1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

TTR getting boring

Discussion in 'Main Forum' started by LollipopPickleberry, Jan 27, 2018.

1. Hello there,

I hope this is the right section, I am new to the forums. I know this has probably already been expressed multiple times, but I just wanted to share some thoughs I have on TTR.

I started playing TTR two years after TTO had been shut down, and of course it has some nostalgia moments to it. I played up to 35 laff / Donalds Dock and then after months or years I decided to go on with my 35 laffer. It was pretty fun leveling up my toon up to Donalds Dreamland, and then it got to the grindy part and I lost interest in the game. It just isn't really fun for me to try leveling up lure and sound up to Hypno goggles / foghorn. I'm still far away from those gags with my 74 laffer..

Anyway, what bothers me more than this grindy part are things related to TTR, mostly:

- Constant game crashes and giant lags. For example, I had an enormous lag in the Coint Mint yesterday, which caused me getting disconnected from the server. I noticed some really heavy lags during the winter/christmas holidays/events especially when doing buildings. I don't know if this is related to the double exp event or not. The lags make the game almost unplayable, which is unfortunate.
    - Low population. The TTR staff stated having over 1 million players (at least people who signed up on the TTR page). How come there is only a population of 2000? (This is like the maximum I've ever encountered). The only server with a solid population is Zoink Falls, and that is mostly due to the DD AFKers.
    - Some weird glitches and bugs (Toon HQ)

Mostly though the problem with the lags/crashes and the low population are the main factors why this game has become unattractive for me. Now, please do not take this post as an offense or anything remotely similar to that, but as a way of feedback to improve the game. This game has a huge nostalgia effect for Toontown fans, and TTR is a great project, and of course I appreciate every single bit of the work the TTR staff puts into the game!

Sorry for any grammar/spelling/syntax mistakes, it's kinda late here. :D

• Like Like x 3
  2. Aiyman
    Cynical

Aiyman Elite Toon TTR Beta Tester

100%
    Tbh almost everyone has been getting bored of TTR. I honestly don't see the point of actually playing the game seriously. The grinding is constantly repetitive, there is really no fun and challenge in the game. The only real challenge if you ask me is finding the Toontown community to be likable, which is impossible.

• Like Like x 3
  3. Stinkerbell
    Mischievious

Stinkerbell New Toon ATTA Supporter

40%
    I think a lot of people feel this way. I just came back to the game and am still very low laff, so I've been having a lot of fun building my toon up again, but I know it's only a matter of time before I get bored of the repetitiveness. I felt this way on TTO, too. I'm hoping that the TTR devs will add more content, especially for higher laff toons that have pretty much reached endgame.

• Like Like x 2
  4. TheMiSP
    Thinking

TheMiSP Gag Trainer

60%
    Some/most of it is just the classic syndrome of reacting to the grind which is not a problem exclusive to this game, per se.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Detrevni
    Fine

Detrevni Elite Toon ATTA Supporter TTR Beta Tester

100%
    This game is as grindy as it gets for sure. After 10 years, I just quit two months ago, so you aren't alone. Lately, I've been playing Skyrim with a bunch of mods, much better-designed game.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Adorkable Mousie
    Innocent

Adorkable Mousie Cute Adorkable Toon :D TTR Beta Tester

100%
    I'm still having fun playing around with my cute adorkable toons since it's a nice cute escape from adulthood for me. The game itself has definitely gotten pretty stale tho to the point there's plenty of multiple gag-less toons (toons that leave off more than one gag track by not training it) to the point it's becoming really silly at this point. I would love to see a Toontown 2 of sorts or a spiritual successor of some sort that fit modern standards while being it's own thing.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Stinkerbell
    Mischievious

Stinkerbell New Toon ATTA Supporter

40%
    I saw a toon with 120 laff or so and his highest squirt was the squirt gun. I was very confused.

8. Adorkable Mousie
    Innocent

Adorkable Mousie Cute Adorkable Toon :D TTR Beta Tester

100%
    Yeah its one of those squirtless toons. You need the squirt gun for a task, so why he/she has it there.

9. Detrevni
    Fine

Detrevni Elite Toon ATTA Supporter TTR Beta Tester

100%
    Yeah, I call that purposeful inconveniencing of other people.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Secundus
    Busy

Secundus Elite Toon ATTA Supporter TTR Beta Tester

100%
    It's a cool game with cute mechanics. But you know some people have to play the game of real life. After you reach ~120 laff and advanced significantly on suits, no doubt it'll get boring.

• Like Like x 1
  11. Prof. Flapjack
    Energetic

Prof. Flapjack Elite Toon
    ATTA Supporter TTR Beta Tester

100%
    With any game with a grind, the grind gets boring. Thats how it is in order to advance to the new areas of the game. But you can get to all new areas at 100 laff, with 37 laff remaining. The reason why the game is boring is because you can do the same things at 100 laff as you can at 137. There's no real incentive.

• Like Like x 6
  12. Fleashu
    Sweettooth

Fleashu Gag Trainer

10%
    I stopped playing for months because of grinding then I came back and reached to Donald's Dreamland. I realized how much grinding there is in Donald's Dreamland, so I stopped playing for months again. I want to max my toon but theres so much grinding it will be worth it, theres a very high chance I might come back and grind.

13. BalloonDiary
    Cloud_9

BalloonDiary New Toon

40%
    I also just started TTR, but I'm not bored of it yet. I think the lag and crash problem also depends on your computer specs (RAM, Display card, ect). But I agree with you about the low population, I was thinking because I played in the not peak time.

14. Fleashu
    Sweettooth

Fleashu Gag Trainer

10%
    And there was a very high chance after all, I been playing Toontown all day for Saturday and Sunday.

• Funny Funny x 1
  15. Rookie
    No Mood

Rookie Elite Toon

100%
    The game’s a joke.
    1 million registered accounts. However, alot of those are alternate accounts and/or accounts from people who don’t play this anymore.

• Like Like x 2
  16. Prof. Flapjack
    Energetic

Prof. Flapjack Elite Toon
    ATTA Supporter TTR Beta Tester

100%
    you cant really expect much

17. Fleashu
    Sweettooth

Fleashu Gag Trainer

10%
    Sometimes when I do a building this one toon just doesn't say anything and usually the building gets a bit boring or when someone is typing slow but what can I say? Its a mmo game.

18. FantariaTempesta
    Pensive

FantariaTempesta Forever Tumbling Down (x3) ATTA Supporter TTR Beta Tester

100%
    The game has been boring for a while, surprised it took people this long to feel the same. You max one toon, you've maxed them all. You do one building, you've done them all. Rinse, repeat.

Snore.

• Like Like x 2
  19. soundwave12345
    Asleep

soundwave12345 Gag Trainer TTR Beta Tester

10%
    I got bored too... I had one Toon that maxed and I am bored right now.

20. Ponytail

Ponytail New Toon ATTA Supporter

This is my 2nd time around playing this game. I maxed a character and then moved on to another game. I played that one until I felt I was done with it and moved on to something else. Now I'm back to playing this one because I missed the fishing, racing, the gags, the boss runs, and just the silliness of it. I love to play this game because its fun and there is so much that I can do. I can understand though how people get bored because that's just what happens with all games. Once you get maxed and do all that you can do its time to move on to another game. No sense hanging in there wondering what to do LOL. Move on to something else. Later on you might want to come back like I did. What I like about coming back now is that when I signed on today I saw a new upload fixing a bunch of bugs. I logged in and it looks like its working really good - the developers here are really working on stuff. A lot of other games I played just kind of try to pass it off. They do a great job here for free and it doesn't cost the players anything and I really appreciate that. Anyways, having said all that I hope you guys move on to something else, enjoy it and then come back later to see what might be new :D.

• Like Like x 2