1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

rant- Why are people so uptight in the CEO?

Discussion in 'Bossbot HQ' started by Fluffabunny, Sep 16, 2018.

1. Fluffabunny
    Thinking

Fluffabunny Gag Trainer

35%
    All right so... I realize bossbot HQ works a bit differently than all the other HQs because it is the only one with v2.0 cogs. This seems to have had the effect that strategy, rather than being based largely on the cogs present, is based more on some "formula" that the toons follow almost regardless of the cogs. However: I think people need to be a little more relaxed about this and not yell at people for violating some UNSPOKEN rule. (I've been playing Toontown for 10 years, but I never got far in bossbot; I'm a pencil pusher currently). I was just in a CEO and someone was very rude and yelled at me (or was it another toon, for using a fire? I don't even know) despite the fact that I was asking what the rule was--no one bothered to answer, by the way. And here's the worst part: they get mad at you for what you did in GENERAL and don't even tell you why. They just say something like "um" or "..." or "sigh" or criticize the gag you did choose ("NO CAKE!") without telling you what you should have done instead. After one of these vague criticisms that was made because I was out of trunks, fog, and I used an aoogah while someone was doing Opera, I asked what was the problem this time, what was the correct thing to do? Then she called me rude and said I should learn how to do the ceo. ????! Excuse me, that is exactly what I'm trying to do, but no one wants to be helpful and instead wants to get mad for unstated reasons. I guess I am expected to thoroughly research the internet before daring to step foot in this strict, joyless, professionals-only zone. Well here I am, ceo- pros: Besides the one-fog left to right rule, is there some rule that involves cakes in the first round? I asked but no one would tell me. Perhaps here is the "appropriate" place to learn how to CEO, rather than, you know, CEOs themselves.

2. Fluffabunny
    Thinking

Fluffabunny Gag Trainer

35%
    Additionally, did I do something wrong if in the second round, there were level 11s, someone fired one, someone did an opera, a trunk, and I did an aoogah?

3. Cloudy
    Spaced

Cloudy Cog Crusher KTTA TTR Beta Tester

10%
    I've honestly had experiences like that quite often in not just the CEO but also the other bosses. To the point even that I avoided bosses for the longest time out of fear :( . On one hand, yes, sometimes I do make a bad call, and I'll own up to that. On the other hand, I don't always know WHY it was a bad call.

If someone makes a mistake, it certainly isn't your duty to teach them, but you don't need to vaguely complain if you're unwilling to constructively comment, I feel.

That being said, have you tried the Cold Callers Guild for CEO runs? (Which, given your laff and suits, I assume you already know about them!) It makes building your suit a lot slower, I realize, but I've found that people are generally more amiable in them.

I can't say I know of any specific rule aside from the "1 Fog Rule".

Anyways, I understand your frustrations. It seems that people forget to consider that some people play for fun, and people make mistakes!

• Like Like x 3
  4. Little Spotty

Little Spotty Cog Crusher ATTA Supporter

10%
    I see this type of attitude with the VP of all places! It's a place for lower laff toons to begin their journey but some people act like you need to be 100 laff with maxed gags before even stepping foot in the lobby. I play this game to chill and have fun, it's kind of ridiculous how seriously people take it. I think one of the biggest problems is that the game is full of young teenagers in their edgy phases who just don't want to lift a finger to help and enjoy criticizing others without explanation. How is anyone supposed to get better when they're met with toxic attitudes and vague "educate yourself"s?

• Like Like x 2
  5. Teeth

Teeth Elite Toon TTR Beta Tester

100%
    because ceos and back 9s take too long even when done perfectly, and with the nature of v2 it's very easy for one poor player to significantly increase this time

• Like Like x 2
  6. Cloudy
    Spaced

Cloudy Cog Crusher KTTA TTR Beta Tester

10%
    I can understand that, but often what these players miss could be easily explained rather than brushed off and scoffed at. I think it's unrealistic to always expect people to be nigh perfect, even with high-level Cheeses. If you go into these with great expectations, I doubt you'll always have a good run.

• Like Like x 2
  7. Adorkable Mousie
    Innocent

Adorkable Mousie Cute Adorkable Toon :D TTR Beta Tester

100%
    The only thing really with cakes in the first round is if there’s a set with 3 9s and a 12 for example, it’s expected that someone throws either a cake or a piano on the 12, while the rest of the group uses a fog and 2 trunks to take care of the 9s. If there’s more than one 10 in that first set though it’s definitely better to just use a fog and 3 trunks to take care of at least 3 of the cogs.

You’re definitely not required to read strategy guides on bosses, but in the same token no one is required to teach you about the boss either. There’s really no point in running into bosses blind if you’re just going to ask the most basic of questions that would have been answered if you take a few minutes to look into a guide. The most basic combos to kill regular cogs should definitely be known for the ceo, which some still struggle with and makes runs much longer. A quick “one fog rule left to right” usually covers most of the beginning of the battle, and basic cog math and cog health knowledge definitely goes a long way in this boss battle even with 2.0s. It’s not expected you’ll master everything in one go, but you’ll eventually learn what gags will one shot a 2.0, and learn about carryover damage and how you can save gags using carryover.

• Like Like x 1
  8. A Person
    Amused

A Person Elite Toon

100%
    Don't take it personally, most people in CEO are now experienced people who get SO upset when someone messes up. But eh, I think I was lucky with my first group when I messed up.

IDK if this was answered earlier but, typically its one fog, three trunks. Starting from the left I believe. This is done to minimize gag loss. Since I'm assuming that you aren't very familiarized with CEO, just stick to this plan route, even when other people modify it with using cake or a 7 (which is done when it's obvious the cogs are going to do major damage). If the rest of your team is more experienced and they all use stuff like throw, lure, and tu — take it as a cue to temporarily change your strategy for the round.

Lure and TU go hand in hand here too. Either wipe out the entire row of cogs, or lure them.

I personally hate people who get all rude and prickly when someone makes a mistake, but I also strongly dislike people who make mistakes and have an attitude about it (I am not referring to you). I guess I'm like the middle line?

I think the best way to deal with this should probably be to just brush it off in a somewhat indifferent way, maybe the other people will stand up for you. I know I would.

• Optimistic Optimistic x 2