1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Attention Guest!
    PLEASE REMEMBER that NO ONE, not even Joey, will EVER ask you for your TTR password!!
    They do not need it to do anything with your account.
    PLEASE don't fall for these desperate people trying to steal your account(s)!
    ~Sweet~

New ToonTown Rewritten Players

Discussion in 'Main Forum' started by ChampRewritten, Dec 16, 2013.

1. TechnoRapier
    Scared

TechnoRapier New Member

Gaming nerd
    Credit:
    JB:544
    This is not the case original Toontown has so little content that players who have come from other big mmo's will think its a waste of time or a game just to mess around on and leave later on. I really hope Toontown-rewritten developers realise there's so much to work on once all of Toontown is restored.

Don't think I'm a massive downer cause I really do sound like one :p.
  2. Salty
    Happy

Salty Active Member

Credit:
    JB:343,651
    Thank you, I can go on forever with posts sometimes. Also I did take expository writing in high school which is a class where mainly you write essays. I laugh when someone thinks a thousand word essay or something is hard. Everything in school except for writing & art classes was hard for me. I'm usually pretty bad at everything so the things I'm good at I take pride in.
    • Like Like x 2
  3. ᴅᴏᴄ.ᴅᴀωɢ
    Relaxed

ᴅᴏᴄ.ᴅᴀωɢ Member

A gamer
    Credit:
    JB:224,473
  4. Night
    Worried

Night Active Member

Student
    Credit:
    JB:246,026
    I think that many players will be tired of starting a new toon again, especially the higher toons, so there will be less people, sadly :(
  5. cherry
    Sweettooth

cherry Active Member

Research Student
    Credit:
    JB:293,603
    I think there will be less active members due to the lack of huge investment in advertising. Toontown relied on quite a lot of it to attract the attention of many members. In here, we're expecting mostly previous TT players to come back. And not every former TT member will have heard of TTR - I sure didn't, until after I was told about it!

If it's kept open long enough then it may someday bypass the original active member count, but for the start, I think we can expect around ~6,000 players or so, which is still quite a lot.
  6. Mr_batty_flippenpretzel
    Amused

Mr_batty_flippenpretzel Administrator

Graphic Designer
    Credit:
    JB:241,651
    TTO had quite a lot of advertisement? Thats one of the biggest complaints with Disney is they didnt update the game or advertise it enough to keep it popular.
  7. cherry
    Sweettooth

cherry Active Member

Research Student
    Credit:
    Well, probably more than TTR - or at least, I'm sure Disney had the resources to fund for advertising while I understand TTR is non-profit and therefore it'll be mainly spread through word of mouth. I do remember Toontown had TV adverts (though arguably they were pretty poor :D), general online adverts and merchandise. This was all back when I was a member at around 2005 though. Perhaps in its last few years they may have abandoned trying to advertise TT though, since I never really heard much about it ever since.
    • Like Like x 1
  8. ᴅᴏᴄ.ᴅᴀωɢ
    Relaxed

ᴅᴏᴄ.ᴅᴀωɢ Member

A gamer
    Credit:
    There was an updating saying 200 toons moved to TTR. I see like at least 30.
    • Like Like x 1
  9. Mr_batty_flippenpretzel
    Amused

Graphic Designer
    Credit:
    Gotta remember Doc, that although there are 300+ alpha keys handed out they are all over the world so different time zones playing at diff times. As well as many of the alpha key holders i consider them as hoarders because they have a key and yet never get on because they got tired of trolley games i know of 5 people that got the key and was like "oh all i can do is trolley" and never came back. Meanwhile you have people like me who sit here and try to get a key everyday with out bugging a developer and we get nothing. Im not saying its unfair but those would be the reasons why you dont see many players on.
    --- Double Post Merged, Dec 27, 2013, Original Post Date: Dec 27, 2013 ---
    Oh and one for instance was the famous Jesse Schell, he showed up once last week just to see how things were going and i herd from the devs he hasnt been back since which isnt anything wrong as wasnt expected to help debug his old code lol
    • Like Like x 2
  10. ᴅᴏᴄ.ᴅᴀωɢ
    Relaxed

ᴅᴏᴄ.ᴅᴀωɢ Member

A gamer
    Credit:
    Wow, never thought of it like that. Thanks.
  11. cherry
    Sweettooth

cherry Active Member

Research Student
    Credit:
    You'd think those begging for an Alpha Key would be so passionate about playing on an under-construction Toontown huh? In some ways I don't blame people for getting bored - I do constantly warn everyone that Alpha testing is NOT really fun. On the other hand it's a shame when people enter the contest, get the key and then not use it later when there are others who'd still enjoy this incomplete version of TTR. If I won the contest I'd have given my key to someone else because I know I'd get bored and I might not have the time commitment. I guess also the fact that there are so little players on makes it even more boring and discourages toons to go and log in.

I don't encourage bugging the developers though, they probably already get that a lot and they're doing their best to close Alpha and hit Beta.
    • Like Like x 1
  12. ᴅᴏᴄ.ᴅᴀωɢ
    Relaxed

ᴅᴏᴄ.ᴅᴀωɢ Member

A gamer
    Credit:
    Well I think alpha testing is fun. New update each day. And the updates are better than Toontown Online. If some people can't see that, I don't know what to think then.
  13. Mr_batty_flippenpretzel
    Amused

Graphic Designer
    Credit:
    alpha testing is fun to extent. You must also be looking for bugs and submitting them, i guarantee 90 percent of testers dont even now how to review the log file on the computer let a lone provide a detailed bug report for helping the devs so they dont have to try to dig up a bug rather then have it handed to them and how to replicate it.

Sorry for ranting today lol
    • Like Like x 2
  14. Lady Ladybug
    Busy

Lady Ladybug Member

Credit:
    JB:227,251
    Include me in the 90%. Took me awhile to find an Avatar lol[/quote]
  15. Alyazia

Alyazia Active Member

Credit:
    JB:372,837
    Actually, I know many people who have already maxed all 4 suits like A LOT of times, yet they are excited for TTR. They still have some unfinished business they need to deal with, so don't put your hopes down on them because the best players of Toontown will come back. I literaly mean it, some of the BEST players are going to be back. =)
  16. Mr_batty_flippenpretzel
    Amused

Graphic Designer
    Credit:
    Lol Lady :p its ok your still awesome
  17. Salty
    Happy

Salty Active Member

Credit:
    JB:343,651
    I'd find it fun going out bug hunting, makes me feel like my toon had an official job in the game or something. I'd probably keep a notepad next to me writing down everything I came across but you're right. Actually reporting the problem is a whole other story. It was complicated enough reporting stuff to Test Town. This sounds even harder. I don't speak computer. Still, I do wish I had the chance to alpha test so I could go bug hunting with groups of toons & feel all official & stuff.
    • Like Like x 1
  18. Mr_batty_flippenpretzel
    Amused

Graphic Designer
    Credit:
    Yeah trust me most of the biggest supporters of TTR will be players that have maxed thier toon in TTO. If anything they will like it even more with a new story line and now a new challenge of starting fresh with everyone there will be no 100+ laffers that will be able to help them do the hard stuff like most other toons got lucky and did . I predict the first ones to try to VP after the game is public and reset will fail probably the first 3 times since most will be low laff.
  19. Nickel
    Cheerful

Nickel Member

Credit:
    JB:258,934
    I'm a little concerned about when TTR opens up and is free for all, Can you imagine each person making their own parking toon. How flooded the districts will become?
    The Districts will Lag and the server will go down.
  20. Justinbk
    Amused

Justinbk Active Member

Doing homework basicly
    Credit:
    JB:378,746
    Could you imagine someone with a lot of time on their hands playing the VP on 8 different toons on 8 different computers. My god, I know it's a bad thing but, I hope someone pulls that off and has it on video!