1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What's worse? Greeners or Trainers?

Discussion in 'Game Polls' started by Uncetic, Apr 1, 2017.

?

Which is worse?

1. Greeners

32 vote(s)
    56.1%
  2. Trainers

19 vote(s)
    33.3%
  3. Can't decide

6 vote(s)
    10.5%
  1. Miss Candy
    Fine

Miss Candy Elite Toon
    KTTA ATTA Supporter TTR Beta Tester

100%
    Yeah, that's just people being stupid, I am just really laid back whenever I go sad, I am just like, whatever, I barely ever use the lvl 7s anyways, and I have plenty of jbs to pay off the gag loss:tearsofjoy:

• Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  2. That Soundless Horse
    No Mood

That Soundless Horse that pessimistic soundless horse TTR Beta Tester

100%
    well, I stock up on cogs miss for cases like this, and even I know I will die, I cheat death by using task manager anyway

3. soundwave12345
    Asleep

soundwave12345 Gag Trainer TTR Beta Tester

60%
    In my opinion that greeners are worst than trainers because greeners make other Toons sad, but Trainers are depend if wrong or not... If Trainers ask with perrisom to train their gags, if they said sure or ok, then that is fine. But trainers won't stop train their gags if they said no that wrong
    --- Double Post Merged, Mar 5, 2018, Original Post Date: Mar 5, 2018 ---
    In my opinion that greeners are worst than trainers because greeners make other Toons sad, but Trainers are depend if wrong or not... If Trainers ask with perrisom to train their gags, if they said sure or ok, then that is fine. But trainers won't stop train their gags if they said no that wrong

• Funny Funny x 1
  4. A Person
    Amused

A Person Elite Toon

100%
    I haven’t played very much yet, but I think greeners are worse. Trainers are bad but in my current limited experience, no one has trained without permission. The last trainer I met was in a 3 story invasion bldg in MM, and she was training tu, and it worked out well. We squirt a bit, she gives us toonup, we avoid killing cogs, she gives us toonup, so on so forth. It was fine, she asked first anyways. Greeners, boy oh boy. A bike horn carrier.....

5. Czarcasm
    Spaced

Czarcasm Elite Toon ATTA Supporter

100%
    Personally, I find trainers aggravating as all heck. 99.9% (the other .1% don't attempt to green me because they are smart) of greeners I encounter absolutely suck and I end up killing them myself, so nbd. Trainers are ignorant of what they are doing and most times when you are nicely trying to inform them of the consequences, etc. they start to get an attitude and continue training which at that point I am annoyed beyond anything and nobody is going to have a good time.

Trainers are worse imo

Last edited: Mar 8, 2018
    • Like Like x 2
  6. Rabbit Season

Rabbit Season New Toon ATTA Supporter

I'm still building my toon's laff, gags and what not, but there's been plenty of times in the sellbot factory (I choose tasks when I can that relate to it cause it's easy when you have a good group.) that I've nearly went green because someone was more worried about training their sound when it was level 3 during the foreman fight rather then toon me up, I've tried telling them but I've notice arguably it seems worst then when I first started on this toon (Currently 53, I know it's not high but that's the point!) Never dealt with a greener on ttr, or even tto for that matter....

Last edited: May 13, 2018
  7. Fishtacollahma
    Amused

Fishtacollahma Mother of All Fluffers
    TTR Beta Tester

100%
    If both do it on purpose to hurt us and troll they both are equally bad but if trainers don’t know they are hurting us and or don’t mean to troll then greeners without a doubt are worse.

8. That Soundless Horse
    No Mood

100%
    I actually prefer greeners, rather someone trying to take me out for fun (oh Well, I'll disconnect to save my 7s lol) vs someone being stupid using banana peels on 12s and getting someone killed that way lol

9. Gem ARustedChick

Gem ARustedChick New Toon ATTA Supporter

Greeners: purposely bringing little toons with you on a mission to kill them all is no different than a serial killer in my eyes...

10. Little Spotty

Little Spotty Cog Crusher ATTA Supporter

10%
    Both spiders and braces are beneficial, whereas acne and cockroaches are (generally) harmful :grin:

Sooo... greening?

I want to say I'm surprised so many people are more bothered by people training than greening, but I'm not. Even though I didn't start playing until a few days ago, something I've been hearing about for years is TTR's massive greening population. I swear this wasn't as much an issue back in TTO. It seems like the go-to response for a lot of players is just to kill off other toons when they've annoyed you in any way, including training their gags. I remember when people wouldn't stop training we usually worked around the issue (ignoring them, but not letting them die) or we'd just leave. We'd meet back wherever we were (mint, for example) and start a new group without the trainer. That way we weren't killing them and they didn't get to train either.
    TBH I partly blame the whole greening fad on some certain youtubers that gained popularity in the later days (2009-2010). I remember how shocked I was when I started seeing these videos with thousands of views where the strategy was to be mean to people and green them! Kids started emulating these streamers and spreading the same hateful ideology, insisting that it was some sort of strategy. Seriously? That's not how I learned how to play, and that's not how I'm ever going to play. I will always hate greeners more than I hate trainers. There's nothing malicious or un-toony about training your gags. If you want to make toons go sad, you might as well be a cog!

11. Cvalho

Cvalho Cog Crusher ATTA Supporter

35%
    I can offset greeners, but trainers are far more worse. They can cause a nuisance, but rather they should train in bldgs than boss battles!

• Like Like x 1
  12. Gem ARustedChick

Gem ARustedChick New Toon ATTA Supporter

I am so impressed by your reply. You took the words right out of my mouth! We need to meet somewhere and friend up :)

13. That Soundless Horse
    No Mood

100%
    is it really hateful? I don't really play the game anymore, and that's more of a "if they won't stop after being asked repetitively, and it hurts the team" but I usually disconnect now.

14. Djcloud84
    Angry

Djcloud84 Cog Crusher ATTA Supporter

35%
    Greeners because atleast trainers want to play the game and have fun, Greeners are just 6 year olds trying to have a laugh for ruining someones game.

15. Nodog
    Mellow

Nodog Cog Crusher TTR Beta Tester

60%
    I chose trainers because 99.99% of the time I just shrug greeners off and carry on with what i was doing

like the original post said,

• Useful Useful x 2
  16. Djcloud84
    Angry

Djcloud84 Cog Crusher ATTA Supporter

35%
    Depends on the level of greeners tbh. If your in a DA office with all level 12 Cogs and they use a level 1 sound and unlure them all and repeat that can get annoying but they both have pros and cons

• Like Like x 1
  17. Little Spotty

Little Spotty Cog Crusher ATTA Supporter

10%
    I consider it hateful since it's not in the spirit of the game. The original TT was essentially meant to be a game for kids to learn how to play with others. So when you get an older person teaching young, impressionable kids that the way to play is being mean and going out of your way to let toons die, I consider it hateful. Like I said, that's not the way I learned to play. If someone is bothering you, you ignore them or leave. It's sad to see how common greening is in a game where teamwork and communication are so important.

• Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  18. Jenaspender
    Amazed

Jenaspender New Toon

Cockroaches
    Acne
    New Mexico

19. Violin3607
    Thinking

Violin3607 Cog Crusher

85%
    Trainers. Greeners I can shrug off and work around, trainers really annoy me. Plus, although it isn't impossible, it's pretty hard to green someone who's my laff (not bragging).