1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Toontown - Rubberhose Edition

Discussion in 'Content Packs' started by Boxley, Jul 25, 2017.

1. Boxley
    Gloomy

Boxley Cog Crusher

10%
    [​IMG]
    Hello all!
    I've been playing Toontown Rewritten for a few months now and I've recently started development on a content pack that would make the game black and white; as simple as that.

I'm trying to remove most of the colour from the game with a few minor exceptions as well as replacing all the music with something a little bit more jazzy or swing-inspired to give the whole game a very 1920's vibe; not to mention just adding a few touches to things to make it look more retro inspired.

But I'm having a little trouble but in the meantime, I thought I'd share what I have and see if anybody can give me some feedback or help? I'm also not too sure how the posting on this site works so sorry if this seems a little messy.

All I have are some screenshots of what I have so far.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Jul 25, 2017
    • Creative Creative x 7
  2. Boxley
    Gloomy

Boxley Cog Crusher

10%
    Just as a note, I have a current list of issues and if anybody knows how to fix them, that would be amazing information.

The things I have just now that I don't know how to fix (if at all) are:

- Characters. I don't know how to edit or remove the colours of the toons. Is this possible? I can't find any colour maps for those.
    - Walls. Some random walls, buildings (Like Goofy's Gag Shop) are all still in colour, the hedges from Daisy's Garden, assorted things like that.
    - Clothes. Whilst some clothes are without colours, others still have it, despite the fact that I've removed the colour maps I could see.
    - Text. This is only the building text, I'm not sure if this is possible but if it is, any help is great!
    - Winter Textures. For some reason, some of the items in the game, such as gags, have been replaced with their Winter texture. I have no idea how I did that.

If anybody knows how to fix these or has any ideas how to help, that'd be great!

• Like Like x 2
    • Useful Useful x 1
  3. Soundless Sam

Soundless Sam New Toon TTR Beta Tester

40%
    Hey is there a download link for this pack? Absolutely love it! Just what I've been looking for. I'd been searching for a pack where only the toons were colored and all else was B&W.

• Like Like x 2
  4. Boxley
    Gloomy

Boxley Cog Crusher

10%
    It won't let me edit my main post for some reason, so in turn, I'll just have to just post my updates!

I still have largely the same issues but I can just update the downloads with a WIP download link!

Here's the Download link [and it is VERY WIP]
    Toontown_Rubberhose_Edition

• Like Like x 2
  5. Flippin Flip
    Bored

Flippin Flip New Toon KTTA TTR Beta Tester

40%
    are you still working on this pack?

• Like Like x 3
  6. Skeletons
    Sad

Skeletons New Toon

40%
    I absolutely LOVE this pack! It is sooo cool! Hope you keep on working on it!!!

7. Loveless
    Chatty

Loveless Something in you lit up heaven in me KTTA ATTA Supporter TTR Beta Tester

100%
    upload_2017-10-20_18-47-29.png

I hope he is and comes back, but it has been a month without a trace

• Like Like x 1
  8. Boxley
    Gloomy

Boxley Cog Crusher

10%
    Okay. Heya people.

I lost my hard drive back in October 2017 and haven't gotten around to playing Toontown since then. I'll hopefully start back up on this pack but the amount of issues I was having with it really frustrated me since I couldn't find any clear-cut explanation why everything wasn't in Greyscale.

But possible expect some kind of update eventually/maybe!

9. Mousemallow
    Sweettooth

Mousemallow Elite Toon
    ATTA Supporter TTR Beta Tester

100%
    This looks really cool so far and makes for a really creative idea for a texture pack!