1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Toontown - Rubberhose Edition

Discussion in 'Content Packs' started by Boxley, Jul 25, 2017.

1. Boxley
    Gloomy

Boxley Cog Crusher

10%
    [​IMG]
    Hello all!
    I've been playing Toontown Rewritten for a few months now and I've recently started development on a content pack that would make the game black and white; as simple as that.

I'm trying to remove most of the colour from the game with a few minor exceptions as well as replacing all the music with something a little bit more jazzy or swing-inspired to give the whole game a very 1920's vibe; not to mention just adding a few touches to things to make it look more retro inspired.

But I'm having a little trouble but in the meantime, I thought I'd share what I have and see if anybody can give me some feedback or help? I'm also not too sure how the posting on this site works so sorry if this seems a little messy.

All I have are some screenshots of what I have so far.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Jul 25, 2017
    • Creative Creative x 6
  2. Boxley
    Gloomy

Boxley Cog Crusher

10%
    Just as a note, I have a current list of issues and if anybody knows how to fix them, that would be amazing information.

The things I have just now that I don't know how to fix (if at all) are:

- Characters. I don't know how to edit or remove the colours of the toons. Is this possible? I can't find any colour maps for those.
    - Walls. Some random walls, buildings (Like Goofy's Gag Shop) are all still in colour, the hedges from Daisy's Garden, assorted things like that.
    - Clothes. Whilst some clothes are without colours, others still have it, despite the fact that I've removed the colour maps I could see.
    - Text. This is only the building text, I'm not sure if this is possible but if it is, any help is great!
    - Winter Textures. For some reason, some of the items in the game, such as gags, have been replaced with their Winter texture. I have no idea how I did that.

If anybody knows how to fix these or has any ideas how to help, that'd be great!

• Like Like x 2
    • Useful Useful x 1
  3. Soundless Sam

Soundless Sam New Toon TTR Beta Tester

40%
    Hey is there a download link for this pack? Absolutely love it! Just what I've been looking for. I'd been searching for a pack where only the toons were colored and all else was B&W.

• Like Like x 2
  4. Boxley
    Gloomy

Boxley Cog Crusher

10%
    It won't let me edit my main post for some reason, so in turn, I'll just have to just post my updates!

I still have largely the same issues but I can just update the downloads with a WIP download link!

Here's the Download link [and it is VERY WIP]
    Toontown_Rubberhose_Edition

• Like Like x 2
  5. Flippin Flip
    Bored

Flippin Flip New Toon KTTA TTR Beta Tester

40%
    are you still working on this pack?

• Like Like x 3
  6. Skeletons
    Lonely

Skeletons New Toon

40%
    I absolutely LOVE this pack! It is sooo cool! Hope you keep on working on it!!!

7. Loveless
    Cold

Loveless Edgy Teen KTTA ATTA Supporter TTR Beta Tester

100%
    upload_2017-10-20_18-47-29.png

I hope he is and comes back, but it has been a month without a trace

• Like Like x 1
  8. Boxley
    Gloomy

Boxley Cog Crusher

10%
    Okay. Heya people.

I lost my hard drive back in October 2017 and haven't gotten around to playing Toontown since then. I'll hopefully start back up on this pack but the amount of issues I was having with it really frustrated me since I couldn't find any clear-cut explanation why everything wasn't in Greyscale.

But possible expect some kind of update eventually/maybe!

9. Mousemallow
    Sweettooth

Mousemallow Elite Toon
    ATTA Supporter TTR Beta Tester

100%
    This looks really cool so far and makes for a really creative idea for a texture pack!