1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Unpopular Opinions on Toontown

Discussion in 'Main Forum' started by Mirai, Feb 22, 2017.

1. Multitasker

Multitasker Cog Crusher

85%
    I second your seconding. Donald's Dreamland is perfect for the big cog drops and heading down to any zone below the brrgh nets easy 4 story buildings.

For those who aren't agressive trainers, be an aggressive trainer and make every 4+ story building a 5 story in an invasion.

• Like Like x 2
  2. Detrevni
    Fine

Detrevni Elite Toon ATTA Supporter TTR Beta Tester

100%
    Exactly what I did. Went to invasions like double talker or whatever and soloed 4 stories. Forgot to mention I didn't even hae lure until I finished Lil Oldman's tasks.

3. Multitasker

Multitasker Cog Crusher

85%
    Interesting to do it lureless. I did my most recent halfway duoed, halfway with some soundless cult members (old, long since been disbanded group)
    Got it done in my goal time of 80 minutes too. Name of the game was the most streamlined gag loadout (restocked only 5 times on the 20 buildings) and not losing laff. 2 fog was reserved for basically top flooring.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Maxwell Trollbreath
    No Mood

Maxwell Trollbreath sly.exe TTR Beta Tester

100%
    on my lureless i soloed most of my buildings without lure and without invasions, i could've soloed all of them but i didn't feel like it

5. Catty Potter

Catty Potter Gag Trainer TTR Beta Tester

10%
    Okay so what good benefits are there from other gag tracks? Tell me. Oh, by the way there are about 5 from org throw.

6. Maxwell Trollbreath
    No Mood

100%
    Note this is only for squirt and sound
    SQUIRT: an org storm cloud kills lured 10s, saving you more throw to use for later
    2 organic hoses kills lured 9s saving throw.
    1 organic hose and 2 normal hoses kills lured 11s again saving more throw to be used for later
    an organic cloud and a hose kills 12s
    an organic cloud and an unorganic cloud kill lured 12s
    an organic geyser and a hose kills lured 12s
    an organic geyser kills unlured 9s
    1 organic hose and 2 normal hoses kill unlured 9s
    an organic geyser and a storm cloud gives big carry over damage to lured 12s
    SOUND: 2 organic fogs kills 10s
    2 organic fogs and 1 trunk kills 11s
    2 organic trunks kill 6s
    1 organic fog 2 trunks and an aoogah kill 10s
    1 organic fog and a trunk kills 8s
    4 organic trunks kill 9s
    I think an organic opera and an organic fog take out 12s but im not entirely sure on that

• Like Like x 3
  7. Catty Potter

Catty Potter Gag Trainer TTR Beta Tester

10%
    Are you sure that 2 org trunks kill 6s? 23 + 23 = 46 + 20% (8) = 54
    I was actually considering going org sound a few days ago for a duo team but I didn't think it was worth it considering the only real benefit I saw from it was two fogs defeating 10s and 1 org fog and reg. trunk defeating 8s. I admit that there's a lot of information here I didn't know about, but I stand by what I said. Even though there are quite a lot of benefits to squirt they just don't seem as beneficial to me. It mightn't be bad in duo though.

I'll assume you already know about throw's benefits but I'll just go ahead and list what I know anyway:

-Org fruit pie defeats lured level 5s
    -Org cream pie defeats level 5s
    -Org cake defeats level 9s and lured level 11s
    -Org wedding cake defeats level 10s

The real benefit to org throw is that you can use it on its own without the need for assistance. I'd say it's definitely the best for solo, the only other contender being lure. Though I think you really need org cake for solo or you'll have trouble against 11s.

• Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  8. Teeth

Teeth Elite Toon TTR Beta Tester

100%
    20% of 46 is 9.2, and the multiple gag bonus always rounds up so therefore 2 organic trunks will do 56. As for solos, if you're going for doing a speed run the only benefit to organic throw is that you can use a wedding on unlured 10s, as you tend to either fire, bessie or use a fire.

Also, 3 organic creams kills an unlured 11

9. Mae Borowski
    Blah

Mae Borowski Cog Crusher TTR Beta Tester

85%
    i literally find it the hardest thing to make friends within this community ppl just arent all that friendly :/

• Like Like x 4
  10. Mizutani
    No Mood

Mizutani Elite Toon

100%
    Only one of those needs to be organic with the aid of a trunk to kill 12s. That combo (organic fog + organic opera) does 154 which is 12 points shy of the minimum amount of damage needed plus the gag bonus of killing 12s.

• Useful Useful x 2
  11. Daffni
    Nerdy

Daffni Cog Crusher TTR Beta Tester

85%
    I don't play toontown for the social aspects. :oops::eek:

• Like Like x 7
  12. Mae Borowski
    Blah

Mae Borowski Cog Crusher TTR Beta Tester

85%
    Teamwork and friendship are marketed and encouraged to be a major aspect of TT so even if you don't willingly like to make friends the social climate still has an effect on the way the game will be played. Although, you could play TT without friends but at lower levels it makes it alot harder.

• Like Like x 1
  13. clam

clam Gag Trainer

10%

I played with friends under 50 times in my TT life. (Since 06)

14. Fat The Second

Fat The Second Elite Toon TTR Beta Tester

100%
    UO: Bringing doodles back was a big mistake.

15. How so? I admit they can be cumbersome and laggy but I don't think it was fundamentally a bad choice
    --- Double Post Merged, Apr 29, 2017, Original Post Date: Apr 29, 2017 ---
    when the esc button screws you over and opens windows start menu

16. Snakebite

Snakebite Guest

The CEO is my favorite boss.
    They shouldn't have changed the Cashbot mint music.
    The election species are pointless, they are not new content.
    I like Photo Fun.
    I did not like the tweak to Clerk Penny by making the trapdoor -70 instead of -100.

Last edited by a Resistance Ranger: Apr 29, 2017
  17. Maxwell Trollbreath
    No Mood

100%
    Clerk Penny never did 100. Do you mean changed it from trapdoor to quicksand?

• Like Like x 1
  18. Snakebite

Snakebite Guest

Yeah, that's what I meant my bad.

19. BlueCherry12
    Sweettooth

BlueCherry12 Gag Trainer

35%
    I have a few:

- TTO was way more fun. Yeah, you had to pay for memberships and all but the overall atmosphere was friendlier and people actually wanted to socialize. I miss going golfing and racing, and going to each other's estates with my friends because we thought it was fun, and not just to get laff points (Anyone remember how awesome 48-hour cannons used to be?). TTR doesn't give me nostalgia, because it's not even the same. It's just a bunch of rude teens and young adults trying to max three toons at a time like it's some big chore.

- There is no "worst" -less for me. It all depends on your strategy. If you're more of a solo person, going tu-less or sound-less is fine. If you're more of a group person like me, then going lure-less (or also tu-less) isn't an issue given the fact that someone else will probably do it for you. Trap-less and drop-less are indifferent to me. They're both rarely used and only there for "support".

-I have no issue with short cat toons or cat toons in general. They look cute. I'll only be annoyed by you if you're rude, not by your looks.

• Like Like x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  20. winter
    Cold

winter Cog Crusher
    ATTA Supporter TTR Beta Tester

10%
    Most of Coach Z's problems with other players are due his insatiable ego. While some of his videos are helpful, his others reek of self-entitlement. I think toons should be allowed to play the game however they want, and not how some youtuber told them to.
    (Yeah, he quit tt/youtube, but it's still quite relevant because Multiple toons still try to force others to abide by his 'rules' :rolleyes:)

• Like Like x 4
    • Funny Funny x 1