1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I don't know where to post this, but here's a tiny rant.

Discussion in 'Main Forum' started by cjjix, May 13, 2018.

1. cjjix
    Grumpy

cjjix New Toon

40%
    So, I just get annoyed very, very, VERY easily. But, long stunning. In the VP. ANNOYING. It's not so hard to control what altitude your pie is going, what's really hard is the fact that you're so far away from the VP that it's only choice for defense is to jump since it can't reach you. Learn how to stun, or don't do it at all.

2. Roran

Roran New Toon ATTA Supporter

40%
    Where I agree that if you don't know how to stun it you probably in most cases should just stick to the knockback avenue of the final round, I can say from experience as (all modesty) an extremely experienced stunner from TTO with years of practice, two things:

1) For old timers returning, theyre gonna be rusty, it'll take a VP or two to catch on. Same goes for new toons trying it out.
    2) I know in my personal experience, controlling the altitude of my pies CAN actually be slightly more challenging simply because of the layout of the keys on my laptop; my delete key is up in the very top right corner, and to keep myself covered for moving and jumping I can't typically use the key to throw the pies, meaning I have to click the button each time. That can cause a slight variation in each throw on different computers. Not to mention sensitivity of keys on different computers, etc.

Long story short, while it can be aggravating, the real takeaway is that it's almost impossible to lose a VP anyway and that everyone has a slightly different setup and experience level. Nobody learns if they don't try or mirror/shadow someone else.

• Like Like x 2
    • Useful Useful x 1
  3. Cheyenne Sweet
    Bashful

Cheyenne Sweet Gag Trainer

60%
    Agreed. Controlling the altitude of my pies can be quite challenging, especially considering that the hatch is only open for a few seconds at a time. I prefer to close stun, personally, but will long stun when he's at an angle. Sometimes I get it in, sometimes I don't. Personally, though, I don't see the harm in people trying out long stunning, as they're far enough that they're not getting in anybody else's way. What REALLY bothers me is people who try to push you out of the way when you're close stunning, causing you both to miss when it opens. But with that said, everyone has to start somewhere - just try not to step on other people's toes while you're trying things out. :)

• Like Like x 3
  4. Czarcasm
    Spaced

Czarcasm Elite Toon ATTA Supporter

100%
    I mean you gotta try to be able to learn in the first place so

• Like Like x 2
  5. Megabutter
    Cold

Megabutter Elite Toon

100%
    Stunning from a distance is always more reliable, and 8 people is MORE than enough for an easy vp, so I don’t really see your point.

What bothers me is people who don’t know how to stun w/out being in other people’s way

6. King T
    Daring

King T Elite Toon TTR Beta Tester

100%
    lol

7. That Soundless Horse
    No Mood

That Soundless Horse that pessimistic soundless horse TTR Beta Tester

100%
    I've never understood stunning from a distance, but I never felt the need to use mouse-keys to stun anyways, so.

Stunning up close is my preference, anyway.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Violin3607
    Thinking

Violin3607 Cog Crusher

85%
    I don't see your point. I stun from a distance on my ubers, never causes a problem (also, I do know how to stun, from a distance and from up close, thank you very much). It isn't hard to get in once you get the right distance/angle. What exactly are you complaining about? That it makes the VP jump more? I'm not saying that to be rude, I just don't exactly understand what you're saying lol. Anyways, it isn't hard to jump when the VP is, and the VP is an easy boss to begin with. Shouldn't be a problem if he jumps a bit more than usual.

• Like Like x 1