed

SnowTT Gag Trainer

35%
    So if the attacks emitted from the cogs makes toon sad, are we to assume that toons also know the meaning of these attacks in a literal sense?
    --- Double Post Merged, May 15, 2018, Original Post Date: May 15, 2018 ---
    But what about effects from the cogs? Would they employ a moral damage towards us humans? Or, would something like a golf ball give us a bruise?

Would the cogs physically assaulting us or somehow demoralizing us?
    --- Double Post Merged, May 15, 2018 ---
    I'd feel like crud. Huh, I guess it's that simple... but what about past that? Does it make me attack the cog? Does it make me depress and turn away, immobile to resists? I know I would feel depress, but what about the general public in theory?

• Like Like x 2
  14. Lady Coconut
    Goofy

100%
    I guess that would depend on how strong you are (aka how high your laff is, lol) I think if anyone kept continually getting tripped up, robbed, bullied, etc. enough they would get sad or depressed, though as most of us know, some people are stronger than others. Maybe it's the same or similar to how toon's build their laff, I know I wasn't nearly as "strong" and resilient against that kinda stuff when I was younger as opposed to now. I guess I've done my fair share of Life Toontasks! :p