1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

TTR bans & reports?

Discussion in 'Main Forum' started by CommunistKitty, Mar 28, 2017.

1. CommunistKitty
    Psychedelic

CommunistKitty Elite Toon ATTA Supporter TTR Beta Tester

100%
    Hey everyone! So this is a question that I think all of us have at one point or another, especially with toons using reporting as a threat method. From personal experience I went through the trouble of emailing screenshots, in addition to an in game report on 2 toons for spamming offensive language and attempting to green in a VP and I still see them occasionally in game. I won't repeat the words of these toons, but it was easily enough for a perma ban. On the contrary iv'e heard of people falsely being banned for some silly reasons. Today I had a incident where a toon threatened to report me for taking my time to run into the elevator. Should this raise concerns? I believe that it's silly to use the report button unless the toon is TRULY partaking in some horrendous behavior such as explicit language or in some instances of greening. What have you or your friends been banned for and what was the duration?

• Like Like x 1
  2. Domino Mouse
    Snobbish

Domino Mouse Blue Bear's Pet Mouse
    TTR Beta Tester

100%
    mods don't do much, when they do it's something minor like a 1 week mute

• Like Like x 3
    • Useful Useful x 1
  3. Phenomena
    No Mood

Phenomena Elite Toon
    ATTA Supporter TTR Beta Tester

100%
    While I haven't been banned and can't answer the last question, it is concerning to see people using the report feature to threaten others and also that some have been allowed to return despite constant bad behavior, while I hear of many others who get banned for what seems to be no reason that the person is aware of or as you said, something silly. :confused2:

Then again, I'm not a game moderator and know it's not an easy position from moderating forums in the past. One of the biggest challenges was knowing when to ban or not ban, edit/delete a post or leave it be. Sometimes it's a clearly cut and dried case and other times it can be a little murky.

:eek: Oh my!

• Like Like x 3
  4. CommunistKitty
    Psychedelic

100%
    For sure! I'm sure its a very stressful job, especially as the TTR staff is made entirely of volunteers who take the time out of their days to make the game better. I do think that it is a problem that people are so ready to report even for such minor things, especially if they just dislike a toon for whatever reason(that is why we have the ignore feature). I'm sure it doesn't make it any easier for the mods who have to then go through read through every report. :(
    --- Double Post Merged, Mar 28, 2017, Original Post Date: Mar 28, 2017 ---
    Yeah, iv'e heard of the muting punishment quite a bit as well!

Last edited: Mar 28, 2017
    • Like Like x 3
  5. HappyKat
    Curious

HappyKat Elite Toon ATTA Supporter TTR Beta Tester

100%
    I mean I think in my opinion just don't go to vibrant unless you want your toon to falls sleep and her/him accidentally banned for false reporting. Also it really is stupid for all these false minor reporting like this happen to me while I was in the VP. I told a low toon to sound but he squirts instead and the holly kills him for the blame the whole side teams up on me and false reports me for greening..

Coming from someone with moderation experience in two online kids game its really is a stressful job. It really takes to focus and watch over the game every hour for people just abusing the rules and waiting for trouble yo be spurred up in the game itself

• Like Like x 2
  6. CommunistKitty
    Psychedelic

100%
    I'm not sure how they could even ban for greening unless it was in the chat logs that the toon made it very clear what he was trying to accomplish. Toons go sad in the VP all the time, typically from their own mistakes so I don't think its fair to point fingers at one toon unless say they were unluring cogs with weak gags or not healing a specific toon. :( Sorry to hear that happened to you.

• Like Like x 2
  7. Loveless
    Chatty

Loveless Something in you lit up heaven in me KTTA ATTA Supporter TTR Beta Tester

100%
    Don't worry, they don't even punish the people who do actual nasty things.

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  8. FantariaTempesta
    Tired

FantariaTempesta Forever Tumbling Down (x3) ATTA Supporter TTR Beta Tester

100%
    I haven't been banned yet, I'm a selective mute in-game. I only speak to my friends and that's all. I don't attempt to help anyone since the last 3 times I've tried, I've gotten greened. I don't bother reporting because it's practically useless. I don't VP even though I can, I just choose not to since it's just a bad time (from what I keep hearing.). So, I just keep to myself when I play. It's just not worth it to do anything else, honestly.

• Like Like x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  9. Adorkable Mousie
    Innocent

Adorkable Mousie Cute Adorkable Toon :D TTR Beta Tester

100%
    For the VP, just train your gags and go with a shopping group on the toonhq site if you want more experienced toons to go with. I haven't been screwed by them or seen anyone really all that mean. They just want good sos cards fast so they don't screw around.

• Like Like x 3
    • Useful Useful x 1
  10. CommunistKitty
    Psychedelic

100%
    It does seem that way doesn't it :(

• Like Like x 3
  11. Loveless
    Chatty

Loveless Something in you lit up heaven in me KTTA ATTA Supporter TTR Beta Tester

100%
    Emails need to be sent multiple times, and even then, it's frustrating that to see any change you need to write an entire email...

• Like Like x 3
  12. CommunistKitty
    Psychedelic

100%
    Absolutely true, VPing with randoms is not for the faint-hearted :joycat:. However nearly all of my Toonhq VP runs have gone relatively smooth with maybe one exception. I'd definitely recommend it just like you have :).
    --- Double Post Merged, Mar 29, 2017, Original Post Date: Mar 29, 2017 ---
    When I went through the process they literally wanted every single detail about not only their toons, but also my own. Right down to district and time. Honestly in most cases it's unrealistic to get this information especially since these attacks usually happen in battle where youre unable to get the Toon ID which seems vital for the report. :(

Last edited: Mar 29, 2017
    • Like Like x 4
  13. Snakebite

Snakebite Guest

The support system also sucks I sent in 3 emails in Sunday, and they said they'll get back to me like they said a month ago about removing a false mute since I got warned for joking around with my friend in whisper :disappointed:, yet the people who do sick stuff (cough cough warriors) don't get warned.

• Like Like x 3
    • Useful Useful x 1
  14. Prof. Flapjack
    Energetic

Prof. Flapjack Elite Toon
    ATTA Supporter TTR Beta Tester

100%
    Well you are warned before you report someone, ensuring you to ask yourself "is this really rule breaking?" as you can get banned for false reporting; Now whether this matters or not is entirely dependent on the staff that control TTR behavior.

Considering its a small team that do not get paid, you cannot ensure that reporting is going to be useful when they have more important jobs to do. (though it may give you a satisfaction of justice served)

Honestly for all the negatives with TTR i would deal with it solely for the fact that the team is small etc etc, just be more careful of what you do in game! Even spamming in whispers can get you banned which is annoying since both recipients are fine with it.

• Like Like x 1
  15. Maxwell Trollbreath
    No Mood

Maxwell Trollbreath sly.exe TTR Beta Tester

100%
    To add on that according to slate blue rabbit you can get banned for using speedchat. Screenshot by Lightshot

• Like Like x 5
  16. Well, yeah. I doubt one report does much, but if a bunch of people gang up on you, then... well, you have yourself a situation like I do. People who troll and green get light bans or nothing at all, and yet, people who don't get the bad ones. Yeah, I've said some mean things to people in the past; I admit. But I stopped doing that after my first mute, and I still get punished. I've noticed much more people getting banned lately. A lot of my friends were banned as well, and their friends, for something as simple as glitching. I don't think the mods thoroughly check your (chat) logs anymore, if they check them at all. And therefore, innocent people who ACTUALLY CARE about playing get punished. Great system! :rage: (Oh, and if you get kicked, instant mute and/or ban, from all of my experiences.)
    Wow! I wonder if I can get banned while muted!

Last edited by a Resistance Ranger: Mar 29, 2017
    • Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  17. CommunistKitty
    Psychedelic

100%
    Geez LOL, I guess thats the price we pay for playing a family friendly game.
    Something I will say about Disney while they were strict is that they would always email you to thoroughly explain why you were banned including a chat log with the offending text.(My friend and I still laugh at ours from years ago). But we have to remember that we can't expect the same from a staff that doesn't get paid and is short handed to begin with. It is annoying, and at times even seems a little bit unfair that high laff toons who actually actively play are the ones receiving bans and troll toons who don't even bother to level past TTC seem to go unscathed. This may be partially due to so many people abusing the report button as well. Honestly, I would like to see them put more effort into figuring out if the toon was truly in the wrong before using the ban hammer in order to avoid anymore false bans. :(

• Like Like x 3
  18. That Soundless Horse
    No Mood

That Soundless Horse that pessimistic soundless horse TTR Beta Tester

100%
    I tried to stay optimistic for a long time, a long, long, time, about the staff, but once the new mods started to act up, I ended the act, and slate saying 'well if you spam you stink your a cyberbully so we're gonna ban you hahahahaha" was the icing on the cake.\

Last edited: Mar 29, 2017
    • Like Like x 4
  19. Me too. I wanted to like them, but I couldn't. Like my Language Arts teacher.

• Like Like x 4
  20. That Soundless Horse
    No Mood

That Soundless Horse that pessimistic soundless horse TTR Beta Tester

100%
    so much youtube evidence of the incompetency I just can't share on this site because of it not being child friendly as well.

• Like Like x 2