1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

TTR Bug Invisible Cog Glitch Solution!

Discussion in 'News' started by Professor Brainiac, Feb 18, 2017.

1. Professor Brainiac
    Artistic

Professor Brainiac Forum Moderator Cast Member Forum Moderator KTTA ATTA Supporter TTR Beta Tester

100%
    Hey guys! By now, I'm sure most of you have encountered the invisible cog glitch during a boss battle. For those of you who don't know what it is, it's basically when a member on your team defeats a cog and disconnects around the same time. The game doesn't completely update, which leaves the cog entity still there, but there's no physical cog for you to defeat, hence, "invisible cog." This cog cannot be defeated by gags, SOSs, or even fires, meaning your only course of action is to disconnect.

However, today, I discovered a way to defeat an invisible cog. The trick is to use simultaneous gags: one on an existing cog, one on the invisible cog.

I was in a CFO earlier today, and someone created two invisible cogs. Having seen this before, I explained to my teammates what was happening (neither of whom had seen this before). They convinced me to try to defeat it, so I kept trying things. One of them hosed an existing cog, and I hosed an invisible cog. The invisible cog's squirt animation showed up, followed by the exploding animation. When we got to the next battle GUI, the invisible cog had been defeated. So I tried it again on the second invisible cog, but it didn't work. So I kept trying with different gags, each to no avail. Finally, we double safed (one on existing, one on invisible) and the second invisible cog was defeated.

tl;dr use simultaneous gags (one on an existing cog, one on invisible cog) to defeat. Some gags may not work, so experiment with different gags. If the invisible cog is the only cog, you have to disconnect.

Hope this helps out anyone who encounters this glitch!

• Useful Useful x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  2. Adorkable Mousie
    Innocent

Adorkable Mousie Cute Adorkable Toon :D TTR Beta Tester

100%
    Oh awesome thanks for letting us know Professor definitely will keep this in mind next time I run into this glitch :D

• Like Like x 1
  3. Loveless
    Psychedelic

Loveless Stuck in my glory days KTTA ATTA Supporter TTR Beta Tester

100%
    Is this new? I thought the problem was when there was the last cog being invisible

• Like Like x 1
  4. Adorkable Mousie
    Innocent

Adorkable Mousie Cute Adorkable Toon :D TTR Beta Tester

100%
    I've seen it happen with there being both visible and invisible cogs some time ago so it's not really new.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Professor Brainiac
    Artistic

Professor Brainiac Forum Moderator Cast Member Forum Moderator KTTA ATTA Supporter TTR Beta Tester

100%
    it doesn't have to be the last cog. It can happen anywhere in the battle, but if you don't eliminate the cog before you run out of cogs, you're stuck with it and you have to disconnect. Also note that sound does not work for this; you must use a different gag track.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Snakebite

Snakebite Guest

Thanks professor, I remember this happening in a CEO. Now ik what to do :)

7. Loveless
    Psychedelic

Loveless Stuck in my glory days KTTA ATTA Supporter TTR Beta Tester

100%
    I know, I mean that there's only an issue with glitch when it's the last cog

• Like Like x 1
  8. Professor Brainiac
    Artistic

100%
    yeah. if it's the last cog, you're done for

• Like Like x 1
  9. That Soundless Horse
    No Mood

That Soundless Horse that pessimistic soundless horse TTR Beta Tester

100%
    This glitch can happen literally anytime in the battle, all it takes is someone to disconnect when a cog is exploding. if it's the last cog, sorry, you have to disconnect.

• Like Like x 1
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1