1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

My opinion on being SOUNDLESS

Discussion in 'Main Forum' started by Fishtacollahma, Apr 10, 2018.

1. Fishtacollahma
    Amazed

Fishtacollahma Mother of All Fluffers
    TTR Beta Tester

100%
    I can confirm soundless does not make anything take longer but it makes the game a lot and I mean a lot more harder. This can be a good thing or a bad thing in your opinion.

The only time soundless makes things go longer through my experience is in the back nine. I have heard people doing it in the same speed as with 4 people having sound however I have never seen it so I can not confirm

If you want to speedrun a back nine without sound, what I have seen so far is " YOU HAVE TO HAVE ORGANIC THROW, AND EVERYONE HAS TO EITHER BE TOONUPLESS OR SOUNDLESS" That is unrealible but it is really fun

Another thing you have to have is organic throw to make things go fast.

Not just that but to makes it 1000 times easier and in so many cases faster when the other players have organic throw. This is also unreliable since this is a choice.

So here is the deal with being soundless, It is super fun, but it is super unreliable once you reach later stages of the game. You have to ensure everyone fits your standards later in the game if you want to make things go as fast as with sound. Because of this you usually want to make multi accounts and have friends when going soundless.

People will have different opinions and many of the things I said could be wrong.

Soundless Is my second favorite trackless to play in the game to play.

I encourage more people to go sound less because it brings a new element to the game which many people have not seen.

I almost forgot to say, Max all your gags. You can cheat the system and just go to a certain number and you will be fine if you are too lazy to max. However max lure and drop if you are going to do that so you get max accuracy. For toon up I am fine with just having non maxxed juggling balls.

Last edited: Apr 10, 2018
    • Like Like x 2
    • Useful Useful x 1
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  2. Adorkable Mousie
    Innocent

Adorkable Mousie Cute Adorkable Toon :D TTR Beta Tester

100%
    I definitely agree that playing a soundless toon is a whole lot of fun. It helps one learn various new gag combos while others use sound. It's not really that difficult imo, but yeah you pretty much need to know most gag combos and how much health every cog has and what minimum gags will kill the cog to be a successful soundless since standard sound combos can't be relied upon, and gag conservation is more important than ever with a soundless.

The unfortunate truth is that most of the average players in this game have no idea how to play with others with no sound, at least at the CFO level. They never seem to learn 2, or even 3 gag, sound combos, so they usually use more fogs than necessary to kill everything and run out of sound faster. It's very important to take a leadership role when others have no idea what to do, and suggest strategies.

Another hard part about being soundless is definitely the soundless hate. It's going to be harder to get groups at mints and such, and some others will be ready to call you all sorts of names and make fun of you for being soundless. It's definitely recommended to have at least one other toon to run mints and such with so that you'll be able to get consistent runs and won't run into any drama at the cog facilities.

It's also good when you run into other soundless and make friends with them, and it can definitely be a bonding experience to have other soundless toons to run with. It's definitely recommended to join a soundless group/guild, such as the soundless cult, to make new friends and have better runs at bosses and such. I've definitely have had more positive experiences than negative ones so far with my soundless toon, and I'm definitely am glad to have one.

• Like Like x 4
  3. Shoe3045
    Cheerful

Shoe3045 New Toon

40%
    Defiantly makes the game more tactical. Hunh, interesting opinion. Sounds like a fun build.

• Like Like x 1
  4. SunnySundaes
    Sweettooth

SunnySundaes Gag Trainer TTR Beta Tester

35%
    its always really exciting to play with soundless toons! it really adds a whole new level to the game and i love being able to do such satisfying combos with groups of people--and it certainly feels a lot more fun than just constantly using sound. sound is a good gag, but i think toons that are soundless deserve a ton of respect! its tough out there in a world that can seem, from an average player, dependent on sound. the same can be said for toon-upless toons as well, because toon-up and sound nowadays are seem as "essentials".
    i could go on about this forever but i certainly would love to try running a soundless toon if i have the time! :blush:

• Like Like x 3
  5. jennybean

jennybean Guest

ayy you should try it one time, it takes a bit of getting used to but it’s fairly simple:)

• Like Like x 1
  6. Cheyenne Sweet
    Bashful

Cheyenne Sweet Gag Trainer

60%
    Soundless is the only -less toon that I don't plan on making, just because I don't feel it's practical for me. I'm the kind of person who likes to speed through factories and mints and max my suits as fast as possible, so for me personally, having sound is very useful. Plus, having sound is a big part of game play and I don't have the energy or the patience to seek out other soundless toons to do mints or other runs with; I like being able to find a group as fast as possible and not have to worry about whether or not people will invite me. I give a lot of credit to toons who are patient enough to do this, though! As you said, being soundless makes the game a lot harder - more so than being TUless or lureless - and I just can't see myself being able to commit to that.

Personally (and I might just be saying this because I don't have a soundless toon), I don't think soundless runs will ever be able to be as fast as those with sound, just because you have to go through more animations to wipe out a row of cogs. With sound, you can go through one animation and be done, provided that everyone has chosen the correct gag. Even if you have organic throw, you'll need one person to lure and three people to throw, and though all the players will throw at the same time, you still have to go through the lure animation and will still have one cog standing.

I don't mind soundless toons, though. I'll admit that I might not always invite them to do a bullion, but I don't have a problem with them in boss runs. If the CFO goes a little slower because one person doesn't have sound, it really doesn't bother me, and you're right that the combinations can be quite fun. If you want to make a soundless toon, then I say go for it!

• Like Like x 1
  7. Teeth

Teeth Elite Toon TTR Beta Tester

100%
    backs are the one thing where a group of 4 normal toons could potentially be slower than 3 normal toons with a soundless, just because of the rng factor involved with getting gags back

• Like Like x 1
  8. FantariaTempesta
    Pensive

FantariaTempesta Forever Tumbling Down (x3) ATTA Supporter TTR Beta Tester

100%
    It's fun, until the "elitists" of the game who think they know everything (when in reality, they don't know jack) begin to harass you and exclude you from runs.

Overall, soundless is very fun and helps you learn more about technique, instead of "elitists" who only know how to spam sound because lazyness and a superiority complex.

• Like Like x 3
  9. jennybean

jennybean Guest

actually, i tend to recieve more harassment from less experienced toons, who don’t know the ropes as well. such “elitists” usually know how to play with a soundless toon and everything is peachy (not to say that there isn’t some exceptions haha)

• Like Like x 1
  10. Adorkable Mousie
    Innocent

100%
    Most runs at mints and other cog facilities with all soundless will usually have one toon going in the battle to lure the set of cogs, and sometimes may have another toon come in to use a feather for the shortest tu animation on them to get the full 95% accuracy, and then the rest of the toons go into the battle and all use cakes, if they have them, to finish off all the cogs in the same turn. It's definitely still not as fast as sound, because honestly we realize that it's just much faster to have all the toons come in and wipe out the cogs within one single turn with a set sound strategy in mind before going in, while it still technically takes 2 turns to lure and cake all the cogs, but using the hypno and feather and then cake all the cogs strategy isn't all that much slower if everyone is on the same page. Experienced soundless runs can be as fast, or even faster, than those with sound that don't have as much experience, but yeah if all the toons in both groups with sound and without sound have the same experience, then the toons with sound will definitely win for the most part depending on rng of the hits.

• Useful Useful x 4
    • Like Like x 2
  11. FantariaTempesta
    Pensive

100%
    I've had different experiences that led me to quit the game in it's entirety.

• Like Like x 1
  12. Adorkable Mousie
    Innocent

100%
    I met a 134 laffer who kept passing and using his doodle at the cfo since I apparently slow everything down significantly, when he himself was pretty much responsible for slowing the run down. Apparently soundless make the cfo take an hour, and back 9s take 2 hours according to him. It's funny that there's lots of evidence on YouTube that points to the contrary, but they don't want to take the time to see it and learn that there's really not much significant difference between a full group with sound and one with one soundless, or even groups with all soundless if they coordinate well enough.

Last edited: Apr 12, 2018
    • Like Like x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  13. jennybean

jennybean Guest

ah, sorry to hear that- i was just speaking from my own personal experience. were you soundless?
    that must’ve sucked, of course there’s always going to be some toons like that. in my opinion, it’s not usually the soundless toon slowing things down, it’s lack of knowledge and/or unwillingness to co-operate.

• Like Like x 1
  14. FantariaTempesta
    Pensive

100%
    Yes I had a soundless toon that I was working on.

• Like Like x 1
  15. jennybean

jennybean Guest

that’s unfortunate:( i have had my fair share of hate but i guess if it bothers you that much, there is not really a point in trying to play a game which is meant to be fun. if you decide to play again i don’t mind lending a hand:p

• Like Like x 1
  16. Teeth

100%
    i actually hate my soundless and completely understand if people don't want to take me

• Like Like x 1
  17. That Soundless Horse
    No Mood

That Soundless Horse that pessimistic soundless horse TTR Beta Tester

100%
    I disagree with harder, and 8 smart sound toons will always be faster then 8 soundless toons, I am soundless and understand this concept.

But, to also go on my previous statement, the longer is not actually longer by a lot. My averages are about 1-5 minutes longer with being soundless, which add up on the grind, but not really the daily. A soundless back nine with no misses would be about 5-10 minutes off of a normal sound back nine with misses, I don't get where people come up with "well a 4 toon soundless back nine takes 3 hours" because videos on youtube and tt records completely shred that rumor.

you need active ways to kill multiple 11s, as it stands, without it, the only way to have a good reliable way to take out 3 11s in a turn is by using tnts, you have 8 tnts per group (16 if with 8) organic throw increases your cap to take out 11s by 12. I'm not sure about the toonupless part, but organic throw is the best organic gag in the game for a reason ;)

I've always thought, since as a soundless, you are handicapping yourself in the game, removing a game breaking gag that everyone uses,
    You have to give yourself organic throw to somewhat give yourself an edge. I've never considered changing my organic on my soundless, so idk.

I mean really for me, I did 10 bullions on my soundless with randoms, 5/10 just had people leaving because "it'll take 5 years xds" out of the 5 that stayed, 2/5 just had people training gags the entire time, 1/5 was a big argument over how faster sound really makes the game, and only 2 of those ten runs even were acceptable by most standards. It's annoying but a big reason why I and others multi, distrust of the community when it comes to facilities

Can agree here, fun to see how people react to a soundless anyway

Really just don't do any bosses until you max throw squirt and get rest to level 5/6 (6 for cfo, 5 for vp bc vp is ez)

just my thoughts on this really, soundless debate won't ever end because both sides are stubborn when it comes to views (myself included) lol

• Like Like x 1
  18. jennybean

jennybean Guest

aye same in a way, although i don’t really hate my toon. i’d rather people just didn’t invite me instead of being rude lol
    also, being soundless has really opened up my eyes to the amount of people who don’t check gags beforehand...

• Funny Funny x 2
  19. Teeth

100%
    yeah i agree with the number of people not checking gags, it really is surprising

• Like Like x 2
  20. Loveless
    Chatty

Loveless Something in you lit up heaven in me KTTA ATTA Supporter TTR Beta Tester

100%
    Somewhat unrelated but I believe if you didn't check their gags when you had time to do so you forfeit the right to complain about said gags

• Like Like x 4