1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

SOS toons explanation

Discussion in 'Main Forum' started by Blockhead, Jul 12, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Blockhead
    Thinking

Blockhead Elite Toon

100%
    Can anyone clarify a few things about SOS toons? (And may as well add the details to the TTR wiki)

What order to SOS toons come in? Does it depends on their type?

Which ones can miss? Can drop SOS toons miss? If a drop SOS misses, does it miss for all cogs?
    Wouldn't allowing a cog stun, such as sound gags first, be better before calling in a drop SOS?

Tyvm

2. Greenwabbitcandy
    Breezy

Greenwabbitcandy Elite Toon

100%

Order of soses

Idk what order that come in but I assume it's probably restock all or toon up sos first followed by the others corresponding to their action order in their gag tracks

Then attack soses come into play,they will be used together with other toons using the same gag track(eg.drop sos toons will drop along with the sos toon)

Accuracy

Now this is pretty weird,I have never seen an sos miss before but here is what I THINK I know.

Toon up sos-
    Never miss

Lure sos-
    Never miss but if you are lureless,it doesn't matter what lure sos you are using,the cogs randomly unlure after 1-2 rounds

Trap sos-
    Never miss but if you use a trap sos card and another toon uses trap or another trap sos card all gags cancel each other out!!!

Sound sos-
    Never misses

Drop sos-
    Now this is the only sos that can miss but it works in a weird kind of way,let's say your drop is level one,your drop sos will only hit level 11s and below.

If your drop is level 2-3(idk about this,someone please clarify),your drop will always hit no matter what.

If your dropless,it will only hit level 10s.

But this is only based off my experience,look closely at those solo toon runs and you will see their barnacle Bessie's never miss but if you wanna play it safe,sounding before attacking is nice :)

3. Chip Googlepop
    Lurking

Chip Googlepop Hall of Fame Hall of Fame

100%
    I'm pretty sure that Effect SOS cards such as Restock, Cog Miss, and Toons Hit are executed first. Then the Gag SOS cards follow the same order as Toons do from the Schticker book. As far as I know, SOS cards have perfect accuracy with a couple of exceptions. First, if Cogs are lured, Drop SOS will always miss. Second, Attack SOS cards will always hit, unless paired with a similar Gag attack. For example, a Toon uses Moe Zart (80 Sound attack) and the others use 3 Trunks. In that situation, there is a possibility that all the attacks will miss due to the Trunks not having perfect accuracy.

If you do have questions about SOS cards, feel free to drop an Email to [email protected]. I'm sure that they will be more than happy to answer clarify any questions.
    Drop may work differently. My experiences, I haven't seen it miss, but that's not to say it can't. Like I said before, asking TTR Support should clarify questions like about the Drop SOS.

4. Blockhead
    Thinking

Blockhead Elite Toon

100%
    Thanks everyone. This should go on TTR wiki.

5. JazzMan
    Hot

JazzMan Elite Toon TTR Beta Tester

100%
    According to some of Frizzy Doggenpop's videos, if you are dropless, then drop SOS has lower accuracy.

6. Froggy
    Bored

Froggy Gag Trainer

35%
    Actually, that's where the stars come in. I've just done 2 VP's, both of them were low star sos's. The first one being Nancy Gas, 3 star lure. I used her on the first floor of a 5 story invsaion, she missed. I used again in the second VP, it missed. I then used my second sos, another Nancy card. I used both of them again, in the another building. They both missed. So, I'm assuming that if a 3 star can miss, so can a 5 star.

7. Kitt Kitt Lou
    Innocent

Kitt Kitt Lou Elite Toon

100%
    In SOS Cards (when used alone with no gags backing them up) there is no such thing as "accuracy". It is either a hit or a miss. As said above, with different conditions come different results.

Lureless - Lure SOS don't lure cogs for all 4 rounds.

Dropless - Bessie hits level 10s and under, Franz hits level 9s and under, Clumsy Ned hits level 8s and under. If given a stun to a minimum ONE cog, all drop SOS toons hit.

Hmm. I've never ever seen a Lure SOS miss unless it was used with other lure gags. Can you explain the situation more? I've used countless Lure SOS toons in solos back in TTO (approx. 230) and none of them missed.

1. Did someone lure with the SOS?
    2. Are you a lureless toon?

8. Beary Funny2

Beary Funny2 Cog Crusher

60%
    The only situation where that could occur is if you do not have lure yourself.

9. Froggy
    Bored

Froggy Gag Trainer

35%
    I have lure myself, highest being 10$. I was helping a friend with her LOM task and she's lureless herself. I used Nancy to get rid of her, and it missed. Nobody else used lure since we were attempting to duo. I thought it was a mistake, used it on the next floor, still missed.

10. Kitty Megasprocket
    Cheerful

Kitty Megasprocket Cog Crusher

60%
    Can SOS toons only be used once, then have to be earned again?

11. Prof. Flapjack
    Energetic

Prof. Flapjack Elite Toon
    ATTA Supporter TTR Beta Tester

100%
    The only time an SOS card can miss if you dont have that gag track (and even then its still rare)

12. JazzMan
    Hot

JazzMan Elite Toon TTR Beta Tester

100%
    Yes

• Useful Useful x 1
  13. Kitty Megasprocket
    Cheerful

Kitty Megasprocket Cog Crusher

60%
    Thanks!

• Like Like x 1
  14. Kitt Kitt Lou
    Innocent

Kitt Kitt Lou Elite Toon

100%
    I apologize. I made a mistake. For all dropless toons, all drop SOS hit level 10 cogs and below and miss level 11 and 12 (unless otherwise stunned in the same round).

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.