1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What's snowing like?

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by TechnoRapier, Dec 17, 2013.

1. TechnoRapier
    Scared

TechnoRapier New Toon

We only get snow down bottom of Australia in Tasmania (never been there) yea what's it like is it soft? comfy? taste good xD? Tell me what you think of it!

2. Enter
    Tired

Enter Moderation Manager
    Cast Member Moderation Manager ATTA Supporter TTR Beta Tester

100%
    I'd love to see snow and make snowballs and snowmen. It never snows where I am. :(

3. Augustine
    Devilish

Augustine Cog Crusher TTR Beta Tester

60%
    It's nice to look at, but I've never been very fond of the snow. If I stand outside in it for more than a few minutes, I freeze.

I used to eat a lot of snow as a kid, though. Back when the air was cleaner and eating snow was fairly safe. It's freshing.

4. ElizaKay92
    Amused

ElizaKay92 Hall of Fame Hall of Fame TTR Beta Tester

100%
    Snow can be soft. It isn't very comfy though, unless you just LOVE the cold. It tastes like plain ice. Unless it is yellow snow. DON'T eat the yellow snow! :)

• Like Like x 1
  5. Ivy
    Artistic

Ivy Elite Toon

100%
    Ugh it is so pretty and cool. Each snowflake really is different and unique, not to mention it is pretty light, except if you are shoveling or something. I have only seen snow a few times, and one time I couldn't even make snow angels or snowmen or snowballs because it was so cold that the snow had no moister and wouldn't stick. So sometimes it can be even too cold for snow! Anyways I love it. I love the sound of it crunching beneath your feet, or going tobogganing. Snow is pretty and fun, I wish it snowed where I am.

6. Daffy Lemonburger
    Happy

Daffy Lemonburger Cog Crusher

10%
    Snow is very pretty and white. It makes a really light "crunch" sound when you step on it. Depending on the temperature, the snow might be soft or hard (but not as hard as ice) and this will depend on how much sound it makes when you step on it. You can do various things, like snow forts, sowmen, snow angels, snowballs, sledding, shoveling it and even trying to touch it with your tounge. However, you might get frostbite if don't wear enough warm clothing. Anyways, it'll be a nICE experience. Unless if you don't like the cold, of course.

7. Dizzy
    Sunshine

Dizzy Gag Trainer

35%
    Haha, I was thinking about giving that same warning. :)

8. sweet
    Cool

sweet Administrator Cast Member Administrator Toontown Rewritten Staff TTR Beta Tester TTR Alpha Tester

100%
    LOL This is what it's like. ;)

• Funny Funny x 1
  9. Tattooed Heart
    Goofy

Tattooed Heart Cog Crusher

10%
    It's boring tbh. I only like it when you don't have school because of it, but it's so depressing at school when it snows and we still have school like everybody's so mad and sad and wants to just leave.

10. Lady Ladybug
    Busy

Lady Ladybug Cog Crusher

10%

That looks like a minor DUSTING !
    [​IMG]
    This is real snow !
    --- Double Post Merged, Dec 27, 2013, Original Post Date: Dec 27, 2013 ---
    [​IMG] Let it snow :)

[​IMG]

11. goodolzanysparklegoober
    Artistic

goodolzanysparklegoober Cog Crusher

60%
    Snow is very cold! It's slippery when it turns to ice! It is very beautiful on the trees, they look like they have glitter on them. It's fun to play with and build snowmen. The only downside is I do not like shovelling the snow off the driveway, and the salt that people put down to melt it.

12. sweet
    Cool

sweet Administrator Cast Member Administrator Toontown Rewritten Staff TTR Beta Tester TTR Alpha Tester

100%
    Rofl. Yes, Not sure when or where that video was taken. It was just one I found online. ;p I've lived in michigan for around 40 years. I'm VERY familiar with snow and ice from a super light dusting all the way up to the crazy blizzard of 1978 when snow drifts cleared the tops of our houses!!!! (That was a fun one as we could literally walk on the snow all the way onto our room, then jump or slide down. Rofl

Last edited: Dec 27, 2013
  13. Lady Ladybug
    Busy

Lady Ladybug Cog Crusher

10%
    The pictures are from my hometown, the only time we make the national news! :rolleyes:

14. sweet
    Cool

100%
    Nice! This last ice storm pretty much put us in the news again. We have power companies from other states up here helping to restore the more than 400 power lines that were knocked down. o_O. We're on day 5 of being without power. Lol

15. Lady Ladybug
    Busy

Lady Ladybug Cog Crusher

10%

I feel your pain been there! But look on the bright side, like ToonTown, that's when Toons of the world unite. Neighbors helping neighbors. ;)

16. tasha
    Energetic

tasha Cog Crusher TTR Beta Tester

60%
    ive never been in snow

17. Whisker Loopy Writer
    Amazed

Whisker Loopy Writer Elite Toon
    ATTA Supporter

100%
    I don't mind snow. We get -20 below zero windchill warnings where I am from. Sometimes, we have snow bands were snow accumulates in the persistent ones, also; there are a lot of lake effect snow warnings and snow storms throughout the winter months. We also have light snow by Halloween. The snow is white and fluffy. Sometimes, it can be heavy with the persistent amounts in the lake effect snow warnings.