1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Toon Town Online Trading Card Game

Discussion in 'Toontown Memories' started by Djcloud84, Aug 21, 2018.

1. Djcloud84
    Angry

Djcloud84 Cog Crusher ATTA Supporter

35%
    So I’m kind of confused. Searching the interwebs I stumble apon, The TTO TCG! It’s old. There’s really no YouTube videos or any sort of documentation on it other then the Wikipedia showing the pictures of the cards. I have a couple of questions and if someone out there can anwser something for me or Clarify something for me that’s be amazing.

Are the trading cards made officially by Disney?

We’re they originally found card packs?

What is the value of a card?

Is it worth my time collecting?

And lastly, where should I go to find these old cards, besides eBay of course.

Like I said, I have no idea where to find information on these ancient cards so I am going to the forums to find some answers. Thanks!

• Like Like x 1
  2. twinkleberry
    Chatty

twinkleberry Elite Toon
    ATTA Supporter TTR Beta Tester

100%
    Yes, the original trading cards were made by Disney. (As TTO was owned and operated by Disney!) I believe they were mailers that either Disney mailed to you with a "catalog" of sorts. I also believe you could request one to be send to you via mail. Disney stopped doing this once they gained a large audience in which they were unable to mail everything out. They then turned to emailed versions, and the game's catalog/ website.

They weren't found in card packs, members were just sent a few at a time. But, if you kept receiving them or other members of your family got them as well, you could have collected all of them.

I don't know the value of the card or if it's worth your time collecting, but if you feel like you want to invest your time and money into getting them go right ahead! If you like it, others' opinions shouldn't matter.

TTR also sends out mailers from time to time, you could just opt to get those instead.
    --- Double Post Merged, Aug 21, 2018, Original Post Date: Aug 21, 2018 ---
    Also, I think either Loopy or Slate made youtube videos on them, so maybe look them up?

3. Djcloud84
    Angry

35%
    Darn I just looked it up I wish I got the ones that came out like 2016 I was playing ttr then. When eBay has none, anywhere has nothing.

4. Sir McQuack
    No Mood

Sir McQuack Elite Toon KTTA ATTA Supporter TTR Beta Tester

100%
    would be cool if there was a actual toontown TCG with boosters and all that

• Creative Creative x 1
  5. Lady Coconut
    Goofy

Lady Coconut Elite Toon ATTA Supporter TTR Beta Tester

100%
    Oh man, I remember TT Trading Cards!! I had no idea it was supposed to be a game, I was still just a kid :sweatsmile:
    But I definitely remember the mailers they sent out, I would feel so so cool when I'd get a new one with that official "FOR TOONS EYES ONLY" on the front. Ah, the nostalgia
    :bluebear:

6. Little Spotty

Little Spotty Cog Crusher ATTA Supporter

10%
    I don't think it was supposed to be a game since the cards just listen information. There were never any rule cards or pages sent out either.

7. lkbuster
    Mellow

lkbuster Gag Trainer

25%
    The cards are sparse on eBay. As mentioned, the cards were sent out in mailers exclusively. I lost all my newsletters and cards since I was a kid, but I wrote to Jesse Schell asking for an autograph and he sent me back the contents of maybe 5 or 6 member mailers that Disney apparently had lying around. Super cool of him. He also sent me a Toontown mouse pad. If you plan on buying cards, expect to pay about 20$ for 5, or wait until a good deal comes around.

• Optimistic Optimistic x 2
  8. linktlh
    Curious

linktlh New Toon TTR Beta Tester

40%
    As everyone has said, This worked fairly simply. You'd sign up for a mailing list, (If I remember correctly your Toontown Online account needed to be with a memebership..) and every so often they'd send you a newsletter with a few cards inside. I actually opened one of these newsletters Earlier this year if you're interested in what it looked like here's the video: I did mute the sound as my voice is absolutely unbearable.

Edit: As far as I'm aware they were never intended to be a game. I believe they were meant to be a little collectible fun thing.

Last edited: Oct 9, 2018
    • Like Like x 1
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  9. Djcloud84
    Angry

35%
    why did you use a butter knife

• Funny Funny x 1
  10. linktlh
    Curious

linktlh New Toon TTR Beta Tester

40%
    Well well uhhhhh you see.... I was trying not to destroy the envelope. So.. #nocomment.

• Funny Funny x 1