1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Fishing Guide/Method

Discussion in 'Game Guides' started by Kitt Kitt Lou, Dec 19, 2013.

1. Priimarily
    Cool

Priimarily Hall of Fame
    Hall of Fame Toontown Rewritten Staff TTR Beta Tester

100%
  2. Deputy Mac Octospeed
    Cheerful

Deputy Mac Octospeed Gag Trainer

25%
    Nice guide. Currently on Hardwood rod so waiting for the next rods to come out on the catalogue.

Regarding the 50 buckets a day. Does it have to be a minimum of 50 buckets?

3. madamoiselle--soleil
    Bashful

madamoiselle--soleil Hall of Fame Hall of Fame ATTA Supporter TTR Beta Tester

100%
    Question for anyone willing to answer: Wouldn't it just be beneficial to do fishing at DDL with the Steel Rod as it's one less jellybean per cast? Up until the point of being able to buy the Gold Rod anyway. Idk, just wondering what others think.

4. otobot1

otobot1 Gag Trainer ATTA Supporter TTR Beta Tester

25%
    I'm no expert, but it's probably easier to catch the full moon fish with a gold rod. I don't know the exact weight range for the full moon fish, but the upper end of it might be too heavy for the steel rod. Also, I read somewhere that ultra rares like the devil ray are actually less rare with the gold rod.

5. Gamergye
    Lurking

Gamergye Cog Crusher ATTA Supporter TTR Beta Tester

60%
    If I had known better, I would have first caught all of the fish possible with a wooden rod, then moved on to the next rod and repeated this until every fish was caught. This would increase the chances of catching different fish, because there's a smaller pool of possible fish to catch. I, for one feel as though once you buy a new rod you should be able to go back and use an older rod not only for the reason that I mentioned above, but also because of the price per cast.

6. otobot1

25%
    That's what I thought in TTO, and that is actually untrue. You would think that having a smaller pool of fish would make it faster, but the actual % chances of the rare fish is much higher for the gold rods. I followed that method, the Matt Wild Horse method explained here The Fishing Plan - MMO Central Forums , in TTO and the method in this thread in TTR. This method is much, much faster. True, you might make more money with a smaller rod, but even with a gold rod I am making insane amounts of money fishing 30-50 buckets a day. The only issue I could see with price per cast is jellybean jar size. But there is no way around that I guess. For myself, the gold rod only came available the day after I got my 200 bean jar so I was fine.

7. Gamergye
    Lurking

60%
    I'm not talking about the rare fish though which is why in the end you'd want the gold rod. I'll give a real life example here: On two separate toons I fished using both methods. On my main account I quickly bought the gold rod as soon as possible, which is what many people do but I'm still missing some of the easier fish to get which one would land faster with a lower rod type. On my other toon, I made sure to catch all of the easy-semi rare fish with a wood twig/bamboo rod and I was able to fairly easily. Less fish to catch = higher percentage regardless of how rare the fish are. That being said, when using a bamboo rod you will without a doubt catch less really rare fish, but those can all be caught at a later time.

8. otobot1

25%
    Ya, but you will spend more time getting all 70 fish if you follow Matt's method. And that's what really matters. I don't want to get to like 62 fish again fairly quickly like on TTO and then spend months catching the ultras. I mean, I'm in no rush to catch the easy fish. They're easy to catch, and you'll catch quite a few of them while you get the ultras. My main concern is catching the devil ray in 200 buckets instead of 2000.

9. Prof. Flapjack
    Energetic

Prof. Flapjack Elite Toon
    ATTA Supporter TTR Beta Tester

100%
    Its open Beta (EDIT: Oh god, i forgot this is an old thread!)

10. Gamergye
    Lurking

60%
    This is true, but the reason that I'm doubtful is because I've tested both methods myself! Plus, either way when you're fishing with a gold rod regardless of how many catches you have prior, the number of fish total remains the same.

11. papandbuddyb
    Breezy

papandbuddyb Cog Crusher KTTA TTR Beta Tester TTR Alpha Tester

10%
    what if you have 60 fish and you have the gold rod will it still work

12. Kate
    Hot

Kate Forum Moderator Cast Member Forum Moderator KTTA TTR Beta Tester

100%
    I have no idea if I've already posted in this thread or not, but I've started using this guide and plan to continue. I just caught my first devil ray in all my near 10 years of playing! Thanks so much!

UPDATE (day after): I caught a concord a few minutes ago! It's working so far :D

Last edited: Jul 15, 2015
    • Like Like x 1
  13. otobot1

25%
    Lucky you haha. I'm 4500 fish in and I still haven't caught the devil ray.

14. Kitt Kitt Lou
    Innocent

Kitt Kitt Lou Elite Toon

100%
    For those who want proof whether this "more species harder fish, less species easier fish" works or not, I suggest you make 2 different toons because I've already tested it myself back in TTO. Using those 2 toons, wait for (or keep fishing until) Hardwood Rod. Do NOT fish in Donald's Dock.

One 1 toon, catch 30000 fish with the in ONE playground (DDL). On the other toon catch a total of 30000 fish with playground switches in between (DDL/Brrrgh/MML/). AFTER 30000 total fish caught, keep fishing until you get your next fish species and then stop immediately.

By that point, make sure that the toon who fishes in different playgrounds has 48+ fish species caught. Make sure that the toon who fishes in DDL only catches 43- fish.

Now, they should have the same amount of TOTAL caught fish, but with different number of species. Go to LIGHTHOUSE LANE and fish for the Old King Crab and then to ELM STREET for Siamese Cat Fish.

I tried this two times in TTO, and have found that the toon with less species caught those two fish first.

I have also tried a better experiment:
    Two toons: one who fishes in ALL playgrounds and one who fishes in DDL only. After 25000 casts (44 species and 64 species), I fished for Full Moon Fish on both toons and got it on the 44 species caught toon 30000 fish casts earlier than the 64 species caught toon.

After continuing this fishing experiment, the 44 species caught toon maxed fishing 170000 fish casts earlier than the 64 species caught toon.
    Respectively, Grand Flames and Kitt Kitt Lou. (Getting fishing maxed on KKL was a too tedious)

Also, if you still won't believe this it's not really my fault. It cannot be proved with screenshots nor videos.

1. Screenshot proofs can be biased.
    2. Video proofs will take long.

15. Whens Dinner
    Question

Whens Dinner Elite Toon

100%

I myself have used this method, I've also used Matt Wildhorses guide. This method maxed faster in my experience as well. This is now the basis for my method of fishing. Everything I do goes back to this I simply have my own preferred order of doing things. In my experience as a fisher toon upgrading the rod and then starting while staying at the same playground until you get it is really the only way to go. There is no short cut. There is no magic wand that will make you catch that fish.

Its so hard to get an adequate sample size, therefore we will likely never know the exact hands down no questions left best way to max fishing from a mathematical standpoint. We can use our knowledge and common sense however and this method utilizes both.

Quite simply, it's common sense - the hardest fish to catch are the Ultra Rares, the hardest of those are the ones only found in one playground or street where the fewest other Ultra Rares can be caught. Catch those fish first, and you'll catch everything else in those ponds while you're at it and never waste a single cast that wasn't eventually taking you to that one Ultra Rare. Move on to the next Ultra Rare and do the same thing, you're still always working towards that fish and never wasting casts. If you catch all the Ultra Rares then go fish around and you'll catch the easier fish in no time continuing the pattern of the hardest fish first. By doing this you are mathematically reducing the number of fish you need to catch because you never fish for a fish you would have caught fishing for another fish.
    --- Double Post Merged, Jul 24, 2015, Original Post Date: Jul 24, 2015 ---
    You should still do Ultra-rares first (especially because you're not out anything by doing so you already have 6/7 boosts and wont get the last one until you get em all) but you wont be benefiting from this nearly as much as someone who followed Kitt's guide. At least this way though, if you accidentally get one of the other fish you haven't caught you didn't have to work for it.

• Like Like x 1
  16. Hypnotize
    Bored

Hypnotize Gag Trainer

25%
    Wow, Thanks :eek: Maybe I can max something in TTR now xD

17. Professor Brainiac
    Artistic

Professor Brainiac Forum Moderator Cast Member Forum Moderator KTTA ATTA Supporter TTR Beta Tester

100%
    On my alt, Chocolate Bunny, I've only caught 3 species. I'm waiting until I get the Gold Rod before I start fishing (aside from tasks)
    My problem is that I didn't know that you have to buy ALL of the rods before it. For example, I saw the bamboo rod appear, but I didn't buy it. The next month, the hardwood rod didn't appear. In its place was the bamboo rod. Since I missed the hardwood rod when it was supposed to come out, will it appear in the next cattlelog, or will it appear in another month, if at all?

18. Kafeara

Kafeara New Toon

Sorry but this is false. It still takes the same number of buckets regardless if you catch them first or last. I've tested this method numerous times and it still took me the same amount of buckets. It has nothing to do with how many species you've caught.

19. Hydrochloric Acid
    Bored

Hydrochloric Acid New Toon ATTA Supporter

40%
    @Kafeara EEEEEEEEEEEEEE NECRO POST REPORT REPORT!!!!:eek::confused2::(

:D JK :) ;):(:oops::oops::oops::oops:

20. Teeth

Teeth Elite Toon TTR Beta Tester

100%
    why are you commenting on a thread from 2013

• Like Like x 1