1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Rank the cog HQs.

Discussion in 'Main Forum' started by Fat The Second, Mar 8, 2017.

1. Fat The Second

Fat The Second Elite Toon TTR Beta Tester

100%
    In the replies, rank your favorite to least favorite HQs and why. Can be based on anything; rewards, how fun the boss is, the experience getting a promotion, or even the design of the HQ

This is mine

1. Cashbot HQ
    Most of my rankings are close, this one is not, Cash is BY FAR the best. Best rewards, most fun battle, and best experience getting promotions (Call me crazy but I actually kinda like bullions)
    Only thing it doesn't win is the actual design of the HQ as that title for me belongs to Law HQ, but that's the least important part anyways

2. Bossbot HQ
    It's a fun boss, I enjoy the challenge, and I like the redesign. Only drawback and the main reason cash HQ is ahead by far is because of how tedious and lengthy this HQ is.

3. Lawbot HQ
    Favorite HQ design like I said, but I put boss HQ ahead because this HQ has the worst rewards. Nothing helps you in battle and you generally won't get invasions until very deep into the suit, and also I find it very annoying how there are ALWAYS two people who shoot the cannons early and it's also annoying how there are usually toons fighting over who stuns. also a bit laggy. But otherwise I kinda like Lawbot too

4. Sellbot HQ
    I don't hate sellbot THAT much, but it is my least favorite. The factory while easy is about as fun as watching paint dry, most greeners/trolls hang out here, and this also seems to be the laggiest final battle by far.

Last edited: Mar 8, 2017
  2. 1. Lawbot HQ. I love the boss battle so much, it's my favorite 100%. The actual headquarters itself it beautiful imo, and I seriously love doing offices. The fact that it's not just running through and doing cog battles is fun to me, there's actual puzzles, and while they're either annoying because someone sets them off, or whatever it may be, I still love them. I like the lawbot cog designs the best, too.

2. Bossbot HQ. Kind of ironic I put this as number two, because this headquarters had a big part in why I quit... Although, let's look at the good sides of it. The headquarters is my second favorite, while the rain causes frame drops for me, it's worth it. The fountain is honestly the coolest part. TTR did a great job of redesigning it, and did it justice. The boss battle isn't really fun for me, while it is the longest and the one with the most to do, I find it get boring all too quickly. Then again, I never really had the best experience with this battle. The cog designs are okay too. Back nines are WAAAY too long for me, yes, the puzzles are great, but after half an hour I'm wishing I was doing something else.

3. Cashbot HQ. The design of the place is pretty sweet, it's what I imagine. The Cashbot shaving money everywhere, and the trains (probably) taking said money somewhere (perhaps cog nation? ;)). I really like the cog designs, I think they're the second best for me. The boss battle is my second favorite, the rewards are great and the battle is super short, makes good for grinding. I enjoyed bullion mints though, no complaining coming from me!

4. Sellbot HQ. I honestly never liked this headquarters... The boss battle isn't fun imo, mostly because everyone complains about groups and you have to be super picky on who to take, and the pie round is a burden because the newer toons want to do it, and some don't actually know how, so you sit there trying to front stun, but it's a pain when he's on the ramps. Cog designs, meh. The facility, I never enjoyed. Long route was annoyingly tedious.

• Like Like x 1
  3. That Soundless Horse
    No Mood

That Soundless Horse that pessimistic soundless horse TTR Beta Tester

100%
    1. Boss
    2. Sell
    3. Cash
    4. Law

4. Teeth

Teeth Elite Toon TTR Beta Tester

100%
    1. Lawbot HQ - By far my favourite HQ to grind. The DA's offices are the best designed in my opinion, and the puzzles actually make them interesting to complete. 25 minutes for a D office isn't too bad time wise, and I also found offices to have the best people as well, which actually made my final two max notice runs quite enjoyable. The CJ is also my favourite boss, solo stunning is fun and bonus weight CJs have the tendency to be chaotic with the gavels and evidence from all directions, which makes them my favourite thing to do.

2. Cashbot HQ - If you ignore the cancer players, cashbot is actually a nice HQ to work. The design is probably my favourite in the game, and mints aren't too bad either due to the obstacles etc. The CFO is also well designed, the concept of craning is unique and good fun and unites are extremely useful. However, as I said earlier the people actually working this HQ let it out, a mixture of arrogance and incompetence that shines through.

3. Sellbot HQ - A pretty meh HQ, factories are dull but short, which isn't too much of a problem. The people are ok, as normally they're still a bit useless but much less arrogant then those in Cashbot HQ, and the VP can be entertaining with a weak group because one gag miss and you face a line of power trips. SOS cards are decent rewards as well.

4. Bossbot HQ - How anyone enjoys this is beyond me. CGCs are honestly the most boring, monotonous things in the game, and all it takes is one player to be useless for the run to take 5-10 minutes longer than it should. The people here are very mixed, the higher 125+ toons tend to be good and know what they're doing, but usually you end up with 113s who bring 80 gags and feel like they're superior because it's the "hardest" HQ in the game, and then proceed to make the run last an hour by luring the solo V2 10, using excess trunks, insisting they know the mazes and various other forms of idiocy. The CEO is kinda dull too, as V2s just drag the whole thing out for much longer than it should be. Another point is that it doesn't feel like it's been put together to the standard of the other HQs, and it's evident Disney rushed to get it out as the golf courses especially feel like they were made in 5 minutes with no thought.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Maxwell Trollbreath
    No Mood

Maxwell Trollbreath sly.exe TTR Beta Tester

100%
    1.bossbot
    2.sellbot
    3.cashbot
    4.lawbot
    I'll type why I like and dislike these later trying to make comments on mobile suck
    --- Double Post Merged, Mar 8, 2017, Original Post Date: Mar 8, 2017 ---
    oh teeth i wish i could do that like i could at sellbot HQ but unless i feel like spamming a bunch of rewards i cant solo bullion mints in 10 minutes like i can the sellbot factory

6. Mirai
    Question

Mirai Elite Toon

100%
    1. Cashbot HQ
    This HQ is the best for many reasons. Good rewards, easy promotions, etc. I've struggled more on max merits than max cogbucks. The only thing that I despise is that you must have "decent" sound to actually get invited in this hq's facilities and boss. (Unless you're doing the CFO with a guild).

2. Lawbot HQ
    Even though I get garbage rewards from this one, LBHQ only ranks second, because of my experiences with other people in the CJ. People can say really weird things in the CJ.

3. Bossbot HQ
    The thing that makes this HQ not last place is because of the reward. I hate how some people can hog snacks when they are high on laff.

4. Sellbot HQ
    Too much picky toons, beggars, greeners, and trolls. (Yet again, unless you're doing the VP with a guild.)

7. Maxwell Trollbreath
    No Mood

100%
    alright now im actually gonna rank the HQs and give reasons why i like and dislike the cog hqs. but before i start i would like to request that one of the TTR forums cast members delete my previous comment (if they can) because for some reason it's not letting me delete it so this thread wont be flooded with comments from me. With that being said lets go
    1.Bossbot HQ: The CEO is my favortie boss in the game so of course im gonna put this one first. Although I don't think the back 9s are as bad as people make them out to be, while they're long and boring the simple solution is grab your smartphone or open another tab on your computer and listen to some music while doing so that helped me do all my back 9s, i also think fires are a great reward, while i don't use them that often they're still useful especially because they come in handy with v2.0 cogs and level 12s. Also the people are mostly good yeah you have those cancers (the low 110 laffers that are on their first back 9) but im lucky enough to not encounter many of those and if i see people with more than 3 unmaxed gags i just leave the back 9 anyway. Should also mention im not exactly a fan of how big the new bbhq is, I liked how the old one was small and compact. it was dull yeah but i don't play toontown for in depth open world environments.

2.Sellbot HQ: My second favorite HQ because i like the VP it's my second boss, while laggy i still enjoy it. I also like how i can avoid the sbhq idiots by soloing my factories (even on my lureless toon) and not only that but i can do my max merits without restocking by bringing every sound gag from bugle to fog horn and it's amazing. also i actually like a majority of the sos cards so i have a greater chance at getting a reward i like instead of one i don't like. And about the greening issue before i greened for awhile (inb4 rage comments) i never saw greeners, and most greeners are stupid anyway and make it painfully obvious that they intend on greening.

3.Cashbot HQ: While i don't mind the bullion mints or the CFO the people flat out ruin it for me, there's a reason i stopped working cashbot HQ on the horse for about a month the bad gameplay was why, i'll never forget the time some dog told me "never a bad time to train toon up" in a bullion mint but ignoring the people there are other reasons i don't like cashbot HQ. I really don't like the size of it, it reminds me of that one hub in sonic 06 with that forest, it's stupidly big and there's nothing to do it, there's a reason people are always looking for "tp for cfo." also on a minor note the trains are really annoying, i've muted my volume on multiple occasions because of the trains in cashbot HQ (really makes me wish TTR had volume sliders.) also sorry to bring the people back up again but i really wanted to use this example, bad gameplay, jesus the bad gameplay if i had to pick which place in toontown had the worst gameplay the bullion mint would easily take that spot, () this video says it all thanks for capturing this @king lollipop junior. Now the boss itself, it's alright, i wish the cog round didn't last like 7 minutes while the crane round lasts like 3 minutes but eh. as for the unites well i only like 1/3rd of the unites meaning i have a better chance at getting a reward i don't want over one i do want, this is one of the reasons i stopped working cashbot HQ and unlike sos cards i cant shop for these with some friends or with a toon hq group to get the one i want.

4.Lawbot HQ: I HATE HATE HATE lawbot HQ with a burning passion. First of all lets start with the 2 positives imo, the music, best cog HQ music in the game without a doubt love this piece, best looking area in the game, it looks nice but coming from me this is a pretty mute point as i always use content packs anyway. The DA office, I don't like the DA offices while i'll admit it's sort of a breath of fresh air to do something other than fight cogs everytime (puzzles and all) i feel as if the puzzles slow down the run especially when people don't know how to do them, when i was maxing law on lizard max i can't count the number of times i spent more than 5 minutes just waiting in place for someone to figure out skull finder only to mess it up on purpose and sacrifice my level 7s, I also hate how disney never bothered to fix the multipliers for the DA offices (although im not 100 % sure if this was intentional) but i really don't like how it's only 1.5x notices instead of x2 like everything else thats why you only get 1542 jury notices instead of 1800 some jury notices like you should (if i recall a D office without an invasion gave you 918 jury notices without an invasion.) The CJ is my least favorite boss in the game and for me the one with the most lag, The cog round is a joke all you do is spam sound unless you have one soundless toon with you, the scale round just bores me to death with it's mindless button mashing, and while solo stunning is kinda fun there's always some idiots fighting over who should stun as @basebalkid mentioned in a fourm they recently made and it gets annoying, instead of focusing on ya know contributing to the boss over fighting over who gets rights to stun and im sitting here like who cares just stun and shut up. and then there's the rewards. as someone who's leveled up 2 toons on TTR i barely used them at all on either of them yup even summon an invasion i only recall using it once and it was for the defeat 25 number crunchers task in DDL while i'll admit that is a good use for it the fact that i rarely use them goes to show just how limited they are.

Welp that's it that's what i think of the cog HQs for those wondering how long it took me to type this it took about 27 minutes (oops) and for those of you who actually bothered reading this whole thing i applaud you strong soldier

Last edited: Mar 8, 2017
    • Like Like x 4
  8. Fat The Second

100%
    I did read the whole thing hysterical max. and it's interesting how much variety we're getting. You've got people who love law and hate boss and then you've got people who love boss and hate law

• Like Like x 1
  9. Megabutter
    Cold

Megabutter Elite Toon

100%
    As far as how worth it is to max each boss, tied to the enjoyment I get from it, I would say

CBHQ (Most fun boss fight and good reward.)

LBHQ (poor reward, but the aesthetics are the best)

BBHQ (boring facility, but a fun boss battle. Fires are nice when you don't want to deal with V2.0 cogs.)

SBHQ (best reward, very boring.)

10. featherwolf
    Cloud_9

featherwolf Elite Toon
    ATTA Supporter TTR Beta Tester

100%
    1. Cashbot HQ
    -Most fun boss and fun rewards. The trains can be annoying but the design is very interesting. People here are awful though; I'll spend 30 minutes trying to mint but no one will invite me because there's simply no way to do a mint soundless.

2. Lawbot HQ
    -I actually love the CJ fight, it's very interesting. I love understanding all the legal stuff now that I didn't as a kid. The HQ itself is gorgeous and I really love the design of the offices. I've done several CJ runs with Toon HQ groups and have yet to get a group that wasn't awesome.

3. Bossbot HQ
    -Love the "horror" aesthetic. The games in the golf courses are cute and spice things up. Just wish there were a variety of games so each course didn't feel so repetitive. Have yet to do a CEO but I honestly love the way the fights are set up.

4. Sellbot HQ
    -Factories are so boring and awful. Thankfully they're so easy that a soundless can get carried. VP is boring and trying to get into a decent group is awful. It's a shame the rewards are so good.

11. MoonLightRiver
    Sleepy

MoonLightRiver Elite Toon
    TTR Beta Tester

100%
    1. CEO
    2. CFO
    3. CJ
    4. VP

12. Megabutter
    Cold

Megabutter Elite Toon

100%
    I'm soundless, and I have to say I'm a little confused by this anti-cashbot stuff. Sure, some toons there are awful, but those toons will be in other HQs, too.

If you can do a golf course or a DA fast on your soundless, then mints are absolutely no different. Cashbot didn't become my favorite hq until after I maxed it :p

13. featherwolf
    Cloud_9

featherwolf Elite Toon

100%
    For whatever reason soundless is utterly despised in Cash HQ. Sell people tolerate it, Law people never seem to mind, and Boss people deal with it or leave, but I can never get invited to a mint despite being 119 laff with maxed gags. I stand there for so long and people just stand in front of me inviting everyone else and honestly it makes me sad.

14. Fat The Second

100%
    While cash is my favorite this is on point, and I'm wondering how it's going to go when Tarzaraus my soundless dog gets his suit....

• Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  15. Megabutter
    Cold

Megabutter Elite Toon

100%
    That means we must summon @basebalkid

• Useful Useful x 1
  16. basebalkid
    Lurking

basebalkid Cog Crusher

10%
    • Funny Funny x 1
  17. Megabutter
    Cold

Megabutter Elite Toon

100%
    What advice do you have for toons wanting to max cash and who deal with being ditched/kicked from groups?

18. basebalkid
    Lurking

basebalkid Cog Crusher

10%
    1. Be the group leader
    2. Go with friends

• Useful Useful x 1
  19. Maxwell Trollbreath
    No Mood

100%
    I know that you arent referring to me but my advice would be bring at least one friend and make a boarding group. Don't have any friends? well just hope and pray people are stupid enough to not check and see that someone is soundless

• Like Like x 1
  20. featherwolf
    Cloud_9

featherwolf Elite Toon

100%
    Tbh if people don't check they'll just dc first battle and ruin the mint

• Like Like x 1