1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

should i save other toons with my toonup unites?

Discussion in 'Main Forum' started by xboxman, Apr 11, 2019.

?

is it justified to let them die?

1. yes

63.6%
  2. no youre a meanie

36.4%
  1. xboxman

xboxman New Toon

alright first of all i only made this account to post this thread, whenever im in a boss round mainly the ceo because people are pretty bad at dodging attacks in this boss i always lie and say i have no unites despite the fact that i always have a lot of toonup unites because im always saving up to solo something. The reason i don't use unites to save them isn't because i'm too selfish and wanna hoard my rewards i would rather keep my rewards but i have no problems using them to save other toons. the reason i usually don't use them to save other toons is because even without me using them people never die frankly this game is too easy i would say i play a lot and i mostly do boss fights and the only time toons ever die is once maybe every few weeks and even then if i wanted to save them with a unite i could have. There isn't enough challenge in the game and toons never die to the point where i'm secretly rooting for them to die when i see them continuously getting hit in the ceo. Don't get me wrong I still do my best to fight and don't take any of the heals the only thing i do to contribute to them dying is not using my toonup unites to save them. I feel like it makes the game a lot more boring when at high levels there's basically no risk of dying and even if you did die there's basically no repercussions for dying, it takes a few minutes to get your laff back maybe you have to get some jellybeans who cares you lose your lvl 7s but those are very easy to get back and you almost never need them anyway. the only significant loss about dying is losing the time you already invested before dying. these nearly non existent repercussions as well as nearly no risk of ever dying have resulted in me secretly rooting for people to die and getting excited when they do (i just wanna state again aside from not using unites to save people i don't troll or do anything to make them die) i wanted to know what people thought about this if me kind of hoping toons die because of the low risk and low repercussions of dying is justified or its still just uncalled for and rude to let people die when you have the rewards to save them.

2. Adorkable Mousie
    Innocent

Adorkable Mousie Cute Adorkable Toon :D TTR Beta Tester

100%
    Nobody should ever be required, or expected to, use their rewards to save others for their bad gameplay. Failure in itself can be used as an opportunity to learn from mistakes and get better, which is the whole crutch of the Dark Souls series of games, which yeah I know those games are in a whole different league in terms of difficulty and aren't in the same genre, but those same lessons can be had here especially at the CEO. The CEO doesn't have that many attacks, and has tells that warn what he's about to do well in advance besides his gear attack perhaps, but given time it's pretty easy to not take any damage at all from the CEO after learning all his attacks compared to the more chaotic nature of the final round of the CJ.

• Like Like x 4
  3. Lady Coconut
    Goofy

Lady Coconut Elite Toon ATTA Supporter TTR Beta Tester

100%
    I agree with Mousie above. If you don't want to use your rewards, that's 100% up to you, and does not make you selfish at all. Heck, you earned them! I think more toons could stand to learn from their mistakes, or even other toons' mistakes. (And good question, it shows you care about your fellow toons!) :p

"A mistake should be your teacher, not your attacker. A mistake is a lesson, not a loss. It is a temporary, necessary detour, not a dead end." --Unknown

• Like Like x 1
  4. That Soundless Horse
    No Mood

That Soundless Horse that pessimistic soundless horse TTR Beta Tester

100%
    That's up to you. I use them for myself, cause well, they're scarce in general, does it make me selfish? Possibly, but if you don't get in a position where you need the question will never come up.

5. Bambi
    Cloud_9

Bambi New Toon ATTA Supporter

If you want to hoard all the rewards, you can. This is a game thay revolves around grinding, essentially greed is good.

• Funny Funny x 1
  6. Tooner12345
    Amused

Tooner12345 Gag Trainer TTR Beta Tester

60%
    what's the point of hoarding them lol?

7. Roran
    Spaced

Roran Gag Trainer ATTA Supporter

35%
    I share the same mentality. I remember back on TTO everything seemed much more challenging as a whole. The whole wishing people would die thing is pretty commonplace for me tbh, I'm not saying I try to let it happen but I prefer to do boss runs for example in mixed groups involving skillsets and laff levels because in the end it's a much better experience when not everyone can fog their way through and you have to strategize, people are more vulnerable, etc.

I'd say hoard the rewards as someome who avidly solos. They come in handy.

• Useful Useful x 1
  8. King T
    Daring

King T Elite Toon TTR Beta Tester

100%
    law of the jungle

• Funny Funny x 1