1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How to Run Multiple Toons without Multi Toon Control

Discussion in 'Game Guides' started by Rookie, Nov 15, 2016.

1. Rookie
    No Mood

Rookie Elite Toon

100%
    Hi! Controlling multiple Toons is fun, but for some, using 3rd party programs to run your Toons can be a hassle. You're limited to the same inputs on all Toons and sometimes your Toons will push each other out of alignment. Plus, you may have to put up with input lag if you run more than two This video will show you how to run multiple Toons without any downloads and...if you're willing to put a little more effort into it. I'd say this is worth it though, because you'll have the choice to run your Toons together or in completely different locations and you can take your Toons anywhere except the CJ if you're quick. I also have a typed guide below.

Note: This can be easier or impossible depending on your operating system. I'm using Mac OS X El Capitan. Some older operating systems such as Mac OS X Snow Leopard, Windows, 7, etc. have an easier version where you can start running without pressing left and right. I'm not sure if the more recent ones (Windows 10, Mac OS X Sierra) will work with this. If you try this using an OS not listed below, then please tell me your results and I'll give you some jellybeans. (Easy: No left+right. Normal: What you see in the video. Impossible: This doesn't work at all.)
    For those who can't watch the video...
    1. Select one Toon and hold the up key to make him/her run. Or do this with any other key such as CTRL to charge your seltzer bottle for the CEO, etc. You're probably just going to use this to run forward, though.
    2. Select your 2nd Toon without letting go of up. Press any two keys (I use left and right for convenience) then let go of the up key. This will make the first Toon run automatically.
    3. Repeat step 2 if you're running more than two Toons.
    4. All you have to do now is steer your Toons by selecting their windows and turning. If you want to stop an automatically running Toon, then just go back to that window and press up again. To deal with sharp turns such as those in the hedge mazes, I recommend sliding against the walls when needed.

Known versions so far
    Easy: Windows XP, Windows 7, Mac OS X Snow Leopard
    Normal: Mac OS X El Capitan
    Impossible: None yet.

Last edited: Nov 15, 2016
    • Useful Useful x 4
    • Like Like x 1
  2. Very helpful!!
    Although, I play on Mac, and have attempted this many times, it never seems to work. I do believe I'm the one doing something wrong, but I don't know what.

• Like Like x 1
  3. HappyKat
    Doh

HappyKat Elite Toon ATTA Supporter TTR Beta Tester

100%
    oh man! sweet now i know when i have mutiple toons how to run it thanks!! it really helps i have window 7 so its pretty easy im sure how you detailed it!

• Like Like x 1
  4. Sweetener
    Angelic

Sweetener Stuck in my glory days KTTA ATTA Supporter TTR Beta Tester

100%
    I have a Windows 10. I can confirm those things work.

• Useful Useful x 1
  5. Rookie
    No Mood

Rookie Elite Toon

100%
    Thanks! By "attempted this many times", do you mean before this guide or after?

You're welcome! :D

Good to know. Thanks for helping! :) I'm guessing this means Sierra will work too. Although this doesn't matter now because I can't edit the main post. :(

6. I mean before, I got it working now because of this guide (I've been so tired I leave important things out, so sorry) thank you for the guide!! It helps out so much with my twins

• Like Like x 1
  7. Rookie
    No Mood

Rookie Elite Toon

100%
    No problem. Good luck with those twins! :)

• Like Like x 1
  8. Riot
    In-Love

Riot Elite Toon Toontown Rewritten Staff TTR Beta Tester TTR Alpha Tester

100%
    Before I updated my old computer to El Capitan, I could run two by just holding down the up arrow key and then switching to the other window and holding down the up arrow again. I was wondering why it didn't work anymore after I had updated.

Thank you for this! I loved this a lot more than Clone Keys as well because it was actually a lot easier to maneuver this way. I haven't tried it out on macOS yet, but I will try it out soon and post the results here.

Last edited: Nov 26, 2016
    • Like Like x 2
  9. Rookie
    No Mood

Rookie Elite Toon

100%
    You're welcome! :D

Something I forgot to mention: Don't press left+right at the same time. Tap one after the other. Also, I got the easy version on a Windows 10 computer. I don't know why.

10. Sammy the Dog

Sammy the Dog New Toon ATTA Supporter

@Sweetener I have windows 10 too, and I can't seem to get this to work.