1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Rank the cog HQs.

Discussion in 'Main Forum' started by Fat The Second, Mar 8, 2017.

1. basebalkid
    Lurking

basebalkid Cog Crusher

10%
    I find it best to be upfront about being soundless. However, the soundless community is pretty split on this topic.

2. Megabutter
    Cold

Megabutter Elite Toon

100%
    Couldn't have said it better myself :p

3. basebalkid
    Lurking

basebalkid Cog Crusher

10%
    Should have just said it yourself :p

4. featherwolf
    Cloud_9

featherwolf Elite Toon
    ATTA Supporter TTR Beta Tester

100%
    I've tried being group leader but people always leave after I invite them. :( I usually duo with my friend since no one else ever wants to come.

5. Megabutter
    Cold

Megabutter Elite Toon

100%
    My opinion would be this:

Regardless of whether you are group leader, or the highest toon in the run, you should do your best to take initiative, because from my experience in mints, no one else will. Just learn how to communicate strategies effectively. If everyone does their part then it will go by really smooth, and you won't need to hurl every time you enter CBHQ.

Last edited: Mar 8, 2017
    • Useful Useful x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  6. Loveless
    Cold

Loveless Stuck in my glory days KTTA ATTA Supporter TTR Beta Tester

100%
    This

• Like Like x 1
  7. That Soundless Horse
    No Mood

That Soundless Horse that pessimistic soundless horse TTR Beta Tester

100%
    Still haven't touched a bullion mint ever since that run.

Last edited by a Resistance Ranger: Mar 8, 2017
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  8. That Soundless Horse
    No Mood

That Soundless Horse that pessimistic soundless horse TTR Beta Tester

100%
    Ok, time to rank these now may as well heh. (I rank them from 4 to 1 4 being worst 1 being best)
    4. Lawbot HQ - I honestly, hate DA Offices, will find any reason to not to them (if it means going on pirate101 as an excuse to try and get Captain Blood's Jacket, great, if it means getting on xbox and playing Titanfall, great) and the cj battle just sucks because frames go tumbling down, and people are idiots, and all of that for a summon the cold caller.
    3. Cashbot HQ - Sound or bust players often found here, no refuting that claim, I'm afraid, that just ruins the HQ by itself
    2. Sell HQ - Easiest to max, best reward in-game, oh yeah, the repetitive factory isn't fun, but it's easy to do, so.
    1. Boss HQ - I'm a pessimist who loves dark and gloomy crap, (you can bet I loved haunted skyway on pirate101 too) and this was great, looked like where Batman would play golf, and the reward is second only to the sos cards.
    in terms of looks, Lawbot is good, with sell going in last, though.
    To add on to the topic, I advise making 2-3 alts for cashbot grinding on a soundless, that video my friend Hysterical Max posted is why I don't do runs with randoms anymore, haha.

Last edited: Mar 8, 2017
  9. Rookie
    No Mood

Rookie Elite Toon

100%

The "big boy" HQs are much better in my opinion.

• Like Like x 4
  10. 1) cashbot hq, the most fun to grind, in my opinion. i love running through mints. even if it is a little tough being soundless, when i have a good group runs are smooth. the cfo is fun too.

2) lawbot hq, i mean i've been trying to max lawbot for 7 months. i just love the style of it, and the music. da offices are well designed, and most people know how to play at that stage so runs are smooth.

3) sellbot hq, easiest to max for me. but it's also where i've been greened on lollipop the most. also, factories are a little boring.

4) bossbot hq, never got onto maxing it properly- i'm still a micromanager level 8. i don't like the version 2.0 cogs, i'm not sure about strategies with them. i also don't find the ceo fun at all.

11. toodles
    In-Love

toodles Gag Trainer TTR Beta Tester

35%
    1. Boss..I mean, the stock options become ludicrous but to me it's the most atmospherically designed. I like the concept of a gothic golf course, I like the music, and the rain. It's the spookiest and most entertaining and makes you actually pay attention. Real tension lol
    2. Cash. Can do it with my eyes closed and never bother craning, but the train yard is cool and I have fond memories of endless bullions with my first tt friends. There's potentially a good storyline with all those cog nation crates.
    3. Law. I don't hate this or anything, the HQ is very pretty, I think cuz Bilo is maxing it at the moment it's winding me up. At least I'm good at cannons and I can duo stun. The only thing I do with the summons is surprise low-laffers with super specific tasks. Every now and then you'll get impossible people in the D offices. Also no one knows how to play skull finder.
    4. Sell. Maxing my Sellbot suit was torture. The VP itself is fun enough but that doesn't make up for how mind numbing the factories are. There's no variety. It drove me crazy doing the same thing over and over again. I only ever do VPs now if I'm taking cold callers and little ones. It's rewarding and fun -- dull as dishwater with all hollywoods.

12. Chiwazii~
    Mellow

Chiwazii~ Cog Crusher

10%
    1)Cash

2)Boss

3) Sell

4) Law

Explaining on a phone sucks so to sum my reasons up its from funnest to least funnest, rewards, and getting promtions (sell and law gotta switch for that)

13. I'm all about aesthetics. So here are my aesthetical rankings of the headquarters:

1. Cashbot HQ (Tied with BBHQ)

I love the ramp leading up, and you can just see over the whole trainyard. Even running across the train tracks is fun. Also, the giant dollar sign on the CFO lobby entrance and safes (assumedly packed with cash) are a bonus. I've always wanted to hop on a locomotive and see where they go...

1/2. Bossbot HQ (Tied with CBHQ)

This headquarters looks great. The oil fountain is amazing. The gloomy, dead trees make it look like a cemetery... perfect. And although the rain is just blue lines, they made an effort; a very cool thought. The best part of all is the CEO lobby, what with the giant, curved ramp leading up to the ominous castle, and the lake of oil surrounding it. Also, has anyone else noticed that one yellow tree?

2/3. Sellbot HQ

It looks like the moon to me, what with the dead, gravelly ground and crater. The oil rig also looks nice. It's not that vast, but it does bring back good memories of when I was a low toon running around collecting memos and Lumber Jack's ticket from Glad Handers. I like the Sellbot Towers. Like BBHQ has the yellow tree, SBHQ has this one machine in the distance that looks like a Cog arcade booth or payphone? I don't know. You can see it by standing by the oil rig (left of Sellbot Towers), turning to the left, and looking into the background.

Last Place: Lawbot HQ

It's bland. The statue is pretty cool, but meh, not that impressive.

14. King T
    Daring

King T Elite Toon TTR Beta Tester

100%
    I'd like to first point out that I love all the boss areas, there's not one that I really hate- while on the other hand I have a distaste of some degree for all the mini-boss areas

1) Sellbot HQ - Those of you who took the time to read my information tab back when I actually put worthwhile information on it already know that Sellbot HQ is my favorite area on the map. It's my second favorite cog round and second favorite boss battle, gives out some of the best awards, and has my favorite mini-boss facility thus making it my overall favorite HQ.

2/3) Lawbot HQ - My favorite boss round and least favorite cog round (on par with CFO cog round), gives near useless rewards, and has my second least favorite mini-boss facility. However, having my favorite boss round it gets put on par with the CEO

2/3) Bossbot HQ - My third favorite boss round and favorite cog round, second favorite mini-boss facility, and gives fairly solid awards. The fact that it has the only cog round which provides challenge to a full group of 8 maxed characters puts it on par with Lawbot HQ for me.

4) Cashbot HQ - My least favorite boss round, least favorite cog round on par with lawbot HQ, and least favorite mini-boss facilities. This HQ does, however, offer arguably the best awards in the game- regardless it isn't enough to push it out of the spot for my least favorite HQ.

• Like Like x 1
  15. Lol, 1:49 at that video.

16. Mackenzie the Big Mac
    Tired

Mackenzie the Big Mac Elite Toon KTTA ATTA Supporter TTR Beta Tester

100%
    1. Cashbot (CFO)
    2. Bossbot (CEO)
    3. Lawbot (CJ)
    4. Sellbot (VP)

17. Violin3607
    Thinking

Violin3607 Cog Crusher

85%
    Alright. Here we go.

1. Lawbot HQ - I think most people either love it or hate it. I love it. I'm grinding Law right now, don't mind it at all. Then again, I'm only a Level 10 Big Wig. I love the aesthetics. D offices aren't too long, and the puzzles are fun and interesting (in fact, I'm in one right now). A lot of the toons know what they're doing, making it quicker. Let's move onto the CJ. The cog round is nothing different, could easily be gotten through with 4 toons spamming sound. I like the cannons - although in every group there's one/two/three people who fire inbetween 45 and 22. All Big Wig runs can get pretty intense, and who doesn't like a good challenge? For some reason, though, I find a lot of weird toons in Lawbot HQ. I've been asked to be someone's gf twice there, and hit on 4 times there. I've met some pretty nice and cool people there too, so they aren't that bad for the most part. The rewards kinda suck, but I don't mind too much,

2. Cashbot HQ - I don't mind bullions and the CFO is pretty cool too. But there's so many arrogant people there. And a lot of noobs/trainers/trolls - not as much as VP, but I still come across a lot. I like it for the most part, though. A bit boring and easy for my taste, but not bad at all. As someone said earlier, there are a lot of generic cats there that think they're better than everyone (not all cats, and no hate on cats either, I'm one myself).

3. Sellbot HQ - I really, really, don't like the variety of players. I know I can just ignore the low toons and not invite them, but it still annoys me. Factories and VPs are short and easy, but extremely boring. The reward is nice, a lot of SOS shoppers publicly, but I can deal with them. I only really do VPs/factories on my ubers, only way for me to make them less boring.

4. Bossbot HQ - I hate Bossbot HQ with a passion. It's so dreary and depressing, kills my mood and motivation. Back 9s are SOOO long, CEO is fun to do once in a while but again, it's so boring and tedious I wouldn't wanna do them time after time after time. Not to mention how long it takes to get a group. I'm not sure if I will even try to max Bossbot.

18. Kate
    Hot

Kate Forum Moderator Cast Member Forum Moderator KTTA TTR Beta Tester

100%
    1. Lawbot HQ - The HQ's design is my absolute favorite (I love shiny floors, ok), but content-wise, I find both DA offices and the CJ battle very entertaining. DA offices are just relaxing for me, and I've made a lot of friends through doing them. AND THE PUZZLES YES!! I like how LBHQ feels just a bit more exclusive than CBHQ and SBHQ because there aren't people constantly in the lobbies. It's just nice idk. And I think that the CJ battle is so cute because it's a toony take on the court system, which is unique to the other three battles that are based off of corporate characters.
    2. Cashbot HQ - CBHQ is pretty average, in my opinion. The CFO has never been my favorite battle because I could never figure out how to operate the crane properly even after watching a bunch of videos! However, it is very quick and easy to max! It also has one of the best rewards for so little time spent. Mints were kind of annoying to me because of the inconsistency. You could find a great group of players who are trying to finish DDL or max CFO, or you could end up with a toon who uses the bullion as a way to train their trapdoor at every possible opportunity. Then, the cogbucks received can be slightly different depending on the floor. I'm just really over bullions sorry LOL. Though it takes a while to walk to the CFO doors, I do like the train obstacle course you get on the way there.
    3. Bossbot HQ - I will say that I am not a big fan of the huge layout of the HQ. There's a lot of unnecesary terrain that makes it take quite a while to walk to each of the things that take place here. I casually CEOed on both TTO and TTR (I didn't really grind), so I've never experienced the dislike that many people feel toward the golf courses; I genuinely enjoy the mazes and cogball game. The CEO battle is probably my second favorite because while the cog battle parts can be a bit tedious, the waiter part and the final fight are so fun to me. Probably the most exhilarating part of the entire game is standing on a middle table in the last part, which is why it's my favorite spot LOL.
    4. Sellbot HQ - It's the most boring HQ, in my opinion, but that's to be expected because we've all been through it so many times! I don't think I've done many VPs since I maxed on Crush due to the intense lagging problem that I have during the pie round. It gets to the point where I can't even jump in time, but the cog part can still be fun! I normally did guild runs to avoid MORE lag, and I don't remember having many people problems. The design is a little ugly for me (why is there a hole in the middle?). As for factories, in the past, I ran 2 toons through at once and trained the little one's gags (primarily sound) while working on my bigger toon's suit. That and I used to pick different routes through the factories based on how many merits I needed or how I was feeling and yadayadayada. So yeah, factories are boring, but they can be bearable!

19. Violin3607
    Thinking

Violin3607 Cog Crusher

85%
    You know, I really shouldn't have even posted this just because the order of my favorite bosses changes 24/7 haha, oops!