1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

TTR getting boring

Discussion in 'Main Forum' started by LollipopPickleberry, Jan 27, 2018.

1. Sir McQuack
    No Mood

Sir McQuack Elite Toon KTTA ATTA Supporter TTR Beta Tester

100%
    ttr doesnt really put in the effort of creating something new that isnt something before or something that isnt buggy upon release. people were like "oh they are so dedicated" and now they dont even do anything.

• Like Like x 1
  2. Czarcasm
    Spaced

Czarcasm Elite Toon ATTA Supporter

100%
    Yeah, it is definitely repetitive. I haven't maxed my main yet because I do not like golf, racing or fishing... but it is my goal to max her, some day..

I'm now playing my alts more often because I can get one up to 132 real soon just from bosses. The game get's boring, I end up taking several months off from it and then get back into it, I always get sucked back in eventually. It's like an unhealthy relationship lol

• Funny Funny x 2
  3. Adorkable Mousie
    Innocent

Adorkable Mousie Cute Adorkable Toon :D TTR Beta Tester

100%
    My soundless has definitely revived my interest in the game since it makes the game more strategic and fun imo. I haven't had a whole lot of soundless hate yet, though I know it's coming in cash and boss to some extent with back 9s. It's a really good feeling though when others do compliment me and like going with me in certain areas since I prove myself to be a pretty good player. Golfing is still utterly broken so there's really no point losing your sanity over it as of right now, besides the first laff point maybe since that's still easy to get.

• Like Like x 3
  4. Hello, just wanted to pick this up.. I have reached 103 laff now and I'm done with the DDL ToonTasks (doing the Tasks for the Lawbot suit now..). I still have to get lvl 6 Toon-up (and eventually max it), and train my level 4 drop up to piano/max.. but I don't really feel like it's worth the time really since the end-game basically only consits of grinding.

At the same time though it feels good to have most things done (except for Toon-up, Drop and you know the cog suits)..

Does anybody feel the same way or have you also quit Toontown at this stage?

Last edited by a Resistance Ranger: May 23, 2018
    • Like Like x 2
  5. QLM1717
    Cheerful

QLM1717 Elite Toon KTTA TTR Beta Tester

100%
    I'm always a 100 percent person for every game but this game is an exception. The bosses are fine but the problem is gardening and racing for me. Racing is okay but gardening just takes too long.

• Like Like x 3
  6. Cheyenne Sweet
    Bashful

Cheyenne Sweet Cog Crusher

35%
    I've never quit Toontown entirely, but I have taken long breaks from it when I found it was getting too repetitive. I always end up coming back, though. I think taking some time away from the game can be very helpful when you're feeling like this! It allows you to come back feeling refreshed and ready to do some more grinding. :p

I only do 3/4 gardening laff boosts, 1/3 golfing laff boosts, and 6/7 fishing laff boosts because they add up to an even number and I hate doing them. I won't even touch racing; I'm much more interested in doing the bosses. I'm not usually a completionist when it comes to games, though. My philosophy is that games should be fun and I'm not going to force myself to do something I don't want to do just so I can say I completed the game in its entirety. Life is too short to play games you don't like! :p

• Like Like x 3
  7. Yeah, I feel the same way. I never quit Toontown entirely, but usually I am absent for some weeks or months until I feel like playing again. At the moment, I have to prepare for final exams so this has priority.

• Like Like x 1
  8. King T
    Daring

King T Elite Toon TTR Beta Tester

100%
    a game that hasn't had an update in a decade is getting boring ?? ? ?

golly

• Funny Funny x 1
  9. Sir McQuack
    No Mood

100%
    i forgot that it was 10 years since a actual good update released (that being bbhq in toontown online)

10. Kooky Spinner
    Sleepy

Kooky Spinner Elite Toon ATTA Supporter

100%
    I think a good amount of people will return once the silly meter takes place. It seems like a good feature to add.

11. Adorkable Mousie
    Innocent

100%
    Hopefully the big surprise this year won't just be redone field offices. They've already confirmed that the executive office tower won't be coming out anytime soon during the livestream, which was a big disappointment to me tbh since we definitely need more end-game content these days.

12. A Person
    Amused

A Person Elite Toon

100%
    Clash Cashbot better be interesting then :(

• Useful Useful x 1
  13. Sr.Quack
    Cold

Sr.Quack Gag Trainer KTTA TTR Beta Tester

10%
    Holy cow, I really think crashing is very stupid and the team should hire more people that can help.

14. Tristin
    Cheerful

Tristin Cog Crusher

60%
    Personally I think the game can get repetitive if you play every day doing the same things over and over (i.e maxing HQs). I do think the TTR team are aware of it though. They know the player-base has fallen and they are now looking at new ways to get people interested again. They're in a bit of an awkward situation though as they're not necessarily able to advertise because that would seemingly be monetizing the game.

As far as crashes go, regardless of what PC I use I've never had much trouble with crashes. I can play for a few hours with no issues crash-wise though I do get quite a bit of lag on my laptop - which is more down to the age of it than the game. Maybe I'm one of the lucky ones. The only place I've had any issues is ToonFest where my toon keeps getting stuck on the trampolines because other toons seem to be able to jump on while I'm on it which causes my toon to get stuck. A relog always fixes this though.

I do get bored and take breaks and then come back after a few weeks but I'll never hate on the game for it. It's taken the TTR time to hire new people to make new content and they're well on their way to adding it to the game. Also, I play games with much less than 2000 players and they still function normally. Population doesn't bother me. As long as there's enough toons to continue progression I don't find it to have a massive impact. We do have to remember that they don't get anything back from all the time they put into the game and they are still living their lives outside of it. I think the community are quite demanding and they are never going to please everyone. I'm just glad I can satisfy my urge to play ToonTown since Disney got rid and I'm grateful for the teams efforts to keep it going. I know there's other servers but it's just not the same as the original game. I appreciate that about Rewritten.

I'm mostly excited for the new content though. :p Once that comes out I'm sure the population will come flocking back.

• Like Like x 1
  15. Adorkable Mousie
    Innocent

100%
    Vanilla toontown is honestly a fundamentally broken game with how sound is the dominant strategy in pretty much every situation. The cogs are way too weak and go down like flies with sound, and can pretty much be ran with little to no thought making one into a bored zombie just grinding away at the game. Tu just fixes mistakes way too easily like nothing ever happened. I really like the ideas of having higher level cogs with more health or some sort of defense against sound so that the strategy has to be changed up every now and then. I definitely like being able to mix up sound with other gags since it does take a little thinking to pull it off, and helps save some valuable gags. Cogs can definitely have some better ai and more powerful attacks so that better strategy is encouraged to avoid mistakes. I’m guessing stuff like that would probably have to go into a higher difficulty mode so that those who enjoyed regular toontown can do those, but for bored veterans having harder bosses and cogs would do wonders and revive interest.

• Like Like x 2
  16. Tristin
    Cheerful

Tristin Cog Crusher

60%
    I couldn't agree with you more. I am hoping the new Sellbot Field offices add a bit of panic into the game with the removal of most of the gag tracks. New strategies will need to be invented and that really gets me pumped to keep getting better so that I'm ready for when they are released. Fingers crossed they are looking at mixing it up. I'm not sure if the cogs in there will be stronger but I would hope so. No use going through all the trouble to create new models, etc, only to have it be same old same old.

They have loads of opportunity. People say the way Toontown was created causes it to be a bit limited, but there's so many ways they could branch it out. Map is full? New page, new map for a whole new world/toon or cog village. There's loads of movement if only people had the creativity to come up with it. That's why the private servers are doing pretty well. They're using it all to their advantage and people are really enjoying it. TTR on the other hand is a bit stuck in the old ToonTown ways. Hopefully something new will come soon enough to reignite peoples urge to play.

17. Sir McQuack
    No Mood

100%
    Yeah, hopefully they make Field Offices worthwhile.

18. Silentroyalty321

Silentroyalty321 New Toon ATTA Supporter

40%
    I feel it's boring when you're just grinding, grinding, grinding task after task after task. I can do that for a while until I get fed up, Ill sometimes train my doodle in between cog fight (get low laff then train my doodle while I laff up.)

Another activity that makes it less repetitive that I enjoy would be cashing up on jelly beans via the trolley or fishing and depositing it into my home safe.

Another activity, is find some tooners on the street and ask if they want to take out some cog buildings great EXP. or even ask tooners if they need help with a task or ask if they can help you with a task.

Or train up on some gags with low lvl Cogs.
    Fun all around.

Last edited: Oct 20, 2018
    • Like Like x 2
  19. zach_is_terra111
    Thinking

zach_is_terra111 Gag Trainer KTTA ATTA Supporter TTR Beta Tester

85%
    I still like the game, but yeah, grinding gets repetitive. We got Thwackville to mess around in though! :D

20. LukeToon
    In-Love

LukeToon New Toon KTTA ATTA Supporter

40%
    Yes I think the game get kind of boring sometimes