1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Gain control over Cog Attacks

Discussion in 'Game Suggestions' started by Toonling, Aug 17, 2014.

1. Toonling
    Cheerful

Toonling Cog Crusher ATTA Supporter TTR Beta Tester

60%
    I think it is unfair that when a Cog attacks you, the chance of it missing or hitting is based entirely on luck. Of course, it can't be made easy to avoid even the lowest levelled Cog Attacks, else the whole game would be far too easy. I think it should be hard to avoid any Cog Attacks, however, it would also be dependent on the Cog Attack being used, and the strength of the Cog Attack.

I have thought of this suggestion highly, and I noticed that sometimes I personally press keyboard arrows or the CTRL key to try and avoid different attacks, even though it doesn't change the possibility.

For the following attacks:

Paradigm Shift
    Power Trip
    Synergy
    Tremor
    Quake
    Shake
    Guilt Trip
    Rub Out

There should be an ability to:
    Press the CTRL key in sequence with the attack to miss the attack. There should be large words which appear on the screen saying 'CTRL' for a very short amount of time, the stronger the attack, the quicker the words will appear then disappear. They should only appear for a time period of 0.1 seconds maximum, and a minimum of 0.02 seconds.

Perhaps there should also be the ability to press several controls at once to miss an attack, or an ability to have to press a series of arrow key controls.

Last edited: Aug 17, 2014
    • Like Like x 1
  2. Honoka
    Cheerful

Honoka Cog Crusher TTR Beta Tester

60%
    I'd really like some kind of way to make attacks miss more. Right now its really bad how we can't dodge as much as cogs can.
    My gags end up missing like around 30% of the time. In TTO, they never missed as much as they do now.
    This is a brilliant idea, and I completely support it. :)

• Like Like x 1
  3. Isaiah
    Doh

Isaiah Cog Crusher

85%
    Hmm i may agree to disagree on this. Because honestly some toons would get to the point where they had the button down and pact where the cog would never miss because they are so good at doing it. I think the toon to cog ratio on missing should just be the same.

4. iJepa

iJepa New Toon

The TTR battle system is completely fair in my opinion, the game would be way too easy if you had the option to avoid attacks. The miss/hit ratio of a cogs attack is okay in TTR, I've been in battles where the cog misses repeatedly. Plus we have the ability to attack first giving us an advantage over the cogs, if anything TTR should be a bit more challenging then TTO. Once you've maxed your gag tracks and obtained a decent amount of laff points battles were easy.

5. Toonling
    Cheerful

Toonling Cog Crusher ATTA Supporter TTR Beta Tester

60%
    There are very mixed opinions on this, I personally dislike how the battles are completeley luck based, however perhaps that is the best method. I only suggested the Keyboard method, however there are probably many other ways of determining if a cog attacks hits or misses. The thing with Cogs is that they have infinite attacks, unlike Toons.

• Like Like x 1
  6. gurudude

gurudude Cog Crusher TTR Beta Tester

10%
    I see where you're going with here, but the system can be insanely abused

7. Terranort
    Inspired

Terranort Elite Toon KTTA TTR Beta Tester

100%
    The idea sounds nice, but after a long time of practice, the cogs will never hit you. To me, that actually makes the game boring because then it would be too easy. What would be the point of training in buildings and doing the cream pie task if you never have the slightest chance of going sad?

8. gurudude

gurudude Cog Crusher TTR Beta Tester

10%
    Indeed. You understand