1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Question about gag animation time

Discussion in 'Main Forum' started by Fishtacollahma, Jan 3, 2019.

1. Fishtacollahma
    Amused

Fishtacollahma Mother of All Fluffers
    TTR Beta Tester

100%
    Before I ask the question, here is a little tip for some people. Knowing how to decrease the animation time used for a battle can decrease the time it takes to finish the battle. For example the animation of throw is faster than the animations of squirt. There are a lot of situation where you should not care about animation time but knowing about it can make differences.

Here is the question. What is the actual animation time for each gag? Is using 2 sounds gags faster than using 3 sound gags or is using a hose and cloud faster than using a hose and piano? Stuff like this.

I want to know if anyone knows the details about animation time and I want a bit of a guide of what combos are faster and the time it takes to finish the animation for each gag if you would want to create such a guide. If not any kind of information I would appreciate.

2. MONOCHROMEBRRRGH

MONOCHROMEBRRRGH Gag Trainer

10%
    For sound, the animation time will be slightly longer if there are more varieties of sound used.

2 trunks and 2 aoogahs would have a longer animation time than 4 trunks because sound animation is 'grouped' by variety. The 2 aoogahs would be used together because they are the lower level, then the toons with trunks will commence their animation right after the aoogahs.

So, for sound particularly, the number of toons using sound will not affect the animation time; it is the amount of variety/ type used.
    4 foghorns would be quicker than 1 fog and 1 trunk. Not much difference, but it fits with this topic I suppose? xD

I'm not certain what you are trying to ask here, but hose and cloud would definitely be faster than hose and piano because they are in the same gag track. The storm cloud's animation would happen almost alongside with the hose.

Not really an expert at these kinds of things, but that's what I know from the top of my head. :p

Last edited: Jan 3, 2019
    • Like Like x 1
  3. That Soundless Horse
    No Mood

That Soundless Horse that pessimistic soundless horse TTR Beta Tester

100%
    Depends. 2 fogs + 2 trunks has the delay
    between the trunks and fogs, hose and cloud will always be faster than hose and piano, though, since drop has a long animation time.
    Fire Hose animation actually is longer when the cog isnt lured though, but I don't see many cases in which it matters.

• Like Like x 1