1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What did you want to be as a kid? Has that changed?

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Enter, Feb 7, 2017.

1. Mackenzie the Big Mac
    Tired

Mackenzie the Big Mac Elite Toon KTTA ATTA Supporter TTR Beta Tester

100%
    Younger: A great dancer

Older: A gamer

• Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  2. Whisker Loopy Writer
    Amazed

Whisker Loopy Writer Elite Toon
    ATTA Supporter

100%
    When I was 9 years old in fourth grade, I hoped to one day become a French Teacher. I never knew that someday I would be able to work as a teacher's assistant for a 7th grade French class for the co-op program offered at my high school.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Miniapollo17
    Relaxed

Miniapollo17 Social Media Team Cast Member Social Media Mini Mod

100%
    I used to want to be an actor on tv, but tbh the work environment disgusted me ever since the 8th grade so I changed to computer science or something computer related.

Also for a bit I wanted to do graphic design but I just started thinking otherwise for various reasons.

4. Lady Coconut
    Goofy

Lady Coconut Cog Crusher ATTA Supporter TTR Beta Tester

35%
    When I was really young, like 4, I wanted to be an actor. Then I started playing Sims games and I wanted to build houses, architect I suppose. Then I wanted to be a game designer. And now I'm thinking about architect again, even though I'm really not the best at math, but I sure love building houses!

5. louisvuitoon&sillydroopy
    No Mood

louisvuitoon&sillydroopy Cog Crusher TTR Beta Tester

35%
    That's might seems to be totally crazy, when I was a kid, I wanted to be the guy who empty trash bins (don't know English name of this job) because I loved their trucks and I would loved to push the buttons to catch the bins and empty it in the truck lol !
    I know they are different in the US so here is how the trucks looks like in France :
    [​IMG]

Now, I'm student in Communication branch, to be Community Manager (the guy who reply on social networks for companies) or any job in communication (there is a lot and they are very similar, so I will choose it depending of local jobs opportunity lol) !

• Like Like x 1
  6. Sanjaya
    Lurking

Sanjaya very distressed eggplant
    ATTA Supporter TTR Beta Tester

100%
    i wanted to be so many things as a kid, from a dentist, to a veterinarian, an actor, a musician, etc.

in my teens i got certified in dog grooming because i thought that's what i wanted to do, and halfway through the course i realised that is not what i wanted, but they wouldn't refund the money so i had to finish it and get my certification.

when i was about 18, i realised i wanted to work with children, so i thought about becoming a pediatrician, but all the years of medical school, having to learn how to administer and prescribe medications, and so forth kinda discouraged me from it.

now at 21, i still want to work with kids and teenagers. i have my heart set on adolescent psychology and hope to enroll in uni for it when i can actually afford it.

• Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  7. twinkleberry
    Happy

twinkleberry Elite Toon ATTA Supporter TTR Beta Tester

100%
    A neurosurgeon! & I still want to be one, but after I retire I'd like to be a teacher!

• Like Like x 1
  8. Sarcasm.
    Spaced

Sarcasm. Elite Toon ATTA Supporter

100%
    When I was younger: A veterinarian; which to this day I would not mind doing, but it's not going to happen

Nowadays: Ended up being a Geoscience major! I want to go on to get my PhD w/ a focus in Astrobiology/Planetary Geology :)

It took me awhile to find my passion. I started college as a Biotechnology major, love Biology but the more I did I realized I wasn't THAT into it.. then went onto Environmental Science, didn't care for it and wasn't impressed w/ the job outlook. Took a couple classes for fun (Astronomy and Oceanography) and I really enjoyed the geology sections of both classes and also did really well. I've always found astronomy very interesting which is how I came to the particular interest in planetary geology. I'm glad the searching is over because it was frustrating lol

Last edited: May 16, 2018
    • Like Like x 1
  9. Midnight Charm
    Artistic

Midnight Charm New Toon

40%
    When I was a kid, there were too many amazing options. Now I'm struggling to find even one that I could put that much commitment into. Here in the UK you can't major in a different subject than you apply for.

10. LollipopPickleberry

LollipopPickleberry New Toon

40%
    As a kid I always wanted to be happy..

• Optimistic Optimistic x 3