1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Tutorial On Running Multiple Toons At The Same Time

Discussion in 'Game Guides' started by Nendobear, Oct 25, 2014.

1. Nendobear
    Spaced

Nendobear Cog Crusher TTR Beta Tester

10%
    Howdy, toons!

I'm sure most of you have stumbled into this: you see about 4 toons standing somewhere, which totally look the same, and, well, they are all being played by just 1 person!

This has always been possible, but used to cost a lot of money back in the day. Since Toontown Rewritten is obviously free, there's no money restriction at all! Everyone can do this (IF They want to.)

Today I've made a quick tutorial on how this is done, covering the very basics. It really isn't difficult at all, but hey, not everyone is as handy, right?

Well, for those of you who might try this out, have fun, otherwise, HAVE FUN ANYWAYS! :)

• Like Like x 2
  2. ryanashstaff

ryanashstaff Gag Trainer

50%
    I have watched this before. I made a new account, but then I decided to focus on one. What do you think? Should I get one very high first, or make them play equally?

3. Whens Dinner
    Question

Whens Dinner Elite Toon

100%
    The answer is both. If you are just starting then run both as it saves overall time. When you attempt to go in certain areas such as a vp or something you may want to leave one behind to ensure the success (so a higher toon could go and help you survive). Training one is still slow but once you have one new toons are easy.

4. ryanashstaff

ryanashstaff Gag Trainer

50%
    Thanks for the tips. I really like your advice. Playing TTR now. Haha.

5. Whens Dinner
    Question

Whens Dinner Elite Toon

100%
    Let me know if you want to play dual toons together, it can be fun and I could show you how I do things :) - which... really isn't that special and is very simple.

6. Marcel

Marcel Guest

always wanted to multibox on toontown!! glad im able to now, since I don't have to pay :)

7. DynamiteFR
    Thinking

DynamiteFR Gag Trainer KTTA

60%
    Haha when i was young i wanted to do the same !

Thanks for your video,i'll try it later

8. Unfulfilled
    Tired

Unfulfilled Elite Toon ATTA Supporter TTR Beta Tester

100%
    You probably need a lot of RAM to do this, right?

9. peppergloop
    Mischievious

peppergloop Gag Trainer

60%
    its things like this that will kill the game so you think its fair to run multiple toons and clog up sever space when lets say a person struggles to play one because youve got your own army of toons running around just because something is free does not give you or anyone else the write to abuse it we could all make loads of accounts and have loads of toons but to me this is just totally wrong

10. Whens Dinner
    Question

Whens Dinner Elite Toon

100%
    To me its a challenge. One toon isn't a challenge, its old hat and quite simply easy. Keep track of twice as much information and movement is fun. You shouldn't make tons of alternate accounts, that is true as you can't play that many toons. I have two accounts, I really only play two toons... I could create a third account but I dont need it so I don't create it. It is free, so you are right we must respect it and not abuse it. If an activity is lagging heavily I usually disconnect one of my toons to try to alleviate the groups lag (happens in some factories, vps, etc.) so that their toons dont DC. For the most part though, the servers handle my toons and others nicely.

11. Blaise
    Angelic

Blaise Gag Trainer TTR Beta Tester

60%
    To be honest I completely agree with peppergloop. I never agreed with this when people played it in Toontown and I don't agree with it now. Third Party software should not be used in order to speed up any aspect of the game whether that be training gags, bossing or whatever as it puts them toons at a huge advantage.

Of course part of the fun of Toontown battling is having to communicate in order to get your strategy right, occassionally making mistakes and being put under pressure but coming out on top in the end. That is how you make new friends and since Toontown is a social game that is obviously a main element.

Despite that though I don't want you to think I'm getting angry towards you. This is not an illegal Toontown practice and therefore I tolerate anyone who does do it although questionning their morales.

12. Unfulfilled
    Tired

Unfulfilled Elite Toon ATTA Supporter TTR Beta Tester

100%
    Honestly, I think this explains one of the reasons why invasion districts get filled so quickly, because there are times when I see people running two toons at the same times during that invasion.

13. LoopyDawg59
    Chatty

LoopyDawg59 Gag Trainer

35%
    It wouldn't hurt to do multiple Toons if you'd like a challenge. I for one agree with the idea of Multiclienting mainly because it can be a challenge to keep track of two active Toons. And with the two biggest ones, Multicontroller and MutiToonControl, you can keep track easier. Training would be easy for someone if they multicliented. The thing that might irk people is the idea of multiple Toons multiclienting, though. Although it is a problem, I believe it would be much better to have 4 people with 2 Toons each do a VP rather than low Toons trying to force people to do a VP with them. That way, greening is reduced, and only 4 people need to communicate. There is also the concept of doing videos with multiclienting, but that's a topic for another time.

14. Loveless
    Asleep

Loveless Edgy Teen KTTA ATTA Supporter TTR Beta Tester

100%
    I find it rather helpful, my sibling and I each get our own account and since I am more addicted to the game, I have toons on his. I am actually working on a toon on his account. It's rather handy having my main to help it!

15. Whens Dinner
    Question

Whens Dinner Elite Toon

100%
    I see no issue in running two toons at once as long as a few assumptions are made about the game, and the player overall:

1. The game has the server space to accommodate the second accounts of all the toons running two accounts at all times.
    The reason it must be at all times, and not just when playing is toons who multibox will often always run them together, meaning that at peak times there will at least be some toons attempting to multibox and therefore slowing the game down and/or preventing another player from playing the game.

2. The player is skilled enough at running to as to not slow down the other toons running with it.
    This is incredibly important. In the vp, cfo, cj, and ceo you MUST be skilled enough to run both toons and USE them both in the battle. You should not park one toon otherwise the group would be better off with a separate person.

Once you have this established, it is actually quite beneficial to have players using two.

Fore example, more toons in the game (despite there not being more players) allows for others to spend less time waiting to do things. This is especially relevant in the later boss battles of the CJ and CEO (and their merit areas) as getting a group can take time. Waiting for one less toon can save significant time for everyone.

This brings up another point - if you run two, but not well enough to make assumption 2 above correct, you can bring your second toon in a situation in which waiting for another toon would take longer than the increased time it would take the group to do the battle because you are on two.

It also allows players to level up a toon on their own and makes gag training easier. For purists maybe this is a negative - and thats a fair argument - but it does teach strategy to force someone to make two toons work together (which isn't the same as four toon strategy so hey, maybe not so great). It also means its easier to get a high toon and results in more toons running around to do end game (post ddl) content. This is arguably a good thing, depends on your point of view.

Anyway I think the really important thing is that the person play two toons is a skilled player with one toon. If you can't handle one toon optimally and struggle with boss battle mechanics or even gag choice itself you are not ready for two toons. For example, I can consistently solo a vp pie round, cfo safe round, cj scale round, and the ceo seltzer rounds. Thats not me bragging - many people can do this, its just that those are the people who should be multiboxing toons in boss battles. If you can't do this you can still multibox say a factory or bullion etc. Just know what you're capable of and don't waste others time.

Thats the biggest point for me, assuming 1 and 2, don't waste other peoples time and multibox all you want.

16. Kazue

Kazue Guest

To be honest all opinions are accepted. The pros of it is that it can be challenging and you dont have to wait for someone to play with you (in my case). The cons of it is that it can speed up your process of the game, which isn't necessarily bad, but its not original.

17. hex
    Spaced

hex Cog Crusher

60%
    but wheres the OS X support

18. That Soundless Horse
    No Mood

That Soundless Horse that pessimistic soundless horse TTR Beta Tester

100%
    I've done all of this
    I selected both windows
    I have them on blue
    I selected the tt multitoon controller
    nothing happens
    --- Double Post Merged, Oct 30, 2015, Original Post Date: Oct 30, 2015 ---

19. Legitamate
    Yeehaw

Legitamate Elite Toon

100%
    I just use 2 computers :)

20. Satorus

Satorus Guest

Multi-toon is kind of dumb IMO. I just like to have two windows open, considering how slow it is. When I press the Ctrl button, it takes a second or two for both the toons to jump. Sigh.