1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Spoiler Let's Argue: Tangled vs. Frozen!

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by FantariaTempesta, Apr 25, 2018.

1. FantariaTempesta
    Tired

FantariaTempesta Forever Tumbling Down (x3) ATTA Supporter TTR Beta Tester

100%
    [Tagged as Spoilers just in case no-one has seen Tangled or Frozen.]

Two of the more better Disney Princess films, which do YOU think is better?
    Break your argument down to 3 (or more) points:
    -Animation (fluency, colors, etc.)
    -Story wise (any plot-holes, problems, or good/bad writing)
    -Musical numbers (songs you liked/didn't like)

Please keep it ON TOPIC, no "But [unrelated movie] is better than both combined!".

Argument Time!

I personally prefer Tangled, it's a nice take on the Rapunzel story, it does thing differently than your average Princess film which is nice! The jokes aren't drawn out, and the musical numbers don't really annoy me. I loved how bright the movie looked, even in the depressing parts of it, they really chose a charming color palette. The animation is fluid and really darn magical/enchanting (as Princess movies should be!), especially the hair. It almost rivals Hatsune Miku's hair physics in her Project Diva games, lol.

Don't get me wrong, Frozen is also beautifully animated, the "Let It Go" scene is especially pleasing to look at, all the particle effects going on with the ice powers is SO pretty! I just feel the whole movie is rather... dark. No, not plotwise either, it's just darker than Tangled, feels kinda dull to look at. I get it, it takes place in the winter where the night lasts longer, I guess I just wished there was a bit more colors that popped out at you like "WHOAH!". I also felt that Frozen was overall lazy and had no personality, and that it was just a cheap knockoff of Tangled. While I did enjoy most of it, I've grown a hatred for the musicals in Frozen thanks to all the memes and overuse of songs (I'm lookin' at you Let It Go!) but that's subjective.

Overall, I enjoyed both, but Tangled is just so much better.
    Yes, I know. Arguing over lame Disney Princess movies intended for an audience of little girls is pathetic, BUT, just because it's a product made for kids doesn't mean it should lack in quality. I'm sure there's plenty of grown adults, plenty of girlfriends/wives who dragged their boyfriends/husbands to the midnight premier showing of Frozen. Movie reviewers also had to sit through kid movies just to give a critical review. So, before you say "but why tho", keep in mind that adults also enjoy Disney schlock.

• Like Like x 2
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
  2. louisvuitoon&sillydroopy
    No Mood

louisvuitoon&sillydroopy Cog Crusher TTR Beta Tester

35%
    LET IT GOOOOOOO !

• Funny Funny x 2
  3. Sarcasm.
    Spaced

Sarcasm. Elite Toon ATTA Supporter

100%
    Tangled

• Like Like x 1
  4. Monty Hare

Monty Hare Elite Toon ATTA Supporter

100%
    Tangled all the way I agree :D

• Like Like x 1
  5. louisvuitoon&sillydroopy
    No Mood

35%
    What is Tangled? It's the story with the blonde girl with very long hair who lives in a tower with a frog, and who fall in love with a robber ?
    I don't know to which French title Tangled correspond lol !

I already see Frozen and I find the story was good for a kid, particularly about the link of brotherhood, it's very good for young kids IMO !

• Like Like x 1
  6. Monty Hare

Monty Hare Elite Toon ATTA Supporter

100%
    Yup, Rapunzel got trapped by this crazy lady and is defensive. Frozen is ok, kinda not a fan of it but it has a nice touch to it.

7. louisvuitoon&sillydroopy
    No Mood

35%
    Yeah Raspuntzel is good too... Disney movies are always good (for kids of course) !

• Like Like x 1
  8. Cheyenne Sweet
    Bashful

Cheyenne Sweet Gag Trainer

60%
    I generally avoid any princess movies, so I haven't seen Tangled. I only saw Frozen because my sister dragged me to the theater, but it was surprisingly good! I liked it because it was about sisters, not about romantic interests. So, even though I haven't seen Tangled, I'd say Frozen is better because of that.

But yes, I generally prefer movies like The Lion King or Mulan. :p I'm so not a princess person, and it kind of insults me that Mulan is lumped in with the princesses as she definitely isn't one! She doesn't even marry a prince!!

• Like Like x 1
  9. Loveless
    Chatty

Loveless Something in you lit up heaven in me KTTA ATTA Supporter TTR Beta Tester

100%
    Tangled <3 _ <3