1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How did you come up with your toon's name?

Discussion in 'Game Polls' started by Stinkerbell, Feb 20, 2018.

1. Stinkerbell
    Mischievious

Stinkerbell New Toon ATTA Supporter

40%
    Title says it all! I'm just curious. :)

Stinkerbell - she's a black cat and I loved the idea of a "devious" version of Tinkerbell
    Lady Twiddleseed - my first toon ever on TTO. I made her when I was 8ish or so, and just clicked through the entire tutorial. Couldn't help but remake her.
    Penny Lane - love the Beatles. One of my favorite songs.
    This Lil' Piggy - the nursery rhyme lol.
    Hot Diggity Dog - I just liked the saying from the cattelog.
    Beanie - the nickname my grandma called me growing up. No idea how she came up with it, but she still calls me this!

• Like Like x 1
  2. Loveless
    Chatty

Loveless Something in you lit up heaven in me KTTA ATTA Supporter TTR Beta Tester

100%
    Jurassic Pork - Wanted a pig, and spent forever trying to get an original pun.

Cog Enemy Number One - It sounded unique, and "toony"

U.R. My Sunshine - Lullaby

Can't be bothered to do this for every name xddd

• Creative Creative x 1
  3. Adorkable Mousie
    Innocent

Adorkable Mousie Cute Adorkable Toon :D TTR Beta Tester

100%
    I pretty much make all my toons cute and dorky, usually use the same colors for all of them and have them wear the square frame glasses if they have it, attach a form of adorkable in front of every name since they are dorks and adorable, and the last part of the name is the animal they are with -ie at the end of every name. Very creative I know but I love them all :blush:

4. Miniapollo17
    Busy

Miniapollo17 Social Media Team Cast Member Social Media Mini Mod

100%
    I just thought Granny peaches was a funny name for some reason, and decided to grab it :p

5. Megabutter
    Cold

Megabutter Elite Toon

100%
    Heroic Blazefire Soundless

Sounds cool, doesn’t mean much

Sanctuary

Based on the Wizard101 spell, because the toon protects others.

Cosmic Tiedye

Sounds awesome and refers to the nighttime stars.

• Like Like x 1
  6. twinkleberry
    Bored

twinkleberry Elite Toon
    ATTA Supporter TTR Beta Tester

100%
    Dee Dee Twinkleberry - Was my first toon on TTO. Made when I was about 5 or so, the name doesn't really mean anything.
    Dannie - I really wanted a toon named "Dani", but I'd already seen a ton of others with the same name, so I changed up the spelling.
    Crimson Calamities - Based around Harry Style's music and "Perks of Being a Wallflower" (a movie).

7. Daffni
    Nerdy

Daffni Cog Crusher TTR Beta Tester

85%
    Daffni -
    Spin off of Daffy Duck from Looney Tunes for a girl
    Rust -
    Thought it was nice. I like one word toon names.
    Trix -
    She's a bunny ( like the Trix cereal bunny)
    Faline -
    My deer ( name from Bambi)

8. Gett'n Fangy
    Fiendish

Gett'n Fangy New Toon

40%
    King Fangs - I'm a Bunnicula fan, and read all of the books as a kid. It's pure nostalgia to me, but I'd stay away from the new show. (Yeesh, I understand that this stuff has to be adapted for a new audience, but axing a character, fusing two together, and making the main bunny an annoying mess? No thanks! )
    Pokey - Gumby's best friend, and the cutest orange horse to be put in some cowboy gear.
    Voodoo - A perrfect name for a tiny black kitty, if you ask me. The Black Sabbath song inspired this one.
    Clever Girl - Should be right at home with any other meme inspired names, great for the scaley types.

I'm loving the names you guys are posting, I hope to see some more soon!

9. That Soundless Horse
    No Mood

That Soundless Horse that pessimistic soundless horse TTR Beta Tester

100%
    My main is simply recreated from tto
    Silent Neigh was a really bad pun idea I got
    Benny (another mml toon I have) is when I played too much fallout New Vegas

10. soundwave12345
    Asleep

soundwave12345 Gag Trainer TTR Beta Tester

10%
    Wall-E because I am huge fan of Wall-E movie. Also movie is so cute.

• Like Like x 1
  11. Celestria
    Spaced

Celestria Gag Trainer ATTA Supporter TTR Beta Tester

60%
    My original username for my black cat was Superstition as a play on black cats in irl being seen as superstitious. However, I changed my username because there was a troll who was acting like me with the same username as mine. I recently changed my username to Celestria. This was a play on the term "celestial" meaning the relation to the sky or visible heavens; the sun, moon, and stars are all celestial bodies. Being a black cat, I thought it was suitable.

My other toon I have been playing frequently is a deer named Sleighlor Moon. Again, another play on the name "Sailor Moon," an anime. I used sleighlor instead of sailor as a play on words to represent my deer as a reindeer.

• Like Like x 1
  12. Lady Coconut
    Goofy

Lady Coconut Elite Toon ATTA Supporter TTR Beta Tester

100%
    Omg I freaking love you right now that is so beautiful!! :hearteyes::joycat:

13. PrincessPastelTTR
    Gloomy

PrincessPastelTTR Cog Crusher ATTA Supporter TTR Beta Tester

10%
    Abby - my irl name (oops i exposed myself)
    Swan Songs - Hollywood Undead album
    Partner in Crime - Song by Set it Off (Partners in Crime), renaming to Running from Innocence (lyric from girls your age by transviolet)

yes i love music :^)

14. A Person
    Spaced

A Person Elite Toon

100%
    Uh uh uh. I’ll just name my first group of toons
    Duke Coconut Bananasped - TTO toon except I didn’t realize you could choose what parts of a name you wanted so the “Duke” was added. (Oops)

Brevity - I like that word. I first read it in “The Phantom Tollbooth

Rhetor Riddiculus - I take Latin. A rhetor in Ancient Rome was a teacher of speech, debate and persuasive speaking. Riddiculus is a lame play on the word Ridiculous. Also I was trying to imitate how the names Doctor Surlee and Professor Prepostera were made.

Cat Astro Phee - My first lame attempt at puns. AKA this isn’t even a pun. Catastrophe with an extra e. Thank you for the praise.

Hot Chocolate - I like hot chocolate. I have a really good friend named Dark Chocolate and I was intending to make a whole group of toons like Hot Chocolate, White Chocolate, Dark Chocolate, Milk Chocolate, etc. but I got bored so I left it that way.

• Like Like x 1
  15. Remedy11037
    Sweettooth

Remedy11037 New Toon

40%
    Remedy - Originally was supposed to be Rem but then I thought of Remedy and thought it fit better.
    Zenith - I thought the name really described my toon, I felt he was powerful.
    Little Beantoes - Cats have little beans for toes and I thought that was really cute.
    Suga - The name of a member of BTS.
    Kuro - The Japanese word for black, hence why I made her a black cat.
    Serendipity - The name of a beautiful song that I fell in love with the song title.

• Like Like x 1
  16. FantariaTempesta
    Tired

FantariaTempesta Forever Tumbling Down (x3) ATTA Supporter TTR Beta Tester

100%
    Fantaria Tempesta came from a song (Kiss Me Sunlights by Heart of Air) which is the opening song to a game called Zone of the Enders and the lyric goes: "Fantaria, Tempesta, it's my odyssey, go higher and wander parts of the labyrinth, until I can feel new dawn bloom on the silent sea, sing for me your song!"

• Like Like x 1
  17. Cheyenne Sweet
    Bashful

Cheyenne Sweet Gag Trainer

60%
    This is a fun thread!

Madame Leota - Haunted Mansion reference
    Little Leota - Another Haunted Mansion reference
    Cheyenne Sweet - "Shy and sweet." Seemed fitting for a deer. :)

I'm considering changing the Leotas' names to "Madame Mo Mo" and "Mini Mo Mo," though, in memory of my black cat Mo Mo who just passed away last November.

Last edited: Apr 8, 2018
    • Like Like x 1
  18. Sarcasm.
    Spaced

Sarcasm. Elite Toon ATTA Supporter

100%
    Sarcasm - Wanted to relate to my mains name, so I thought what am I in one word... tah-dah!
    Hollyweird (previously Azkaban) - Her original name because I'm a HP fan, her current name because I'm a hardcore LanaDelRey fan
    Salvatore - A nice name, and also the name of one of my favorite Lana songs lol

• Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  19. Flunky
    Bored

Flunky Elite Toon ATTA Supporter TTR Beta Tester

100%
    Flunk - Back in TTO when I was first making an account I forgot the password like 5 times and kept making new accounts and after doing the tutorial so many times I ended up just subconsciously going " Oh! Flunky! what a cool name " and then realizing it was the cog from the tutorial that I kept seeing the whole time lol. My toons name was Flunky in TTO but kept getting rejected in TTR so I just took off the y.

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  20. Fishtacollahma
    Mischievious

Fishtacollahma Mother of All Fluffers
    TTR Beta Tester

100%
    Ricky Mcroll: I made a character in grand theft auto 5 named Ricky Mcroll and gave him a monkey mask so I added an exact copy into toontown. The name is a mix between the meme songs rick roll and mc roll with a random y letter in there

Fish taco llama: My nickname in elementary school however this is not based of me. I have the h in my name fishtacollahma. So I created a budget version of the orginal name without the h and named it one of my toons.

Athena Christmas: I like the name Athena and I was originally going to give her a tough last name but I could not come up with one so I did Christmas.

Soundless Cavalry: I have been playing and watching a lot of stuff about war. It was fun to say cavalry so at the time of making my sound less I was thinking a lot about cavalry in war so yes.

Mr. Mindblastic: Mindblastic is a word I invented so I just added a mr in it because it reminded me of mr bombastic.

Edviowinla. A mix between 2 Timesplitters characters, Edwina and viola. I have been playing timesplitters a lot then and I couldn't think of a name so I just added 2 random character names and mixed them together.

Cresta Toothpastia: I was brushing my teeth and you get the idea.

John the Cactus: During a roleplay game on the forums I named my toon this and created it for the actual game. Also I like cactuses

Sir Cactus Smith: Same reason as above ^

Legit Chicken: I just ate popeyes and I did not want my toon to be associated with ducks.

Sobek the Legit Lizard: I was playing smite a lot and I used to main a character named sobek which looked like the crocodile in toontown. I am still contemplating if I should name him A Legit lizard or Sobek the Legit Lizard he is the only toon in here who has not been created yet.

Crunchinsticks: My first toon I dedicated myself to on the orginal toontown. When I was I believe 5 or 6 I wanted to make a funny name and I thought that was funny at the time

Macho man: Made me feel cool in the game when I was 9

Ricky: Also made me feel cool when I was 10

Dany: Made me feel cool when i was 8. I had not realized I misspelled the name at the time.

I have many ideas for names but not put them into use yet. I love naming toons, it is my favorite part of creating a toon. There will be plenty more I come up with that are put to use.

• Optimistic Optimistic x 1