1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How to edit the Toontown Rewritten texture and audio files

Discussion in 'Main Forum' started by Duck Tape, Feb 20, 2016.

1. Duck Tape
    Thinking

Duck Tape Elite Toon
    KTTA ATTA Supporter TTR Beta Tester

100%
    PHASE FILES
    The Phase Files are the files within the toontown rewritten directory that contain the models, textures, audio, text, etc.

Phase 3 - 524 files total 21.5 MB

Screens, Create-A-Toon, Toons, Accessories, Fonts, Clothes.

Phase 3.5 - 1,290 files total 75.3 MB
    GUI, Sidewalks, Clothes, Cogs, Toon Buildings

Phase 4 - 2,444 files total 62.0 MB
    Toontown Central, Trolley Games, Clothes, Accessories, Cog Buildings, Cogs, Street Maps, Doodles

Phase 5 - 949 files total 51.2 MB
    Estate Outdoors, Cog Building Exteriors

Phase 5.5 - 744 files total 10.0 MB
    Estate Interiors, Estate Outdoors, Field Offices

Phase 6 - 1,374 files total 46.3 MB
    Donald's Dock, Minnie's Melodyland, Goofy's Speedway, Acorn Acres, Minigolf, Racing

Phase 7 - 16 files total 1.30 MB
    Cog Building Interiors

Phase 8 - 524 files total 19.6 MB
    Daisy Gardens, The Brrrgh, Donald's Dreamland

Phase 9 - 327 files total 8.68 MB
    Sellbot HQ

Phase 10 - 193 files total 3.11 MB
    Cashbot HQ

Phase 11 - 134 files total 3.16 MB
    Lawbot HQ

Phase 12 - 146 files total 10.8 MB
    Bossbot HQ

Phase 13 - 168 files total 9.06 MB
    Parties

8,833 Files total 322 MB

UNPACKING PHASE FILES
    First, download Panda3D

On windows, open file viewer go to "C:\Program Files (x86)\Toontown Rewritten". Copy and paste the phase files into the panda3D bin folder. In the folder, press Shift + Right Mouse Click and click on the "Open command window here" option. Paste this into the prompt: "multify.exe -x -f phase_3.mf". This will reveal the file. Do this until all the phase files are exposed.

On mac, open finder and press Command + Shift + G then type or paste in "~/Library/Application Support/Toontown Rewritten". Copy and paste the phase files into the panda3D bin folder. In the folder, right click and click on the "Open terminal here" option. paste this into the terminal: "multify -x -f phase_3.mf". This will reveal the file. Do this until all the phase files are exposed.

MUSIC AND SOUND EFFECTS
    In the audio folders, you will find folders titled as "bgm", "dial" and "sfx". These are the background music tracks that play in the game, cog toon and disney NPC speech and sound effects. All you have to do to edit them is get an mp3, export or convert it into ogg and place it into the designated folder. Let's say you want to replace the TTR theme. Just rename your song as "ttr_theme" and you're good to go. Use this program to open ogg files.

TEXTURES
    You know, those things you see in almost every game? They're in toontown as well. Similar to the sound replacement, just make sure the image is a jpg and to rename your image as the original.

RGB FILES
    These are weird files that act as transparent backgrounds to some of the textures as jpg files can't handle transparency like a gif or png file normally can. Download GIMP to view these files.

White = Part of the image that WILL show up.
    Black = Part of the image that WON'T show up.

GS_sign.jpg
    This is the goofy's gag shop sign or titled as "GS_sign.jpg" located in phase 3.5

GS_sign_a.jpg
    This is the RGB file for the gag shop sign. Notice the black background and whited area.

Screenshot_3.jpg
    I just drew a black "X" on the RGB. This is the result in-game.

REPACKING PHASE FILES
    Do what you did with the unpacking. Except you put this in: "multify.exe -c -f phase_3.mf phase_3". This will repack the folder into a .mf again. Now make a folder in the toontown rewritten directory and rename it "resources". Put your edited phase files into the resources folder and play the game.

On mac, enter "multify -c -f phase_3.mf phase_3" instead of "multify.exe -c -f phase_3.mf phase_3".

PS: If you want to test the textures, just look around the models area so you don't have to log on and off. :D

Last edited: Feb 20, 2016
    • Useful Useful x 10
    • Like Like x 1
  2. Fishtacollahma
    Amused

Fishtacollahma Also Know as Ricky Mcroll
    TTR Beta Tester

100%
    Thank you very much for making this thread. I have always been interested in making my own texture pack :eek:. I want to kiss your face right now.

• Funny Funny x 1
  3. Liffinina Dark Alley
    Sweettooth

Liffinina Dark Alley Cog Crusher TTR Beta Tester

60%
    This is so helpful! Thank you!

4. Thundertoon

Thundertoon New Toon

I changed the file of the top floor boss music, and recompressed the phase file, but it won't work! any help?

5. Shadow (Purple Midnight)
    Angelic

Shadow (Purple Midnight) Gag Trainer KTTA ATTA Supporter TTR Beta Tester

35%
    Now I get my chance to finally edit toontown with panda3d. Thank you for your help with the information!

-Shadow (Purple Midnight)

6. Sir McQuack
    No Mood

Sir McQuack Elite Toon KTTA ATTA Supporter TTR Beta Tester

100%
    except there already has been a thread about the same thing in the content pack subforum

7. A Person
    Amused

A Person Elite Toon

100%
  8. Nihal Gul
    Amused

Nihal Gul New Toon ATTA Supporter

On Mac, I Typed multify -c -f phase_3.mf phase_3 and it says
    Not found: phase_3!