1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Toon background.

Discussion in 'Fan Made Writings' started by Fleabag Fluffenwoof, May 30, 2017.

1. Fleabag Fluffenwoof
    Fine

Fleabag Fluffenwoof Cog Crusher

85%
    Just looking through this thread makes me so happy that I'm not alone in giving my toons little stories and personalities. <3

Any tips on expanding on background/backstory?

2. HappyLappy
    Yeehaw

HappyLappy Toon Ranger TTR Beta Tester

40%
    To make a good backstory, I would say,
    1. Make your character's story believable. Don't sugar-coat it, and don't make it the most depressing tale in the world.
    2. Make sure to justify a character's actions using the backstory. Evil or mean characters usually experienced something to make them that way.
    3. Make the backstory interesting and somewhat unique. Add events that you would enjoy reading about.
    4. Think about your character's personality, and make the backstory fit that. Unless you create the backstory first- in that case, make the personality somewhat fit the backstory.
    5. Make sure you like your backstory! If you don't like it, think about what you don't like so you can fix it.
    6. Have someone else read through it. Ask them for constructive criticism, so you can improve upon any mistakes.
    Sometimes, it's hard to make the perfect backstory for one of your characters. Don't let that discourage you, though! Once you think of the perfect backstory, it'll be much easier to further develop your character and make them grow. Hope that helps!

• Useful Useful x 1